Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yeah but the thing is i don't think Wanda was under Mind Control when she sought out the power to do what she did. Same thing with Axis No one was under mind control when they attempted that spell. They decided to do that on their own. That is where i think the personal responsibility comes into play.
    That's a fair point certainly.

But looking at Axis for example... the heroes as a group collectively agreed to try the spell plan because frankly they had nothing else. And it did work in the sense that it sucessfully stopped Red Onslaught. But if the Avengers and X-Men are all arrested and imprisoned for their actions hypothetically speaking at least until a trial, what happens when an incursion starts or Galactus shows up in New York. Where does the greater responsibilty lie? In following proper due process, or in essentially doing their job and keeping the world safe?

I think that's the other aspect of heroes often having the government and law look the other way when they can. Everyone knows that the world keeps spinnng because these people are out there ensuring that it does. That doesn't necessarily give them a free pass to do whatever they want... if they're intentionally killing people of their own free will, that's crossing a line I don't think government or the law will look away from. But if like in Axis they went along with a desperate plan which did likely save the earth but resulted in a good deal of collateral damange, I think government and law will go easy on them... because like it or not they are needed and a greater good is served by them not sitting in a jail cell.

There's a balancing act that needs to take place. It's not entirely fair... but it is necessary.

If you put her on trial the Avengers and X-Men all become accessories after the fact since they basically hid her and her role from the public to protect mutants in general from backlash.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Aw c'mon now. Hope was just a tool for Scott. A tool for a noble goal, sure, but still a tool.

Scott was just as crazy about reigniting mutants as Wanda was about her babies. The parallels are astounding.
    I agree.
    Hope IS a tool.
    The parallels between Wanda and Scott ARE astounding, right down to their respective father figures.

But the circumstances remain.
    Wanda was corrupted by a power Doom helped her acquire. (Intentional)
    Scott was corrupted by a power that got ricochet'ed into he and his friends by Tony Stark's interference.(Accidental )

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I agree.
    Hope IS a tool.
    The parallels between Wanda and Scott ARE astounding, right down to their respective father figures.

Scott was corrupted by a power that got ricochet'ed into he and his friends by Tony Stark's interference.(Accidental )
    There are similarities between Scott and Wanda. And ultimately the end result will be the same. Both will get a free pass. We have to remember that it took 7 years our time for Wanda to get hers. This stuff doesn't necessarily happen overnight, but it will happen. Assuming things go exactly the same way Scott should be fine by 2019. But I'll wager it won't take half that long.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There are similarities between Scott and Wanda. And ultimately the end result will be the same. Both will get a free pass. We have to remember that it took 7 years our time for Wanda to get hers. This stuff doesn't necessarily happen overnight, but it will happen. Assuming things go exactly the same way Scott should be fine by 2019. But I'll wager it won't take half that long.
    Well, apparently the Avengers never cared that much anyways, and Maria Hill just wants him as a sex toy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    If you put her on trial the Avengers and X-Men all become accessories after the fact since they basically hid her and her role from the public to protect mutants in general from backlash.
    Now I do want to see that trial happen in comics because this is just getting interesting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Here it goes Again, I will not exit this one as fast as I did the last one, will see where this one goes for the time being. =/

Yes, Facts of the story is how you put it Iron Maiden, both in the Origin 1960's and in the Avengers Origins Story, the Twins where not their cause of a belief in the Brotherhood or Villainy for that matter. They where held hostage to a debt they had to pay to Magneto cause they saved them from an angry mob. They had to repay him and need to since he was at his most Megalomaniac state in the comics at this time and he was Dangerous.

Pretty Much they where never apart of the Brotherhood, they where hostage fighters of an Very Powerful and Dangerous Megalomaniac.

I read the last panel and I see Pietro flat out admits that he hates humans and could leave, but he will stay for his sister. He had a choice. He could have left!!!!

But looking at Axis for example... the heroes as a group collectively agreed to try the spell plan because frankly they had nothing else. And it did work in the sense that it sucessfully stopped Red Onslaught. But if the Avengers and X-Men are all arrested and imprisoned for their actions hypothetically speaking at least until a trial, what happens when an incursion starts or Galactus shows up in New York. Where does the greater responsibilty lie? In following proper due process, or in essentially doing their job and keeping the world safe?

I think that's the other aspect of heroes often having the government and law look the other way when they can. Everyone knows that the world keeps spinnng because these people are out there ensuring that it does. That doesn't necessarily give them a free pass to do whatever they want... if they're intentionally killing people of their own free will, that's crossing a line I don't think government or the law will look away from. But if like in Axis they went along with a desperate plan which did likely save the earth but resulted in a good deal of collateral damange, I think government and law will go easy on them... because like it or not they are needed and a greater good is served by them not sitting in a jail cell.

There's a balancing act that needs to take place. It's not entirely fair... but it is necessary.
    How was what she did in Disassembled Necessary? How was what she did in House of M necessary? It was done out of anger and personal greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I agree.
    Hope IS a tool.

The bottom line is this, Marvel is skewing the waters too much with its heroes as of late... or ever since Disassembled. I see little to no redeeming qualities from hardly any of the heroes anymore. Even the most pristine have been blemished or corrupted. Cyclops use to be the voice of reason in the X-Books. Now he's the voice of insanity and I'm not talking about a fitness DVD.

Wanda is suppose to be a heroine!!! But yet she's the main antagonist in at least two event driven storylines. (House of M) (Disassembled) I won't even speak on Children's Crusade... I can let that one pass and see Doom as the main antagonist.

My issue is, what kind of villain headlines two events, yet never gets their comeuppance? She decimated the mutants and ravaged the Avengers. Does she not deserve a trial. And part of her woes came by doing something purely selfish. SMH...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Now I do want to see that trial happen in comics because this is just getting interesting.
    A backlash that happened anyways.

*SIGH* The one time that Cyclops was wrong and should listened to Wolverine.....................................

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Now that i think about it this is bigger than Wanda. It's about so-called heroes that no longer want to take responsibility for their actions or the circumstances that they place themselves in. After Axis i have zero faith in most so-called heroes. Marvel Superheroes once stood for concepts like " With great power comes great responsibility". Now today morality, compassion,and responsibility is shoved aside so that the event can quickly be ended and little fall-out can be explored. At this point the Marvel U has deteriorated to simply hero versus hero stories with little pay-off other than a slugfest.
    I think you have a valid point. Civil War made supervillains redundant and it's been pretty much a trend ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, apparently the Avengers never cared that much anyways, and Maria Hill just wants him as a sex toy.
    Truthfully the Avengers didn't care that much. Cap essentially explained they wanted to take Scott in before less progressive elements of the government sent Sentinels to so it. But obviously Scott wasn't a real threat and the Avengers had more important things to deal with.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think you have a valid point. Civil War made supervillains redundant and it's been pretty much a trend ever since.
    Yup and check this out top 10 Avengers Villains.

http://www.newsarama.com/15485-the-1...-all-time.html

BANNED

That sort of moves them down the rung from heroes to the gods of old who were willing to let the rain fall as long as the villagers were willing to throw a virgin into the volcano as a sacrifice. When the Avengers, the FF, the X-men were formed or when Spider-Man put on the mask I don't think that was the original intent.

Think of it this way, you are a mutant in the mu, maybe it was something as minor as being able to see weather patterns forming so you could garden better. Suddenly someone rips that away from you. You don't know who, you don't know why and you don't know if they are going to come back for more. You have to live with that fear because a group of people took it upon themselves to decide for you. They did it primarily because even though you are the victim and deserve some sort of justice or explanation giving you one would put one of their own in jeapardy and they've decided not to do that. To let you live in fear. That's far less than not fair, that's selfish and criminal and that's the philosophy that many of the marvel writers have embraced in my opinion. They have no soul in their writings, only flash events that sell well.

Fantastic Member

I think if we start listing every superhero who has deserved to go to trial for their crimes, we'd end up with every active Avenger and X-Man at least. The vast majority of them have stolen murdered endangered children caused massive property damage made terrible decisions assaulted people etc. So sure let's have Wanda go to trial, along with all the rest of them. It can be the next summer crossover: The Trial Of Everyone in the MU. Bendis can write it. We can start with the hands-on murderers and by the time we get to Wanda, I'll be dead of old age.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    The people chasing Scott are as half-assed about it as he is about his revolution, Emma is about regaining her powers, and the rest of them are about whatever it is they're supposed to be doing (hint: nothing). I think I see a pattern...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I think if we start listing every superhero who has deserved to go to trial for their crimes, we'd end up with every active Avenger and X-Man at least. The vast majority of them have stolen murdered endangered children caused massive property damage made terrible decisions assaulted people etc. So sure let's have Wanda go to trial, along with all the rest of them. It can be the next summer crossover: The Trial Of Everyone in the MU. Bendis can write it. We can start with the hands-on murderers and by the time we get to Wanda, I'll be dead of old age.
    And what does that say about the characters and the people who write them? That so many of them are guilty of so much yet never face any sort of justice. Makes me wonder why marvel bothers writing stories with supervillains at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That sort of moves them down the rung from heroes to the gods of old who were willing to let the rain fall as long as the villagers were willing to throw a virgin into the volcano as a sacrifice. When the Avengers, the FF, the X-men were formed or when Spider-Man put on the mask I don't think that was the original intent.

Think of it this way, you are a mutant in the mu, maybe it was something as minor as being able to see weather patterns forming so you could garden better. Suddenly someone rips that away from you. You don't know who, you don't know why and you don't know if they are going to come back for more. You have to live with that fear because a group of people took it upon themselves to decide for you. They did it primarily because even though you are the victim and deserve some sort of justice or explanation giving you one would put one of their own in jeapardy and they've decided not to do that. To let you live in fear. That's far less than not fair, that's selfish and criminal and that's the philosophy that many of the marvel writers have embraced in my opinion. They have no soul in their writings, only flash events that sell well.
    Intent or not, save the universe enough times and it starts getting you a few perks.

If the people that don't think it's fair get to live another day because of it, then I'd argue that works in their favor regardless of whether they see it that way or not.