View Poll Results: Which Spider-Man would you like in the MCU?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

140 78.65%
  • Miles Morales

38 21.35%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Peter Parker of course, I want to see my hero finally done right on the big screen, and he he needs to be a white guy.
    Changing the ethnicity of these characters is beyond retarded.

And I couldnt give two sh1ts about Miles Morales.
    Charming.

There is only one true web-slinger and anything else would be a dumb idea.
    Marvel Studios are not that dumb.
    There are loads of spider characters, get over it.

I hope they bring in Miles at some point but I expect them to use Peter to begin with.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Doesn't Peter Parker deserve a chance to be in a good Spider-man film? All he's asking for is a chance, man.

I'd prefer they use Michael Stone/Miguel O'Hara.
    But for this poll I'm going with Miles.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Pete. No question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I like the way you think, Knuckles

standard_fantastic.jpg

BANNED

Peter only if they manage to keep Andrew Garfield on board, but if not, then bring in Miles.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    I like the way you think, Knuckles

standard_fantastic.jpg
    I mean seriously, we've had Iron-Man/War Machine and Captain America/Falcon co-exist on screen together. This isn't like Nick Fury, so it doesn't exactly warrant a "versus" discussion.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Ultimate Member

Honestly Miles would make me more excited at this point. We've had FIVE Spider-Man movies in less than fifteen years, spread over two different continuities, and all with PP. I'm not all that interested in seeing "young" Peter yet again (which is the direction that I fully expect Marvel to go with this). Been there done that. Miles as the "younger" Spidey would be much more interesting to me. If you're going to use Peter, then I'd prefer an older/more stable and established Peter. You know, something different than what we've seen before in the films.

Amazing Member

For the love of God, of course PETER PARKER!!!

Why is this even a question angers me, please!

I LOVE Peter but Miles wouldn’t be another rehash of the same story. So I am voting for Miles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean seriously, we've had Iron-Man/War Machine and Captain America/Falcon co-exist on screen together. This isn't like Nick Fury, so it doesn't exactly warrant a "versus" discussion.
    I'd say those duos are bad comparisons. Miles should never be portrayed to be what WM & Falcon have been to the titular characters of their films.

Just keep Miles for the comics if you're just going to reduce him to Spider-Man's black backup in a few scenes.

or better yet, just give me an animated series where Miles Morales can be Spider-Man properly, the way he should.

Miles Morales gotta be driving

Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 1.40.11 AM.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ryu77 View Post
    For the love of God, of course PETER PARKER!!!

Why is this even a question angers me, please!
    It actually is a pretty dumb question. I love Mile Morales and am stoked he'll be (hopefully) in the regular Marvel U post-SW but, honestly, why would Marvel want to f*ck with their most iconic hero after they've finally gotten the ability to affect his cinematic portrayal? This is something they've been waiting for years upon years - to call the shots concerning their flagship hero. To do anything but show the world how they'd handle him on film would be the most retarded move ever. It'd be like if Warners/DC had had to sit back while other people made Batman movies and when they finally got the chance to do their own, they said "Eh, I don't know about Bruce Wayne as Batman. How about Jean-Paul Valley?" That'd be pretty stupid, right?

So no, Marvel won't be doing anything other than Peter Parker as Spider-Man. Is Miles a terrific character and a great addition to the Spider mythos? Of course. Might we see a live action Miles along side Peter in the movies one day? Possibly. That'd be pretty awesome. But you don't kick aside the classic original just because.

Peter, no question. There are plenty of fresh stories that can be told with the character. Classic villains like Mysterio and Vulture have yet to be used on film. "Kraven's Last Hunt" has never really been touched in any non-comic medium. A good symbiote story has also never been told, and I think the JMS totem storyline could translate well onto film (and be a good way to show Peter's origin without completely redoing it.) We haven't even seen a love interest beyond MJ or Gwen on the big screen yet! I am also really looking forward to seeing Pete interact with all the Avengers characters.

That's not to say that I dislike Miles. I would be more than okay with him taking over as Spider-Man for a film or two after Pete is missing and presumed dead in a random Avengers movie. Miles' character works best when he is dealing with Peter's legacy and trying to find his own way in the world as Spider-Man. To just throw him into the MCU without Peter being around to set a precedent would be a disservice to both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It actually is a pretty dumb question. I love Mile Morales and am stoked he'll be (hopefully) in the regular Marvel U post-SW but, honestly, why would Marvel want to f*ck with their most iconic hero after they've finally gotten the ability to affect his cinematic portrayal? This is something they've been waiting for years upon years - to call the shots concerning their flagship hero. To do anything but show the world how they'd handle him on film would be the most retarded move ever. It'd be like if Warners/DC had had to sit back while other people made Batman movies and when they finally got the chance to do their own, they said "Eh, I don't know about Bruce Wayne as Batman. How about Jean-Paul Valley?" That'd be pretty stupid, right?

So no, Marvel won't be doing anything other than Peter Parker as Spider-Man. Is Miles a terrific character and a great addition to the Spider mythos? Of course. Might we see a live action Miles along side Peter in the movies one day? Possibly. That'd be pretty awesome. But you don't kick aside the classic original just because.
    This. And who says Peter needs to be white? they made nick fury black... I personally wouldnt want to see Donald Glover play Spider-man though. I would like to see a big name there to replace people leaving the roster like Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Evans. I would call up Joseph Gordon-Levitt and lock him in for 3 solo films with an option for 4 and 5 and 4-6 appearances in other films. He would be perfect. Skip the origin crap that we all know and just drop him into the movie like he was always there.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales