Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Molecule Man may technically be the second or third most powerful, he just doesn't do anything with his power most of the time. The Maker is terrified of him.

apparently, TOAA has limitations.

Molecule Man had the power of the Omniverse (might be a mistake on the writers part so it could be Multiverse) and could erase Lifebringer Galactus with a thought.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    apparently, TOAA has limitations.

Molecule Man had the power of the Omniverse (might be a mistake on the writers part so it could be Multiverse) and could erase Lifebringer Galactus with a thought.
    Any limitations TOAA has are self-imposed. He/She/It is the top of the pyramid and everything beyond that.

Molecule Man is up there, but even he has never created a particle that never existed previously. He has to work within the framework of known particles and laws (or violation of said laws), which TOAA created. It's also worth noting that MM needed Franklin and Reed's input to create a patchwork facsimile of the multiverse. Yes, he's powerful, but that's mainly because Marvel writers don't know where to begin to define, or exploit his weaknesses.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Depends on where you are looking cosmically living tribunal, In betweener, Death herself, maybe Eternity and the Beyond.

Closer to the earth at their peak. Odin, Owen Reece, Franklin, Zeus, the phoenix

1. Thanos with all 6 infinity stones
    2. Thor with Stormbreaker
    3. Cap with Mjolnir
    4. Iron spider
    5. Deadpool

Extraordinary Member

I would argue that Loki could be insanely powerful given his title as God of Stories. And he did survive the Incursions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Depends on where you are looking cosmically living tribunal, In betweener, Death herself, maybe Eternity and the Beyond.

Closer to the earth at their peak. Odin, Owen Reece, Franklin, Zeus, the phoenix
    Maybe Eternity? There is no doubt about it..behind Tribunal, Eternity is next.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I would leave the Scarlet Witch off this list because House of M is an outlier in her career as a comic book character. Normally she just does a hex and falls down exhausted. Being omnipotent in one story doesn't make you the Beyonder, or even Doctor Strange.

I know this is a lost cause because most people now know her from House of M and think of her as potentially omnipotent, but it's not like Jean, who was at a near-cosmic power level for a fairly long time.
    Jean has gotten punked out by Genesis, Stryfe, pre Shaman Nate, Apocalypse, Onslaught, Magneto, and has been OWNED by Exodus. She is nowhere near omnipotent. Lol. Where on earth did you get that idea?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Tribunal really just represents the law of equity and balance. It's the reason why Beyonders and Logos (Order and Chaos) and all manner of omniversal usurpers kill him off first, before pursuing their agendas. He's not as all-powerful as some would think. He/it has been given a role, but like all authorities, it truly only has power granted him by the consent of the governed. I would never say that he's more powerful than Eternity per se. It's just that Eternity isn't one to rock the boat.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    She has done another feat.

Storm beat The Trion in their own dimension. Again. Storm BEAT the Trion in THEIR OWN dimension.
    How powerful is The Trion?

The Trion were three beings who were supreme and were the whole of their realm. The Trion was first seen when they teleported the X-Men to their dimension. The Trion are mortal enemies with Cytorrak, and when Cytorrak possessed the body of Juggernaut, he tried to break through dimensions until he got to the Trion's dimension where he intended to destroy the Trion. The Trion had banished all evil tendencies from themselves into a sphere of perfect darkness, and the sphere tried to reach out to Cytorrak to free it, but the X-men stopped him from doing it when they stopped Juggernaut, who was Cytorrak's vessel.
    After the Trion put all their evil into one dark sphere, one fragment of that sphere broke off and traveled through a rift in reality and into Earth 616. Presumably, the Trion remain supreme in their realm. It is interesting that because there is no evil in their realm, there is no change, and is has been quite stagnant for eons.

The Trion, as the embodiment of their dimension, had incredible, near incalculable power. The laws of physics in their dimension differ greatly than that of Earth-like dimensions.

--Uncanny X-Men#368 (X-Men II#88, Uncanny X-Men#369, Avengers III#50 (first flashback)

Link: link: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/tripevil.htm#TRION
    If she beat them, how were they supreme?

Astonishing Member

I'm thinking most powerful versions ever of these I've picked

1_Toaa in any incarnation
    2_Beyonder at the time of secret wars 1 and 2
    3_The tribunal post secret wars, cuts off the gauntlet
    4_post retcon of most recent secret wars molecule man
    5_hercules at end of chaos war, literally recreates the universe as the god of god's skyfather

I've not included things like the gauntlet or hotu since those were external powers many could use potentially
    Last edited by kilderkin; 02-22-2019 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Maybe Eternity? There is no doubt about it..behind Tribunal, Eternity is next.

The maybe reflect my trying to recall them from memory not a comment on power levels.

I'm way more of a DC fan myself, but have since familiarity with Marvel's far more organized cosmics hierarchy.

5. The Living Tribunal - the most powerful recurring cosmic being WITHIN the Marvel Multiverse (closest DC equivalent is ... maybe the Spectre at absolute full power)

4. Heart Of The Universe - the most powerful artifact ever found WITHIN the Marvel Multiverse

3. Pre-Retcon Molecule Man - the most powerful one-time cosmic being WITHIN the Marvel Multiverse (closest DC equivalent is ... Lucifer Morningstar ?)

2. Pre-Retcon Beyonder - the most powerful one-time cosmic being WITHOUT the Marvel Multiverse (closest DC equivalent is Primal Monitor aka the Overvoid)

1. The One Above All - the most powerful recurring cosmic being WITHOUT the Marvel Multiverse (closest DC equivalent is The Writer aka The Publisher Itself)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The Tribunal really just represents the law of equity and balance. It's the reason why Beyonders and Logos (Order and Chaos) and all manner of omniversal usurpers kill him off first, before pursuing their agendas. He's not as all-powerful as some would think. He/it has been given a role, but like all authorities, it truly only has power granted him by the consent of the governed. I would never say that he's more powerful than Eternity per se. It's just that Eternity isn't one to rock the boat.
    I think Tribunal negating the power of the Infinity Gauntlet showed he was above Eternity. The story even implied he was above an Infinity Gauntlet user, though it was never truelly put to the test.

But Order and Chaos killing him really does sort of imply Tribunal has a glass jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Tribunal negating the power of the Infinity Gauntlet showed he was above Eternity. The story even implied he was above an Infinity Gauntlet user, though it was never truelly put to the test.

But Order and Chaos killing him really does sort of imply Tribunal has a glass jaw.
    I think the story stated/implied they were able to do that because the multiverse was yet in flux after the incursions and its following re-creation.