Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Cancels "Spider-Man 2099," Announces David & Sliney's "Secret Wars 2099"

When Peter David and Will Sliney's current series ends, the creative team will refocus on "Secret Wars 2099."

Full article here.

Oh, good! I'm really glad that even though the book sold well enough it still got cancelled in less than 12 issues, only to be replaced by more Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. Because as the movies have told me, those are the ONLY characters that matter.

BANNED

I'm interested in this. After ANXF reveal units final issue I was wondering if it was ever going to get a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by brihutch2021 View Post
    Oh, good! I'm really glad that even though the book sold well enough it still got cancelled in less than 12 issues, only to be replaced by more Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. Because as the movies have told me, those are the ONLY characters that matter.
    It's probably more of Marvel wanting to incorporate 2099 into Secret Wars more closely, as it does have its own spot in Battleworld. I liked Spidey 2099 as well & am sad to see it go, but there's no need to overreact. Plus, Miguel is most likely in this comic as well.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Already canceled for another Avengers Centric book? Was this book not selling well?
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

If Miguel plays a major role in this book I'm in. Doom? Jake Gallows? Some of the 2099 X-Men? I'll consider it. None of the above? I'll give it one issue to prove itself and I think I'm being generous there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    If Miguel plays a major role in this book I'm in. Doom? Jake Gallows? Some of the 2099 X-Men? I'll consider it. None of the above? I'll give it one issue to prove itself and I think I'm being generous there.
    It'll most likely have Miguel O'Hara because his comic was selling pretty well before this. These Avengers are a product of Alchemax & Miguel probably wants none of that. Not sure about the rest.

Peter David and Will Sliney's "Spider-Man 2099" is coming to a close
    NOOOOOOO!!!!! Damn you Marvel! can't Peter David catch a break?

So...will Spidey 2099 be back post-Secret War? Or is this the real end of his series? Because if it's the latter, that would be very disappointing. Still, PAD on this book and the story details are enough to get me to give it a shot, and I have a feeling this might tie into some of PAD's Serval/X-Factor storylines to a certain extent .

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Great, because ewe didn't have enough Avengers already
    Cyclops was right

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    It's probably more of Marvel wanting to incorporate 2099 into Secret Wars more closely, as it does have its own spot in Battleworld. I liked Spidey 2099 as well & am sad to see it go, but there's no need to overreact. Plus, Miguel is most likely in this comic as well.
    It's not an over reaction. Spidey 2099 was selling great, better than Hulk and quite a few other books like Captain Marvel. Just as Peter David's much loved All New X-Factor was selling better than books that are still here. It's beyond annoying that even good sales mean nothing. It certainly doesn't bode well for any number of newer series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard2099 View Post
    NOOOOOOO!!!!! Damn you Marvel! can't Peter David catch a break?
    Uhh, Peter David is getting this book which will probably have Miguel O'Hara in it. Marvel has said before that certain comics are ending, but their creative teams will still write their characters in potential Secret Wars tie-ins. The writers knew this was coming, as Secret Wars was apparently planned years in advance.
    Last edited by Neoxon; 02-03-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's not an over reaction. Spidey 2099 was selling great, better than Hulk and quite a few other books like Captain Marvel. Just as Peter David's much loved All New X-Factor was selling better than books that are still here. It's beyond annoying that even good sales mean nothing. It certainly doesn't bode well for any number of newer series.
    It was more of Secret Wars causing Spidey 2099 to end than anything else. At the very least, the creative team is sticking around for the 2099 Secret Wars tie-in. And like I've said in numerous posts, Miguel O'Hara is most likely involved.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by brihutch2021 View Post
    Then you will be happy to know that Marvel intends to make the MCU lineup as flexible as the comics, going forward.

Lots and lots of Avengers! In other words, the JLA-ing of the team that happened a decade ago when Bendis took over will spread to the MCU. I forget who at Marvel mentioned this, I read it in an interview. Might've been Alonso.

I was actually excited to finally start having Miguel back in 2099, since I didn't know the series was starting off in the present(I only just started reading comics about right when this new series started) and have no interest in spiderverse...Bummer.