View Poll Results: Which Spider-Man would you like in the MCU?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

140 78.65%
  • Miles Morales

38 21.35%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Ideally, I'd like to see Miles in there as an easter egg. I don't think he really fits as a main character unless Peter is absent or dead. Plus I just don't think any of the studios are brave enough to do a Miles film. They barely have done female-focused films, and those really tanked. A true film with an alternate Spider-Man who is also non-white? Too gutsy, no way. Love to see it, though.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I really want them to expand Miles territory overall. I get the drive to push mainstays but even in example using the lesser known can yield good results in other media. I would take Miles as the sole animated series character any day for that matter and think he would lend himself better to a series at this point. Also I really believe that back story needs full establishment as the public is well aware of who Spider-man and Peter Parker are at this point in time and it's as insulting to rehash the origin to the larger audience as it would be to do it the comic readership. Footnoting would do fine. But for the film series itself I think they need to focus on fixing the credibility of Peter Parker and the franchise first. Get over that hill then consider what to do in a spin-off.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Miles Morales, because I am getting tired of the Peter Parkers Movies. The character already have five movies, it is a good run but a Miles Morales is more needed than a Peter in the MCU.

Also, I would REALLY like to see a movie get Peter Parker right for once. He had five movies, but none of them did a good job showcasing the character.

BANNED

Well Miles origin involves Parker dying so lets squeeze out some Parker movies first.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well Miles origin involves Parker dying so lets squeeze out some Parker movies first.
    No it doesn't. Seperate Universes.

BANNED

True u can go with a different way still I expect Peter First.

Why would they want to use Miles as Spider-Man in the movies?

How many people who pay to see the movie could care less who Miles is and would feel cheated if a "Spider-Man" movie wasn't about Peter Parker?

No offense to any of you who are a really big fan of Miles, but the character has only been around 5 years and has yet to prove himself beyond being Marvel's most popular writer's pet character. I don't mean that he's a bad character or anything but I'd like to see how he would do written by another less known writer. Would he still be popular? No way to say until it happens.

Meanwhile Peter Parker has been super popular for 50+ years now and shows no sign of slowing down in popularity. Even through the dire periods of bad stories, art, writers, etc...he has remained popular.

So looking at it that way which would you pick if you were Marvel/Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    No offense to any of you who are a really big fan of Miles, but the character has only been around 5 years and has yet to prove himself beyond being Marvel's most popular writer's pet character. I don't mean that he's a bad character or anything but I'd like to see how he would do written by another less known writer. Would he still be popular? No way to say until it happens.

Meanwhile Peter Parker has been super popular for 50+ years now and shows no sign of slowing down in popularity. Even through the dire periods of bad stories, art, writers, etc...he has remained popular.

So looking at it that way which would you pick if you were Marvel/Sony?
    This is pretty much game, set, and match here.

A lot of people want to see Miles, which is understandable. But this is basically the deciding factor here. Peter Parker is the proven commodity. Miles hasn't had another "main" writer yet.

I want to see Spider-Gwen on the big or small screen myself. Is it gonna happen? Not a snowball's chance in hell. That kind of stuff will happen 10-20 years down the line if the characters have proven themselves.
    Last edited by macattack; 02-10-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Peter Parker isn't relevant anymore, give me Miles or give me nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Peter Parker isn't relevant anymore, give me Miles or give me nothing at all.
    Wait your turn. I'm still waiting for Peter to grow into the person I grew up reading him as.

Sorry, tired of seeing people beg them to skip over eras of comics that generations of readers grew up on to appease fans of a brand new character who hasn't even existed for as long as I've had to endure OMD.

Amazing Member

Peter, let be real there is no way it would have been Miles. Maybe later after they established peter as Spider-man in the movie universe. They could introduce both of them, while Peter is the movie spider-man. They could do Tv series with Miles. Than when the time is right move Miles to replace Peter.

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Miles Morales, because I am getting tired of the Peter Parkers Movies. The character already have five movies, it is a good run but a Miles Morales is more needed than a Peter in the MCU.
    Marvel Studios didn't bust their butts to work out a deal with Sony to feature Miles Morales as Spider-man. Not that this poll is the be-all, end-all, but 75% of the votes want Parker as Spidey and Sony/Marvel want to make money, not appease the vocal minority that think making a radical change to an iconic character is the way to go. Parker has been Spidey for 50+ years. He has a ton of villains, stories, allies, all of which you lose connection to if you go with Morales. With Miles you have no Green Goblin, no Doc Ock, no Venom, no Clone Saga, no Scarlet Spider, no Black Cat, no Mary Jane, no Gwen Stacy, no Flash Thompson, no chance for a Superior Spiderman, etc. Miles is basically a brand new character that just so happens to wear the costume of a well known one that's been around for less than 4 years. He's had very little of his story told and people aren't really familiar with his villians and allies. To me, it was be insanely dumb for Marvel/Sony to use Miles over Peter at this point, I don't care how many movies they have made of Parker as this point.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

I'm torn; I want to see Peter but I really don't want to see him messed up again nor do I want them to kill him off later to introduce Miles. So, I think they should go with Miles in order to keep the connection with Sony movies (maybe they'll kill Peter in Sinister Six and lead that into the MCU movies) but I want to see them go with Peter and portray him more like he is in the comics.