Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I don’t understand how Children’s Crusade made things better for Wanda. Wanda sought the help of a major villain, so when it predictably blew up in her face, she still bore responsibly. Her decision was extremely stupid at best, and criminal Wanda ASKED for the power.
    She actively SOUGHT it out and made who knows what kind of deal with Doom to GET it.
    Last edited by ROSA13; 02-11-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It didn't.

It was a poor attempt to redeem Wanda and try to blame Doom for her actions. It failed as Doom is never shown doing what Wanda did and Wanda is shown throwing Doom under the bus multiple times after she got what she wanted from him.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    I don’t understand how Children’s Crusade made things better for Wanda. Wanda sought the help of a major villain, so when it predictably blew up in her face, she still bore responsibly. Her decision was extremely stupid at best, and criminal Wanda ASKED for the power.
    She actively SOUGHT it out and made who knows what kind of deal with Doom to GET it.
    CC had it's problems but essentially it played the mind control card. And mind control in comics is pretty much a universal free pass eventually. It was enough to get both Avengers and X-men to drop the matter at least legally though obviously there's still hard feelings. Which is exactly where marvel wanted her. They still wanted to milk the drama but they wanted her to be able to operate freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Wait, what? When did they agree to not lock her up? At the start of House of M wasn't Emma saying they need to kill her?
    The cover up was at the start of HOM. The decision to not have her locked up was at the end of CC.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

If during the course of the trial whatever it was that actually happened on M-Day came out in the story, and we could finally put the whole discussion to bed, then yes. Absolutely.

Because bad job Marvel for leaving huge chunks out of the story. Did Doom actually do it? And what did he do, why, how, and what're the x-men going to do about it.

Perhaps Marvel sees some financial benefit to themselves in stirring up the fans, and we'll never know.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Bendis again. For all that he sells the man is incredibly destructive when it comes to a character.
    Wouldn't it be Byrne's fault there?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrBat View Post
    Wouldn't it be Byrne's fault there?
    One explosion with a larger explosion and again and again and again. Basically writers just can't leave things alone in comics. The orginal Beyonder story had a good ending, so did the original Phoenix saga, but a few years comes along and you have a writer with enough muscle to push past an editor or an editor who thinks the same way and those original stories become cannon fodder for that writers ego. Essentially they are ruined unless you chose to completely ignore what comes afterward. Instead of coming up with their own Beyonder or Phoenix it's easier to mine and distort the past.

I believe Xpac has the best point, as long as their is drama to be milked out of this the mercenary heart of marvel will in my opinion make sure that Wanda's actions appear as muddy and convoluted as possible so that they can keep writing the easy stories of her dealing with it all. Like in Avengers when they could have Wanda and Rogue be adversaries at first and then get along, that's an easy story to write and they wrote it. In my opinion they care no more about Wanda as a character than Bendis did when he used her as prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I believe Xpac has the best point, as long as their is drama to be milked out of this the mercenary heart of marvel will in my opinion make sure that Wanda's actions appear as muddy and convoluted as possible so that they can keep writing the easy stories of her dealing with it all. Like in Avengers when they could have Wanda and Rogue be adversaries at first and then get along, that's an easy story to write and they wrote it. In my opinion they care no more about Wanda as a character than Bendis did when he used her as prop.
    That's probably the best explanation for her inconsistent characterisation, and tying in the repeated use of her powers to manipulate the fate of all mutants. It's Marvel stirring up both sides, and giving everyone ammunition.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

not enough
    Yeah, I would say you have posted enough panels from Byrne's West Coast Avengers especially when Tommy and Billy are walking around in the MU as Young Avengers. So already current day writers are retconning Byrne who retconned Englehart, etc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-11-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    If during the course of the trial whatever it was that actually happened on M-Day came out in the story, and we could finally put the whole discussion to bed, then yes. Absolutely.

Because bad job Marvel for leaving huge chunks out of the story. Did Doom actually do it? And what did he do, why, how, and what're the x-men going to do about it.

Perhaps Marvel sees some financial benefit to themselves in stirring up the fans, and we'll never know.
    Bendis and Remender I think still had stories to tell, so I think they just resolved it to the degree that Wanda could walk around freely. Obviously many mutants were still mad, so marvel wasn't ready to completely put the matter to rest yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post

The X-Men will do nothing, it's been years now that they learnt of the truth,yet they didn't give him flak after CC, despite him being back in business in Latveria.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

So you believe that Sue made a mistake to go to Doom to help defeat a mind controlled Reed and the Overmind in FF#116?
    So did Reed and Nathaniel Richards make a mistake when they felt "All Hope Lies in Doom"?
    Or how about when Johnny went to Doom because Sue's delivery was very risky and she could have died along with baby Valeria?
    I could name more but I think you get the point.
    There are a lot more nuances to Doom than just being a "major villain" How would you feel if he were he only one that solved the problem of the incursions? I think it may be insoluble but we've yet to find out the outcome of his journey with the Molecule Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So you believe that Sue made a mistake to go to Doom to help defeat a mind controlled Reed and the Overmind in FF#116?
    So did Reed and Nathaniel Richards make a mistake when they felt "All Hope Lies in Doom"?
    Or how about when Johnny went to Doom because Sue's delivery was very risky and she could have died along with baby Valeria?
    I could name more but I think you get the point.
    There are a lot more nuances to Doom than just being a "major villain" How would you feel if he were he only one that solved the problem of the incursions? I think it may be insoluble but we've yet to find out the outcome of his journey with the Molecule Man.
    susan did not make a mistake there, nor did kitty and the x-men when kitty was dying. but scarlet helped him to practice some form of necromancy and who knows what other forms of black magic or satanic rituals. so there is a major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The X-Men will do nothing, it's been years now that they learnt of the truth,yet they didn't give him flak after CC, despite him being back in business in Latveria.
    They didn't believe him when he said he was guilty in CC, so why would they do anything to him?

I'm not particularly invested in whether she did it or not, to be honest. I just want an unambiguous telling of the events; because nothing cheeses me off as a reader more than investing time and money in a story, then the writers not living up to their end of the bargain and leaving major things out. It's cheating.

Also, given the fact that editorial wants her back as a hero, then it's pretty clear a trial would find her innocent. I'd put money on Marvel doing it in such a way that there's still room for doubt though.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 02-11-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    susan did not make a mistake there, nor did kitty and the x-men when kitty was dying. but scarlet helped him to practice some form of necromancy and who knows what other forms of black magic or satanic rituals. so there is a major difference.
    He was using dark magic merged science for Valeria's delivery. He used her as his familiar in Unthinkable.