View Poll Results: Anyone else not excited about the Spidey MCU Announcement ?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NOT excited!

52 32.70%
  • I AM excited!

88 55.35%
  • Other

19 11.95%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    sony will be producing solo spider-films and from what i understand they don't have full control of what they can use.
    If Sony's making movies still then why the HELL does Marvel need to jeapordize their other movies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    the way I see it this gives them more time to develop their "worlds" in a proper more authentic way. I have no fear that the inclusion of spider-man will somehow ruin the chances of Captain Marvel and Black Panther becoming their own franchises.
    If there was any chance of a second BP or CM solo movie after IW2 then Spider-man just killed that.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm talking about a real Spider-man movie with a real team of real people who have a real understanding and real affection for the character making the movie.

Not some crappy Sony cash in.
    Couldn't agree more, I am not interested in anything in the MCU but since this news I am all of a sudden interested lol maybe cuz Spidey is my 2nd fav hero, and there is no doubt Marvel would do him justice, I just hope Sony do not interfere and are happy sitting there getting paid.

I also clicked not excited by accident lol /: I assumed excited would be the first one.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    beside nick fury when has marvel even gender/race/sexuality bended characters before
    Heimdall, Hogun, Jasper Sitwell, Mandarin (sort of).
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    If there was any chance of a second BP or CM solo movie after IW2 then Spider-man just killed that.
    Not really. The reason they're making Black Panther and Captain Marvel exists, even with Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Heimdall, Hogun, Jasper Sitwell, Mandarin (sort of).
    I always thought he was designed to resemble a Mongol because he was definitely never a lily fair Asgardian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm excited personally.

I do understand the notion that Spideys very presence will take up a slot which in theory might have been filled with another character. But I think Spidey is literaly marvels flagship character... I think he's a character that should have a spot in the cinematic universe.

I also think he works potentially well as far as helping to bridge the cinematic Avengers universe with the seemingly more street level Netflicks Defenders one.

But without overthinking it too much, I think the bottom line is that Spider-Man is a great character. In my wholely biased opinion the most developed fleshed out character in the marvel universe. I think fans deserve a chance at seeing what marvel itself can do with the character.
    This. I'm eager to see Marvel do a Black Panther film and that of many other less high-profile heroes but, come on, Spider-Man under Marvel's guidance is a good thing. Simple as that. Marvel will still do other films but since forever fans have wanted to see what Marvel would do with Spidey. As long as they have real leeway to do what they want, which I expect they will, it's going to be a dream come true.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Couldn't agree more, I am not interested in anything in the MCU but since this news I am all of a sudden interested lol maybe cuz Spidey is my 2nd fav hero, and there is no doubt Marvel would do him justice, I just hope Sony do not interfere and are happy sitting there getting paid.

I also clicked not excited by accident lol /: I assumed excited would be the first one.
    Sony is still making the Spider-man films. It appears that they still maintain creative control over the character, just that Marvel has access to Spider-man and his universe, and I'm assuming Sony can now give winks and nods to the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm talking about a real Spider-man movie with a real team of real people who have a real understanding and real affection for the character making the movie.

Not some crappy Sony cash in.
    Agreed.

Marvel aren't perfect but so far their track record has ranged from good to excellent.

I (despite some fierce opposition) would love for them to get FF and X-men back. Granted the X-men movies work better in a separate reality, I feel that franchise could be handled with more care and the movies more exciting (despite the impressive critical reception of Days of Future Past, I found the movie to be boring for long stretches, same with the first X-men and X-men 3).

The only problem with this (as folks have rightly pointed out) is that Marvel will focus more on their prime properties and neglect some of their other properties. That being said, I can't imagine abandoning franchises like GoTG or Iron Man given they are practically as big as any superhero franchise outside of Batman and Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Not really. Market performance will determine that. Too early to speculate about sequels when we have no real details on any of these movies. All we know for certain is the casting of T'Challa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

Marvel aren't perfect but so far their track record has ranged from good to excellent.

I (despite some fierce opposition) would love for them to get FF and X-men back. Granted the X-men movies work better in a separate reality, I feel that franchise could be handled with more care and the movies more exciting (despite the impressive critical reception of Days of Future Past, I found the movie to be boring for long stretches, same with the first X-men and X-men 3).

The only problem with this (as folks have rightly pointed out) is that Marvel will focus more on their prime properties and neglect some of their other properties. That being said, I can't imagine abandoning franchises like GoTG or Iron Man given they are practically as big as any superhero franchise outside of Batman and Spider-man.
    IMO, DoFP is better than any movie Marvel has made. Fox should definitely keep the rights to X-men and F4.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    IMO, DoFP is better than any movie Marvel has made. Fox should definitely keep the rights to X-men and F4.
    Well, we are all entitled to our opinions.

I feel Marvel would have made a better movie.

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends? Wait, no Mutants...Ok, Then White Tiger, Nova, Cage etc...

I just love the fact that the movies can add Spider-Man and Spider-Man movies can add MCU characters. Something I have always wanted to see on the Big Screen. Why bother sitting back complaining about stuff when we have no idea what will happen. Look to the positive of it all. Spider-Man WILL put butts in the seats. There is no denying that. It can also lead to introducing new characters to the MCU, like Carol Danvers, Black Panther and even Young Avengers as Spider-Man is more of a role model for younger heroes than the current Avengers.

Spider-Man might not be for everyone, but he is the best thing Marvel has and the possibilities are endless with what he can do for the MCU...
    Now can they get FF and X-Men back home...THAT would make me even happier.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Plus, and I keep saying this, it's not like Marvel's track record is as 100% spotless as many people seem to think. For instance, I DON'T think that they've handled the Thor franchises nearly as well as they could/should have. And I've got some serious issues with the IM sequels as well. They're good, but they're from perfect.
    If we're speaking frankly, they've handled the Thor franchise horribly, and I say that having enjoyed both characters and that's only partly due to Hiddleston's Loki. They keep drawing the focus away from Asgard to pay lip service to his romance with Jane Foster, which while cute isn't particularly compelling in and of itself. That made sense for the first film. Thor needed to be humbled. For the Dark World there was no point. It just got in the way of developing Malekith, Kurse and Frigga who was fridged to motivate Loki to action. I also thought a lot of the humor was too forced and there just to say, "We're Marvel and we don't take this stuff too seriously." The only gag that I really liked Thor hanging the hammer on the wall.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Sony is still making the Spider-man films. It appears that they still maintain creative control over the character, just that Marvel has access to Spider-man and his universe, and I'm assuming Sony can now give winks and nods to the MCU.
    looks like I clicked the right button after all! This is really disheartening, goddamn. I don't see how this will benefit Marvel though? I mean they are doing just fine, sure it'd be cool to see Spidey here and there in the MCU but Marvel ended up moving several films back tbh it seems more trouble than it's worth, especially with Sony still all over it.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.