Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    I know that I am going to catch a lot of hate for this, but the New 52 Martian Manhunter is the best interpretation of the character imo. I always saw J'onn as a leader, rather than being in the background. He's a very powerful character and DC isn't holding back by limiting his abilities and whatnot.
    I'm not gonna give you any hate, but I don't find the new version spiritual enough. The intresting thing, IMHO, about J'onn has always been his capacity to be more human than humamity itself. Ostrander really pushed the boundries of his spiritualization, and I enjoyed that a lot. Puls, he has always been a leader and a real bad ass whenever necessary. One thing I'm not sure about is how his waekness to fire presently works. I've always enjoyed when they tried to make it a psycological weakness rather than a physical one. In my mind, it, at the same time, made him tougher and humanized the character (plus, it was also something that he could belivably pushe through and resit, when it served the story for him to do so). One thing I do like about the new version is how he fights always using his shapechangiung ability. Having his own fighting style (and a very logical one at that) makes him stand out even more from Superman and other bricks like him.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 10-24-2014 at 04:44 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'm not gonna give you any hate, but I don't find the new version spiritual enough. The intresting thing, IMHO, about J'onn has always been his capacity to be more human than humamity itself. Ostrander really pushed the boundries of his spiritualization, and I enjoyed that a lot. Puls, he has always been a leader and a real bad ass whenever necessary. One thing I'm not sure about is how his waekness to fire presently works. I've always enjoyed when they tried to make it a psycological weakness rather than a physical one. In my mind, it, at the same time, made him tougher and humanized the character (plus, it was also something that he could belivably pushe through and resit, when it served the story for him to do so. One thing I don like about the new version is how he fights always using his shapechangiung ability. Having his own fighting style (and a very logical one at that) makes him stand out even more from Superman and other bricks like him.

Peace
    I agree, J'onn needs that spiritual side. It's what makes him such an interesting character. Also, it sucks that they decided he wasn't a JL member anymore. What the hell DC?! He always was the heart and soul of the team, Cyborg just isn't the same
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

you would not want to mess with this j'onn

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Cooke's take is the best version of the character of all time. Yes, better than even the Timm version.
    I have to agree. Cooke wrote for J'onn the greatest story he has ever had.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

you would not want to mess with this j'onn
    Okay. That is just wicked cool.

Where did you find this image may I ask?
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

over at geektyrant.

from cghub artist ballo.

the guy is really really good.

BANNED

IMO Ivan Reis is Unquestionably the Greatest Martian Manhunter Artist, At the Very Least the Most BADASS He has ever Looked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    over at geektyrant.

from cghub artist ballo.

the guy is really really good.
    Indeed Absolutely Incredible.
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 01-18-2015 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

Giuseppe Camuncoli did a MM vs Super skrull Commission.

BANNED

read MARTIAN MANHUNTER: SON OF MARS for the first time today
    - really great overall.
    - art... is inconsistent and sketchy as hell, but there are some very awesome pages/panels here and there.
    - shot of the headman drone atop the body of the hobo holding the hobo's actual head is some sinister imagery, exactly the tone i like in MM stories.
    - like the faint bond MM & Aquaman seem to have with him being the one least ready to believe in his guilt.
    - was completely unaware that cameron chase, the DEO & Director Bones went back this far, i only know them from the New 52 Batwoman series, they where awesome there and just as awesome here, would love to see a martian manhunter film with the primary side character be chase trying to identify the martian manhunter's human identities. being all Noir and Mystery. note to self buy the J.H williams Chase mini series when possible
    - Mythos & Culture of mars & MM's background are expanded on nicely
    - Malefic is a great villain, altho i liked his outift in the justice league doom animated movie alot more than his look here.
    - shall order volume 2 rings of saturn very soon.

Presenting the continuation of the martian manhunter appreciation head featuring mister biscuits.

Just read the Rob Williams MMH series and was bittersweet.