Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    NO ONE CAN hold Dr. Doom on trial as long as he has diplomatic immunity.

So I find it impossible for anyone, even the X-men, to try to hold something over Dr.Doom without consequences.
    It's not exactly impossible to go after Doom legally. We've seen it done a few times, like when the Mighty Avengers did it prior to Secret Invasion.

But yeah... that's not necessarily a fight you want to pick unless you're really prepared to deal with the consequences. A war with Doom will make conflict with SHIELD or the Avengers potentially look like a picnic. That's not to say they're not necessarily justified in going after him if that's what in theory they chose to do... but they had better be sure it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    NO ONE CAN hold Dr. Doom on trial as long as he has diplomatic immunity.

So I find it impossible for anyone, even the X-men, to try to hold something over Dr.Doom without consequences.
    As he endangered the entire world (especially if you argue that he caused House of M, but it's still true without that), then diplomatic immunity doesn't apply, I shouldn't think. It wouldn't be able the U.S. charging him for crimes but probably the U.N.

I'm no lawyer, but aside from writers, is there anything stopping the International Court of Justice/World Court from hearing the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

I'm no lawyer, but aside from writers, is there anything stopping the International Court of Justice/World Court from hearing the case?
    How about fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    As he endangered the entire world (especially if you argue that he caused House of M, but it's still true without that), then diplomatic immunity doesn't apply, I shouldn't think. It wouldn't be able the U.S. charging him for crimes but probably the U.N.

I dont know, but i think is easier to kill Doctor Doom than taking him to a court and sending him to jail.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have to keep going back to the burden of proof though. Even if he did confess in front of witnesses, the police can tell you plenty of people confess to things they didn't do. Who was in the room when Wanda said "No More Mutants"? Certainly not Doom. nor was he present when things went down at Avengers mansion earlier. He was trapped in Hell.

BANNED

It's a messy situation, but at the heart of it is a lot of pain and no one held responsible in any meaningful way.