Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Whatever. I know I'm not going to change anybody's outlook. If you want to be mad at some made up people, go right ahead. I'm sure it will serve
    you well in life.
    I've never and I will never understood how anyone could hold a personal grudge with a fictional character. It's an odd concept to me.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

if wanda maximoff were to go to trial, i think it should be a PANEL of judges and not one singular judge. it should also be international.

for the defense, i think matt murdock is the best to represent her. she-hulk cannot be on her counsel since she was in particular victimized by scarlet's mad attack on the avengers.

for the prosecution, i would like to suggest vange whedon. she is a mutant and one of the lucky few to retain her powers after the m-day attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    But it is the truth. Did you come to CBR at first because you were having a good time learning your way around the Marvel Universe and wanted
    to talk to other enthusiastic people, or did you look for a bunch of angry folks who seem to hate the comics and are ready to fight with other fans
    over this stuff? I think the enthusiasm is great. One of the most awesome ways to pass an afternoon is reading a bunch of comics and getting
    excited about what happens, but why allow something to fester in your heart for years and build up a huge resentment? Aren't you actually ruining
    the experience for yourself by holding onto these things?
    You know, for me, the resentment is part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    I've never and I will never understood how anyone could hold a personal grudge with a fictional character. It's an odd concept to me.
    Well, its better than holding a grudge against a real person, isnt it ?.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 02-13-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    And still it happens all the time in so many threads. We all have favorite characters which we love, I think it's only natural that we get invested in their story.

But I admit I don't understand the grudge that some people hold against fictional characters as if they'd been personally offended by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I feel sorry for any character that Bendis writes but does not have a great love for. If he loves the character they are all set, if he doesn't they might as well get the bandages ready.
    I fully agree you can see when he hates a character.

But I think it happens to many writers.

I think people are exaggerating about the hatred of fans for Wanda.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-14-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I think people are exaggerating about the hatred of fans for Wanda.
    if you consider the fact that a heated Wanda trial thread was started in the X-books forum before this…
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    if you consider the fact that a heated Wanda trial thread was started in the X-books forum before this…
    And the many threads before that.

In recent memory (read:a few months ago), there was a total of 5 threads across the forums dedicated to Wanda hate. Not exaggerated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    And the many threads before that.

In recent memory (read:a few months ago), there was a total of 5 threads across the forums dedicated to Wanda hate. Not exaggerated at all.
    Well, not in this fórum, at least.

BANNED

Wanda didn't get a lot of hate until Remender got ahold of her and made her unbearable.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Wanda didn't get a lot of hate until Remender got ahold of her and made her unbearable.
    This statement gives credence to the position that it all lies with the writer, and that give Wanda a writer who would set her on a path of full contrition and redemption then the hate would subside.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Nah. It was just added a couple of logs to a bonfire that was already blazing. A lot of readers didn't accept that in CC it was obvious that Marvel would not pursue the trial route.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, not in this fórum, at least.
    Depends.
    The X-Boards have been hating her literally for YEARS, and from time to time, it pours in this forum as well.
    The CBR reboot made it less potent than before, but it's there.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Think it's normal some fans have something against Wanda or Steve Rogers because of what happened in some previous events as usual some do not like Scott.

When you really like a character do you identify becomes attached to everything he is when something or someone who destroys or threatens to destroy everything he represents is normal that some get angry. For example Namor during AVX attacked Wakanda and free Thanos and the other villains was responsible for the destruction of the city so fans of Black Panther should not feel much affection for Namor.

But do not think most want his death or that she does not have a chance at redemption. Steve Rogers and Wanda are heroes who have saved many lives and saved the world but want them to account for their errors in judgment is far from irrational.

Even though I am Scott fan and think he is right in his crusade does not mean he should not be judged by their mistakes (although I believe it would be an unfair trial).

BANNED

This statement gives credence to the position that it all lies with the writer, and that give Wanda a writer who would set her on a path of full contrition and redemption then the hate would subside.
    I think so. In any case, I think it might have been a bad idea to, after an event where the X-men were forced to play the villains in order for the Avengers to be the heroes, to have the person who has done more damage to the X-men than almost anyone else insult the X-men the one X-man's face in front of the grave of their dead leader.

Not the way to build good will with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Nah. It was just added a couple of logs to a bonfire that was already blazing. A lot of readers didn't accept that in CC it was obvious that Marvel would not pursue the trial route.
    It didn't help that CC didn't make any sense. I certainly didn't notice a lot of Wanda-hate until Uncanny Avengers started. The worst I saw was people saying it was Wanda's fault the Phoenix showed up during AvX (which is true).

Any writer doing that would be accused of throwing the mutants under the bus and marysueing the character.
    Look at how CC was - and still is ! - downright rejected and ignored by some fans who are angry with Wanda.
    She can't say nor do anything without some people badmouthing her.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."