Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Wow this thread just got weirder

Was it any different from the ways Doom lost to the FF by overconfidence or by overlooking some tiny detail?
    Losing to Johnny Storm's college roommate messing around? Considering that one of the only things that once saved Reed from being outright killed by Doom, was the TVA showing up to arrest/murderdeathkill everyone, your insistence that this is clearly some parity showing is pretty off, yes.

At that time he had already built the techno jungle and a lot of incredible high tech equipment and facilities but miraculously when Doom invaded Wakanda years later Roy Thomas or I don't know who decide that Wakanda was just a bunch of tiny huts put together and that Wakandas were a bunch of savages. Tchalla himself didn't have any tech to fight off Doom. Mabery ignored everything that was added by Christopher Priest and later by Hudlin. His mind was set on making Doom look good at T'Challas and Wakanda's expenses. So T'Challa isn't as smart as Doom? This is the guy who outsmarted Mephisto and even defeated the fellow avatar of the Panther God on his own.
    Doom's conquered the entire planet, the one T'challa lives on, then gave it back out of boredom. Doom invented the time machine that overrides the Marvel universe laws of time travel that even Reed rips off to be able to do the same, Doom built a machine that enslaved himself a supervillain army across space and time. The entire underlying point of Triumph and Torment at the end was that ultimately, though physically outmatched, Doom outmaneuvered Mephisto in his own realm with regards ensuring his mother's soul moving on to heaven.

but miraculously when Doom invaded Wakanda years later Roy Thomas or I don't know who decide that Wakanda was just a bunch of tiny huts put together and that Wakandas were a bunch of savages.
    Frankly we barely see any of it in those comics, and one of the panels is of a city noted as having cars and buildings just fine.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-11-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    Wow this thread just got weirder
    I'm here. Madness tends to follow.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Why would he invent a time machine? He has no interest or intention in changing the past. Never said he was as smart as Doom. He doesn't have to be to beat him. He is a genius and used to have a country full of geniuses and almost limitless resources.
    A genius with a country full of geniuses and limitless resources couldn't handle the interference of Johnny Storm's college roommate? Ouch.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Why would he invent a time machine? He has no interest or intention in changing the past. Never said he was as smart as Doom. He doesn't have to be to beat him. He is a genius and used to have a country full of geniuses and almost limitless resources.
    geniuses are as common in marvel as flying brick are in DC. doesn't really say much.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    A genius with a country full of geniuses and limitless resources couldn't handle the interference of Johnny Storm's college roommate? Ouch.
    that's only because the writer made his roommate that way and didn't understand who BP is.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This thread man.

Just to address something.

You don't see Captain America getting his ass kicked by The Red Skull.
    The entire Bucky becoming Captain America thing was the result of the Red Skull having successfully taken Original Recipe Captain America out via plotting, his schemes actually paid off in that respect, the "I done had Steve Rogers zapped into time stasis" respect. Had he not later been brought out of it, months and months later, that would have been that.

So.. we totally saw that. Oh, not a physical ass kicking, but when you arrange your enemy's functional assassination/time warping such that had your goons not later brought him back he'd be off the board forever, The Skull won vs his archenemy for a goodly while. Cap lost. It had long term impact. They had to get a completely new Captain America. Steve managed to beat the Skull later, but even his getting the chance to was the result of factors beyond his control really. And again, for months until then, lost.

Now, you can argue whether that was good writing or not, but it certainly happened, and we certainly saw it happen.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-11-2015 at 03:48 PM.

BANNED

Was it any different from the ways Doom lost to the FF by overconfidence or by overlooking some tiny detail? The matter of the fact is that he defeated them but later they were released by Wyatt Wingfoot but he had already taken them out.

At that time he had already built the techno jungle and a lot of incredible high tech equipment and facilities but miraculously when Doom invaded Wakanda years later Roy Thomas or I don't know who decide that Wakanda was just a bunch of tiny huts put together and that Wakandas were a bunch of savages. Tchalla himself didn't have any tech to fight off Doom. Mabery ignored everything that was added by Christopher Priest and later by Hudlin. His mind was set on making Doom look good at T'Challas and Wakanda's expenses. So T'Challa isn't as smart as Doom? This is the guy who outsmarted Mephisto and even defeated the fellow avatar of the Panther God on his own.
    right...like Doom has never outsmarted a god?

he only stole the powers of galactus, pre-retcon beyonder... was the catalyst of house of m, conquered the planet, oh and also outsmarted mephisto as well

doom also has build a machine to go to the afterlife

and what else

everything t'challa has done, doom has done x10

BANNED

the fact that francisco thinks t'challa is on doom's level is just....lol lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    the fact that francisco thinks t'challa is on doom's level is just....lol lmfao
    the thread has gone notable places, to be sure, but I'd dial back the insults, they're not worth it.

BANNED

the thread has gone notable places, to be sure, but I'd dial back the insults, they're not worth it.
    its not like were saying t'challa is dumb..its just every feat that he has done reed and doom have done it and much more quanity and quality.

Also, while I'm there.

You don't see Captain America getting his ass kicked by The Red Skull.
    Bucky Cap got outright beaten to the point of mortal injury by Sin in Fear Itself, so, more or less really, not even including the previous "the Red Skull totally had Steve Rogers taken out for months and months".

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    its not like were saying t'challa is dumb..its just every feat that he has done reed and doom have done it and much more quanity and quality.
    I was more referring to comments you seem to have edited out anyway. T'challa's not dumb, no, he's exceeded in this case significantly all the same, yes.

BANNED

I was more referring to comments you seem to have edited out anyway. T'challa's not dumb, no, he's exceeded in this case significantly all the same, yes.
    exactly..almost every feat t'challa has done, doom has done something similar and just has quanity and quality over panther

lets look at it this way...there is only 1 human that Thanos constantly monitors....it's not T'challa, its not even Reed