Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Honestly, Wanda wasn't a major character prior to her actions. It's what she did that thrust her into the spotlight.
    She wasn't a top-tier character, but she was a major character to anyone who read the Avengers books. She was one of the characters who had been in the most Avengers issues as a member of the team, up there with Wasp, Vision and a very few others. So she was a major character in Avengers in the same sense that Jean or Nightcrawler are major characters in X-Men; they're not stars like Wolverine, but they're major components of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    In a similar way, Scarlet Witch, released a chemical/pathogen (via No More Mutants), which reduced civilian (innocent mutants) and defender/opposing force (X-Men, noteworthy mutants) numbers, lowering their capability to defend themselves against attackers (Stryker, Sentinels, gov't programs). In many ways, even if her hands aren't personally bloodied, the attackers would not have been so successful if mutants were at full strength.
    We've been through this argument many times before though. The story and the panels you posted are exactly the same, no difference, no matter who's responsible for wiping out mutants. But "blaming" a character for the fallout in books they didn't appear in, from an action that was not in character and has been retconned to be not really her fault, seems pointless. In other words what's important to the story is that the mutants were wiped out, not who did it. If who did it was important, the so-called villain would actually appear in those stories.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-10-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    She wasn't a top-tier character, but she was a major character to anyone who read the Avengers books. She was one of the characters who had been in the most Avengers issues as a member of the team, up there with Wasp, Vision and a very few others. So she was a major character in Avengers in the same sense that Jean or Nightcrawler are major characters in X-Men; they're not stars like Wolverine, but they're major components of the team.
    I mean major Marvel character. I agree that she's an important character to the Avengers but her profile wasn't that high to anyone who didn't read Avengers regularly. She's one of my favorite characters but I don't think that she's considered one of the higher profile members like Black Widow, Wasp, Hawkeye and Hank Pym were. I'm obviously excluding the trio.

Wanda and Doom reveal that she had gone to him for help in bringing her sons back, and worked together to imbue Wanda with the Life Force

BANNED

image.jpg

Wanda made "ugly" people turn "beautiful" (quoted words are not mine, mind you) as well?

Hrmph. Why didn't we get mini-series dedicated to the positive effects?

Oh, lolzdrama.

Get this: Not only is Wanda not going to go on trial, she's about to become one of the most recognized superheroine figures on the planet when she teams up with earth's mightiest heroes in a few months in a movie that is essentially guaranteed to become the highest grossing film of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    image.jpg

Wanda made "ugly" people turn "beautiful" (quoted words are not mine, mind you) as well?

Hrmph. Why didn't we get mini-series dedicated to the positive effects?

Oh, lolzdrama.
    I hope this is a joke seriously the children are dead, this is not funny

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Get this: Not only is Wanda not going to go on trial, she's about to become one of the most recognized superheroine figures on the planet when she teams up with earth's mightiest heroes in a few months in a movie that is essentially guaranteed to become the highest grossing film of all time
    so the Avengers are gods because they have a Movie ?

Spectacular Member

Like I have stated time and time again in the other several threads on this topic that have all been closed on the X-boards. Blame the writer who wrote the story and the editors and all the creators at the summits for allowing it. Not the fictional character who they had do the deed.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Yes, she should be put on trial and made to answer for all the lives she stole away.

What if she's found not guilty?

BANNED

Those situations sometimes end up being messier.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Those situations sometimes end up being messier.
    You're right about that. If Wanda is given a fair trial and found innocent, then the outrage would probably be far worse than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Also, from a preemptive modding perspective, we all know exactly what kinds of behavior can derail a thread like this, so we'd appreciate it if everyone can try to stay civil. Don't antagonize other posters or other fanbases, directly or indirectly.
    Just a reminder here everyone. Keep this in mind please.

She would be found guilty and everyone knows it. Because obviously they don't want a character they're actively using to be sitting on a jail cell. So the only reason to put her on trial would be to give her more of a pass than she already has and that by itself just doesn't seem worth the effort.

YES, Wanda should stand trial. Let's put this story to bed once and for all, and have her on trial, have a writer do a balanced, even presentation (not one sided); make it complex, make it bold. She should be on trial, it's absurd she's allowed to just wander (snicker) around free and praised by Avengers, but we're supposed to believe those same Avengers think Scott or Emma or Namor are "fair game" for jail??? WTF? As for the trial results? Sometimes getting the verdict people don't want can be a powerful thing; and produce some amazing story points. I don't know which writer I'd pick; possibly Soule (his She-Hulk vs. Daredevil in court was EPIC!).