Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm going to be as fair as I possibly might here. He had the Kree helping out with the dyson sphere thing, and Doom helping out with the time travel thing, as I recall it. The Phoenix force stuff is also.. mnehhh. I suppose. It's not as though he actually did it injury or anything.
    All fair points - though there is some context to add...

1. The Kree did provide help to Tony to build the sphere. But the Kree have been an interstellar society for a billion years, and they quite specifically don't get any smarter or any more evolved - it has been a major plot-point more than once. They have built nothing else particularly close to a Dyson Sphere, until they were helping Tony Stark build one.

2. For the time travel - Doom and Stark worked together one time to make that work (quite notably as equals in the task - but call that whatever it needs to be), but ISTR Stark doing it on his own another time.

3. I'm OK with "meh" on the P-force feat, but it still was what it was. No, it didn't hurt the force, but it did rip it up and split the energy of something as powerful as the P-force, all against its will. It's not terrible, as far as feats go.

Stark invented a time-machine on his own in issue #59, year 2002.

And yes, ripping the phoenix apart is a huge deal, even if it can survive being ripped apart.

1. The Kree did provide help to Tony to build the sphere. But the Kree have been an interstellar society for a billion years, and they quite specifically don't get any smarter or any more evolved - it has been a major plot-point more than once. They have built nothing else particularly close to a Dyson Sphere, until they were helping Tony Stark build one.
    I'd put something like the psyche magnetron and such junk as a better accomplishment of Kree science. Create anything ever made by Kree science by all of thinking hard, give yourself or others superpowers, and the thing having an even more ludicrously potent overload mode from its power, so forth. The Omni-wave projector that could send instantaneous communication across the galaxy to a recipient, or apparently death and transmutation rays if modified hard enough, all that kind of thing.

3. I'm OK with "meh" on the P-force feat, but it still was what it was. No, it didn't hurt the force, but it did rip it up and split the energy of something as powerful as the P-force, all against its will. It's not terrible, as far as feats go.
    Messing with it like that in the first place is what I'm meh on. For what the force is supposed to represent, it stretches credulity. I'd frankly be leery on Reed or Doom doing something like that, in the way that was done.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-16-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Well, if one of the Secret Wars-Teasers is valid, Tony has built himself a Galactus-Killer-Armor.
    Go figure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, if one of the Secret Wars-Teasers is valid, Tony has built himself a Galactus-Killer-Armor.
    Go figure.
    what?.........

Go figure.
    As long as he doesn't call it the Galactus Buster, he should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'd put something like the psyche magnetron and such junk as a better accomplishment of Kree science. Create anything ever made by Kree science by all of thinking hard, give yourself or others superpowers, and the thing having an even more ludicrously potent overload mode from its power, so forth. The Omni-wave projector that could send instantaneous communication across the galaxy to a recipient, or apparently death and transmutation rays if modified hard enough, all that kind of thing.
    And they DID make the Inhumans, which isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    As long as he doesn't call it the Galactus Buster, he should be fine.
    It is actually called like that, made a typo above.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

oh god. tony is screwed.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Points for stubbornness...he just can't help himself, any more.

So it'll last two or three hits then fail catastrophically.

Neat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan