Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

DC just needs to do an Ostrander Martian Manhunter Omni. Double dipping is just not something most can afford to do on most characters. Ergo, using softcover TPBs to strictly gauge interest isn't a comprehensive way to fully know what the audience wants. With his visibility as regular and high as ever due to Supergirl now is the time to put this one/done Omni out.

I watch Supergirl as much if not more for Manhunter.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Are there any decent trades to pick up featuring J'onn? Preferably from any of his solos/minis?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Are there any decent trades to pick up featuring J'onn? Preferably from any of his solos/minis?
    His DCYou run by Rob Williams is collected in two volumes.

There's also the JLA "Trial by Fire" trade that is very J'onn-centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His DCYou run by Rob Williams is collected in two volumes.

There's also the JLA "Trial by Fire" trade that is very J'onn-centric.
    You could also try "American Secrets". Recommended by the comic book assessor Frank Plowright, who describes this mini-series as "a dark and atmospheric story".
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-25-2018 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Mighty Member

Two trades collecting the first 17 issues of Ostrander's Martian Manhunter series exist. They unfortunately did not collect the entire series, but the two trades they did collect are very good. They are called Son of Mars and Rings of Saturn respectively.

I would also like to agree with the recommendation for Rob William's DCYou series. It was wonderful and hilarious and emotional and super weird. Totally worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You could also try "American Secrets". Recommended by the comic book assessor Frank Plowright, who describes this mini-series as "a dark and atmospheric story".
    I've been wanting to read this one for a while. Is it available in trade because I haven't seen it?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Two trades collecting the first 17 issues of Ostrander's Martian Manhunter series exist. They unfortunately did not collect the entire series, but the two trades they did collect are very good. They are called Son of Mars and Rings of Saturn respectively.

I would also like to agree with the recommendation for Rob William's DCYou series. It was wonderful and hilarious and emotional and super weird. Totally worth checking out.

I've been wanting to read this one for a while. Is it available in trade because I haven't seen it?
    I ordered the entire 3-issue miniseries online.

As for the trade, I haven't seen it either. Looks like you'll have to ask the moderators for help on this one.

What's going on with J'onn? Is that some sort of an imposter in the new Superman title or does Bendis just not get the character? Though if he is an imposter, that would also explain having M'gann spy on the Titans. I'd say perhaps this isn't J'onn and secretly Ma'alefa'ak, but in Justice League, there doesn't seem to be any problem and it's written by Snyder, who brought him back into the fray.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Heres a question for those more knowledgeable on J'onn.

Have they ever ran with a 'Total Recall' style storyline for J'onn ? Like he wakes up as John Jones Gotham detective and is utterly sure his martian background is real whilst everyone else treats him as a recovering mental patient etc ? It feels like it'd make for a neat mini-series.

Incredible Member

http://breadthofpopsanity.blogspot.c...revisited.html

Compiled our thoughts on that other thread and thought it might be fun to show off

So has J'onn had battles against any of the Greek, Roman, or Egyptian gods?

Joshua Middleton's MARTIAN MANHUNTER #1 variant.
    MM serving them alien looks.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Joshua Middleton's MARTIAN MANHUNTER #1 variant.
    That's pretty cool design. Don't even miss the cape.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    That's pretty cool design. Don't even miss the cape.
    Same. I really dig this design, i like that it's kinda quirky and the costume's thin almost like it's his skin - it makes him feel more otherworldly. I think the sleeves are gonna alternate between sleeves and the cape though. I'm cool with that.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    The short shorts are a no go. That is not a good look everything else is fine

Kon93

This is a look I can see a young flashy Martian wearing,not the older mature jonn we know and love.the YJ shows suit was good