Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Surprised no one ever said anything about the TV Supergirl version of J'onn J'onzz in this thread. Especially the episode where Alex Danvers brings him
    a box of Chocos because she knew Chocos are his favorite cookie.

MM_FARADAY.jpg

I've always been a huge fan of J'onn's role in New Frontier in particular, but he's one of my favorite super-heroes in general and my fiancee's favorite entirely! I love this dude. He's intellectual, mystical, friendly, approachable, uncanny and most of all, fun, all at the same time!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Huh... Never knew there was an appreciation thread for J'onn
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    This is a masterful cosplay.

Also, first time posting in this thread (Which I didn't know existed) so I may as well give my thoughts on J'onn.

J'onn is ruddy amazing. He's my second favorite Justice League founder (Only behind Arthur), the leader of my favorite incarnation of the League (JLI) and he's firmly in my top 50 favorite DC heroes (Which may not sound like much to some, but I love hundreds of characters)

Also, he's got what is quite possibly the most badass end of issue line of all time:

no more deaths.jpg

perhaps yours.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    i know he's a shapeshifter, i'm just not used seeing j'onn so skinny in "costume".

Scott Snyder's Justice League will have many doors its Hall of Justice, only accessible through a connection by Martian Manhunter - making it what the writer calls an "open and inclusive and mysterious" central hub of the DCU come "New Justice."

It’s this omniscient narration: 'The public knows there are many doors in the Hall of Justice they cannot see. You must be connected by the chairman, the Martian Manhunter, in order to see them. Do you see that one behind the upside-down Coluuan fountain right now? If you see it, welcome and enter,'" Snyder told Newsarama.

The Hall of Justice is a well-known fictional headquarters for the Justice League because of its inclusion in various animated series and comic books since its debut in the Super Friends cartoon during the 1970s. This new version for Snyder's Justice League, however, will have portals utilized by various characters and teams, including the Teen Titans.

The motivation for setting up the Hall of Justice with many doors, Snyder said, is to give other creators the ability to utilize the iconic location in their stories and make the DCU feel more "expansive."

You can see one MM image too:

Screen Shot 001.jpg
    https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...574912/photo/1

Source of this information:
    https://www.newsarama.com/39213-how-...dcu-teams.html
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-26-2018 at 11:59 AM.

So Manhunter is promoted from limbo to leader of the Justice League?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So we're back to Chairman's ?

Astonishing Member

Gotta love J'Onn. He really is the heart of the League when he's written correctly.

That being said I still loathe the way he was used way back in JL Taskforce. Seemed like an outright antagonist to Triumph back then, bordering on a villain for Triumph. Even the readers complained writing to DC. So of course instead of changing anything about how he was acting they just had J'Onn tell Cindy "Well, I'm just kidding of course." or something to that extent. It was quite bizarre.

Glad to see him back for the upcoming JL run though. Wonder how/if they'll touch on his past connection to the League since that was tossed out in the New 52.

It is god to see J'onn upp and front in the JL title again.

But I got a question. It seems like J'onn have his own icon now. An evolution of his own original symbol, the wheel, into a more eight point star. Or was always a sta and I didn't knew it?

MM_NewIcon.jpg
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

aneczka92

I have a question. Is DC planning to release aggregate issue of issues from "Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #18 " to "Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #36"? Amount of issues is sufficient to make it, so why didn't they still make that?

Huh, so when Batman used cookies to escape from J'onn in Scooby Doo and Batman the Brave and the Bold it was actually pretty comics accurate. Learn something new all the time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aneczka92 View Post
    I have a question. Is DC planning to release aggregate issue of issues from "Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #18 " to "Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #36"? Amount of issues is sufficient to make it, so why didn't they still make that?
    Most likely, not enough people bought the first two volumes. Unfortunately. It's an amazing series.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Most likely, not enough people bought the first two volumes. Unfortunately. It's an amazing series.
    True. I was really looking foward to see it completed. Ostrander's The Spectre too (it also had only two volumes).

Peace