Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel/Sony Spider-Man Deal Leads to Four Marvel Studios Films Getting New Dates

Marvel Studios and Sony's new deal has led to new releases dates for "Thor: Ragnarok," "Black Panther," "Captain Marvel" and "Inhumans."

Full article here.

Ultimate Member

So the new and interesting movies get pushed back so that Marvel can make a SIXTH Spider-Man film, oh goodie

So does that mean that the Inhumans movie will be part of Phase 4?

Amazing Member

Share with Sony? So it'll be half as good?

And this is the downside and a possible problem that may arise.

I really hope that this doesn't spell the end of newcomer heroes, or that the push back means they'll neglect them in favor of pushing more Spider-Man.

And now Inhumans takes place AFTER Infinity War Part 2.

BANNED

Wow, so Black Panther and Captain Marvel really are getting pushed back even further? That sucks Donkey Kong!

Sucks that Black Panther and Captain Marvel got pushed back, but feel free to keep Inhumans as far away as possible.

BANNED

I still think Black Panther will appear in Avengers, His costume and actor are already known. Wakanda, Vibranium at least will be shown. Panther is gonna be in Civil War, so we'll see. We'll still get BP, just a few months later.
    I like Garfield, and under Feige, I have hope he will integrate easily.

Spectacular Member

This had to happen, as Sony probably has a deal with Marvel to produce the film within a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I still think Black Panther will appear in Avengers, His costume and actor are already known. Wakanda, Vibranium at least will be shown. Panther is gonna be in Civil War, so we'll see. We'll still get BP, just a few months later.
    They are recasting for Spider-Man so Garfield is out. But I do agree that BP will have a presence in the MCU with his Civil War debut. They're already filming that film so they can't just cut him out for Spidey at this point.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

The press releases are referencing Spidey as the "New Sider-Man" so I guess that means that Garfield is out. Thank goodness. He was annoying as hell. I wouldn't mind if they brought back Emma Stone in some capacity.

I'd rather have Miles Morales as the Cinematic Universe Spider-Man than another Spider-Man movie with Garfield playing Peter Parker.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Makes sense. It's SPIDER-MAN, there's a high demand for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    They are recasting for Spider-Man so Garfield is out. But I do agree that BP will have a presence in the MCU with his Civil War debut. They're already filming that film so they can't just cut him out for Spidey at this point.
    Filming for Civil War begins in April.

BANNED

please be Miles Morales as Spider-Man

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    Now that they've got Spider-Man, you can count on Black Panther not appearing, or appearing in a greatly reduced role in the Cap Civil War movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?