Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I think the story stated/implied they were able to do that because the multiverse was yet in flux after the incursions and its following re-creation.
    Yes, that's correct. Chaos and Order didn't go gunning for TOAA, because TOAA is truly above all of them. That indicates that there is a hierarchy. That they could kill the Living Tribunal indicates that he/it isn't as elevated in the grand scheme of things as we'd like to believe.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Tribunal negating the power of the Infinity Gauntlet showed he was above Eternity.
    I don't think negating the ability of the Infinity Stones to work in unison is that big of a feat. We're told the being that comprised the Infinity Stones experienced something that resulted in it wanting to self terminate. That speaks to a mortal flaw of some kind. Perhaps the Living Tribunal simply knows how to take advantage of that flaw? And maybe the reason why Thanos was able to wield the IG to the extent that he was is because he personifies that mortal flaw?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/LNYSO7X.jpg

Knock yourself out.
    There'a a lot of erroneous information in that image.

I'd honestly divide things several ways, but it'd be quite complicated.
    Marvel pre-Nullifier re-boot (the end of the Abraxas Saga).
    Marvel post-Nullifier re-boot.
    Marvel post-Secret Wars re-boot.
    What was published (writing and art in-comic) in the comics themselves at the time of publication.
    Writers' known intent at the time of publication (that may or may not have come across clearly in the published comic).
    Writers' original intent before the story was edited down.
    Trying to gauge writers' intent when it isn't truly clear.
    Taking into account retcons and logic that writers ignored.
    Trying to gauge conflicting portrayals where not enough information is given on certain characters.

Marvel editorial started to weaken during the Quesada/Jemas years and has gradually gotten worse and worse, so the cosmic/magic/supernatural/deity/powerful artifact/omega+ level mutant scene is really inconsistent and out of wack right now. Editors had it tough during the early to mid-90's era when there were tons of books being published and though there were often conflicting portrayals and information things stayed largely intact and editors and writers that weren't the original writer would often come in and use retcons or elaboration on events and characters to try to fix these inconsistencies. Marvel publishes a lot less now but it's more of a clusterfunk than ever.

I'd like to see a team-up series with Silver Surfer, Thor (odinson), Sentry, Blue Marvel, Firelord, and Gladiator (Shi'Ar).

BANNED

is this accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post

is this accurate?
    Pretty much, give or take an AU or two. The very top is accurate.

[IMG]is this accurate?
    That was created before Ewing redefined Eternity and Infinity as omniversal instants, which places them closer to the top of the pyramid with 5-6 of their "brethren". Ewing's take also places the Never Queen higher up the wrung as well as an influencer. It's worth noting that under Ewing's creation myth, magical powers don't appear until much later. There was TOAA, then First Firmament, then Celestials, then more Celestials ("colored ones"), their servitors, and a multiverse creating war.

As these things go, it wouldn't surprise me one bit of magical beings have a different view of creation. All of these powers seem to be so self-absorbed (or perhaps self-contained is the correct word?) that they are completely oblivious to other extant powers.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That was created before Ewing redefined Eternity and Infinity as omniversal instants, which places them closer to the top of the pyramid with 5-6 of their "brethren". Ewing's take also places the Never Queen higher up the wrung as well as an influencer. It's worth noting that under Ewing's creation myth, magical powers don't appear until much later. There was TOAA, then First Firmament, then Celestials, then more Celestials ("colored ones"), their servitors, and a multiverse creating war.

As these things go, it wouldn't surprise me one bit of magical beings have a different view of creation. All of these powers seem to be so self-absorbed (or perhaps self-contained is the correct word?) that they are completely oblivious to other extant powers.
    and where does Molecule Man fit in with Ewing's redefining?

and where does Molecule Man fit in with Ewing's redefining?
    Above Galactus, but it's not clear how much higher above Galactus. That's not really saying much, since Logos was able to affect Galactus against his will. (That makes sense, since Logos, or the merged forms of Chaos and Order, are the equivalent of Death and Eternity merged.) Molecule Man stayed out of the power struggle between First Firmament and Eternity. He didn't even bother to get involved with the war between Logos and Galactus. This was a battle to determine the structure, rules, and guiding principles of the omniverse as much as anything, so perhaps MM stayed clear because he wasn't affected, not being a cosmic being in the classic sense. Or perhaps he stayed clear, because the outcome of this battle could have also redefined his role and powers as well. Molecule Man "got ghost" fairly quickly after speaking to Galactus.

Molecule Man is an interesting character. I recall reading somewhere that Sentry took him down, which means that Owen isn't as powerful as we think. He also needed Reed and Franklin's assistance to repair the multiverse, which also would indicate that he has limitations that place him further down the list than we'd like to think. I guess it all just hinges on how the writer wants to portray him.

Lastly, in considering the powers of all of Marvel's characters, there are some characters who did not make that chart. They exist "outside" of the multiverse/omniverse. Even further outside the power sphere of the Beyonders. Indeed, some of them are so powerful that if they were to enter and stay in our sphere of existence too long their very presence alone would destroy everything. I write that simply to say that there's always someone or something more powerful. We know that TOAA is at the top, but beyond that, it's probably not worth the trouble of creating a set hierarchy. These things are as fluid as the ink in a writer's pen.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Above Galactus, but it's not clear how much higher above Galactus. That's not really saying much, since Logos was able to affect Galactus against his will. (That makes sense, since Logos, or the merged forms of Chaos and Order, are the equivalent of Death and Eternity merged.) Molecule Man stayed out of the power struggle between First Firmament and Eternity. He didn't even bother to get involved with the war between Logos and Galactus. This was a battle to determine the structure, rules, and guiding principles of the omniverse as much as anything, so perhaps MM stayed clear because he wasn't affected, not being a cosmic being in the classic sense. Or perhaps he stayed clear, because the outcome of this battle could have also redefined his role and powers as well. Molecule Man "got ghost" fairly quickly after speaking to Galactus.

Molecule Man is an interesting character. I recall reading somewhere that Sentry took him down, which means that Owen isn't as powerful as we think. He also needed Reed and Franklin's assistance to repair the multiverse, which also would indicate that he has limitations that place him further down the list than we'd like to think. I guess it all just hinges on how the writer wants to portray him.

Lastly, in considering the powers of all of Marvel's characters, there are some characters who did not make that chart. They exist "outside" of the multiverse/omniverse. Even further outside the power sphere of the Beyonders. Indeed, some of them are so powerful that if they were to enter and stay in our sphere of existence too long their very presence alone would destroy everything. I write that simply to say that there's always someone or something more powerful. We know that TOAA is at the top, but beyond that, it's probably not worth the trouble of creating a set hierarchy. These things are as fluid as the ink in a writer's pen.
    interesting thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see a team-up series with Silver Surfer, Thor (odinson), Sentry, Blue Marvel, Firelord, and Gladiator (Shi'Ar).

What are they going to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    What are they going to fight?
    Knowing Marvel, probably each other at first. But there is no shortage of evil blokes who could take on a team as powerful as that.