Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, having some sort of cosmic being judge Wanda might work better as far as a story goes. Obviously Wanda would be found innocent since again Marvel wants her free, but if someone (likely Remender) felt there was a story there worth telling or if marvel felt Wanda needed more of a free pass than she already has, they could go there I suppose.
    Yeah, put Jean Grey as the judge of that trial.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, put Jean Grey as the judge of that trial.
    That actually would sort of work, apart from Jean being made judge somewhat unlikely. Because they both have issues and similarities they can do something similar to Rogue where over the story they come to an understanding. They both do have a few parallels which could be milked for some descent character onteraction.

That actually would sort of work, apart from Jean being made judge somewhat unlikely. Because they both have issues and similarities they can do something similar to Rogue where over the story they come to an understanding. They both do have a few parallels which could be milked for some descent character onteraction.
    Like what happened with the poor Rogue ?. God help us all.

And well, i was talking about that given she is basically the only one that everyone would listen............................................ ...............

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Agree, one of my major future hopes in stories is some more Interaction between Wanda and the Original Jean Grey when she returns. As you said XPac, both ladies are very similiar, from the Silver Age Intro's, to their places on their Home Teams to how they where both central Ladies of both teams.

Out of all Future Friendships I like to see this one on my top list!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like what happened with the poor Rogue ?. God help us all.

And well, i was talking about that given she is basically the only one that everyone would listen............................................ ...............
    Never a Negative Thing with Heroes becoming friends Dragonmp93, in fact the Marvel Verse Needs much more of it IMO! What has been the greatest illness be-set on the 616 verse has been all these Civil Wars and Schisms that have done None Good. All I hear is an end to it, so when it is happening between characters and hopes for future friendships, I say Cheers to them to get back to where things should be my friend!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Dazzler and Magneto have both had trials. It's weird Marvel law, Wolverine said they wouldn't find Colossus guilty for being possessed. Wanda's case is unique in the sense that she sought out the power. She'd be better judged by Roma Omniversal Guardian.
    She sought out the power to do something completely unrelated though. She wouldn't be tried for "cavorting with Dr Doom", which is not a crime afaik. Plenty of others have done it including the X-Men. She would be tried for manslaughter or assault or whatever.

What she did does not imply intent to commit the crimes she is accused of. It's also not reasonable to say she should have predicted that the crimes she is accused of would occur as a result of her actions.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    It would blow over if people would just let it. It's not Marvel's fault when readers react like these are anything more than stories.
    Well that would make most stories completely meaningless. What would be the point of writing a story that has long lasting repercussions and changes, if it is just supposed to blow over. Hey let's make Spidey kill Aunt May and just let it blow over.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Talk about the stories, yeah, that's fine. It's when people take it a step further and start treating fiction as reality. When you see people getting scornful and angry over what one fictional character did to another. The moment that you start to take these fictionalized accounts as anything other than entertainment and fiction, is when things start to get scary. These characters don't have real feelings. They don't have real motivations. What they have is writers and editors who decide what happens. All to often you see people exclaim "well this character would have actually done this, I bet they're so mad." when the reality is, the writer decides the outcome based on editorial approval. Yes, it can be fun to talk motivation and speculate, but that's what it should end. When you lose yourself and forget that there is a clear line between fiction and reality you have to step back and reevaluate yourself.
    Someone taking responsibilities for their actions and possibly going on trial for the results of their actions has been a part of fiction for a very long time. I don't see how people asking for a trial in this instance is some sort of example of fans taking fiction to seriously, some would like answers to questions that have been made in the initial story and follow-up. By your logic no one should care at all if Red Skull conquers the planet and culls 99% of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Dazzler and Magneto have both had trials. It's weird Marvel law, Wolverine said they wouldn't find Colossus guilty for being possessed. Wanda's case is unique in the sense that she sought out the power. She'd be better judged by Roma Omniversal Guardian.
    Who else has been put on trial? Fantomex in Uncanny X-men, Jean Grey in All New X-men, Captain America in She-Hulk, Bucky in Captain America, Starfox in (something); who else?
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-15-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Who else has been put on trial? Fantomex in Uncanny X-men, Jean Grey in All New X-men, Captain America in She-Hulk, Bucky in Captain America, Starfox in (something); who else?
    Hercules, Captain America She Hulk and Starfox all had trials in She Hulk at different times. That's off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 02-15-2015 at 07:32 AM.
    "Self has no time for this."

If you try hard enough you can really justify putting every hero in the marvel universe on trial.

If the MU were run strictly to the letter of the law, Squirrel Girl would be pretty much the only marvel title not taking place out of Rikers Island.

BANNED

If you try hard enough you can really justify putting every hero in the marvel universe on trial.

If the MU were run strictly to the letter of the law, Squirrel Girl would be pretty much the only marvel title not taking place out of Rikers Island.
    But you don't have to try that hard. What you have to do or should do in my opinion is reasonably address issues that your story brings up. Marvel doesn't do that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    In your personal opinion, what would be the necessary step to achieve such a result with her ?
    Before I answer that point, we need to precisely define our terminology if we are going to come around to a trial and redemption. "Genocide" has been thrown about numerous times but are all of us in agreement as to what it exactly is?

Now, establish exactly what she did and the direct consequences, setting aside for the time being the indirect consequences. To wit, House of M had her nullifying the x-gene, as I understand it. That in itself is not necessarily or automatically fatal for all affected.

Next, her subsequent actions and her state of mind. Intent plays a role in mitigating whatever culpability is established.

Finally, contrition and reparation. Ideally the latter should attempt to address the scale of what was done, in order to put things right as much as possible. If it cannot be done, something equal in value may be imposed.

That's my take on it. Others may have their own.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Before I answer that point, we need to precisely define our terminology if we are going to come around to a trial and redemption. "Genocide" has been thrown about numerous times but are all of us in agreement as to what it exactly is?

Now, establish exactly what she did and the direct consequences, setting aside for the time being the indirect consequences. To wit, House of M had her nullifying the x-gene, as I understand it. That in itself is not necessarily or automatically fatal for all affected.

Next, her subsequent actions and her state of mind. Intent plays a role in mitigating whatever culpability is established.

Finally, contrition and reparation. Ideally the latter should attempt to address the scale of what was done, in order to put things right as much as possible. If it cannot be done, something equal in value may be imposed.

That's my take on it. Others may have their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    In your personal opinion, what would be the necessary step to achieve such a result with her ?
    Even though she was possessed, she does feel terrible for what happened during M-day and showed willingness to help mutants to the best of her ability in CC. What could be done ? And in what format ?
    By all I have read, researched and gotten from all the stories, by all that is known; Honestly it end up Fast in a Mistrial!

Why I say this cause their has never been even a proper investigation into anything, the main point is that as soon as Doom layed claim into manipulation and usage of Wanda and Possession came into the mix, then a NEW Investigation had to be Started, otherwise a trial can never calm to be fair and have to be thrown out.

This ontop of the events that already happen with Dissembles and HoM, so adding the Events of CC, the thread should have Really asked:

Before any Trial, where should the Investigation Start and by Who should it be Conducted By?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Punisher in Trial of the Punisher.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Well that would make most stories completely meaningless. What would be the point of writing a story that has long lasting repercussions and changes, if it is just supposed to blow over. Hey let's make Spidey kill Aunt May and just let it blow over.
    The point of writing a story is to provide entertainment and sell comics. That's it. The more shock value, the better. These writers are trying to earn a living, and want
    readers to keep coming back. Some of them may love their job, and they are lucky, but they are only doing a job in the entertainment field. These aren't volunteer
    organizations with a specific goal. They tell stories and get paid for it. I guarantee none of the creators hold grudges against any of the characters, because to them,
    they are only tools for their work. They count on being able to manipulate the emotions of the reader, but I think they also expect the same reader to realize that when
    it's all said and done, it's just a fantasy anyway.