Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    After hearing that the X-men continue to hate Spider-man, it feels like Marvel wants Spider-man fans to hate the X-men and I think it's working.

It's totally out of the X-men's character to hate Spider-man. I hope the book is not canon.
    They don't hate them, despite Spider-Man implying they did.

The X-Men were in the right to be suspicious as Spider-Man had recently been Spock who had in the past tricked them and convinced them not to do a mind probe to see if he's who he says he is

Instead of agreeing to a short, quick, and painless mind probe (which Rachel only wanted to confirm he was telling the truth, not anything else) to ensure student safety Spider-Man guilt tripped them about Wolverine. That makes Spider-Man look like a jerk and very suspicious, yet the X-Men are portrayed as being in the wrong because it's Spider-Man. It is, quite frankly, poor writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Instead of agreeing to a short, quick, and painless mind probe (which Rachel only wanted to confirm he was telling the truth, not anything else) to ensure student safety Spider-Man guilt tripped them about Wolverine. That makes Spider-Man look like a jerk and very suspicious, yet the X-Men are portrayed as being in the wrong because it's Spider-Man. It is, quite frankly, poor writing.
    There was a Superior Team-up where Doc Ock Spidey threatened legal action against Rachel if she poked into his head without permission, (thus not revealing the mind swap and ending Superior's run 10 issues in) and then a month later Bendis put out an "Uncanny' issue where it was revealed that Rachel pokes around peoples minds without permission ALL THE TIME simply from boredom. Marvel needs to be more consistent with Rachel's characterization.

However, it is completely in character for Spidey to be protective of his secret ID considering how his life went straight to hell following his unmasking in Civil War. Doesn't make him a jerk, it makes him cautious. Being open about their identities certainly hasn't done the X-men any favors over the years.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, I can't blame her as she is a TP user whose still young and can get bored.

I can see her not forcing a mind probe on Peter because she respects Spider-Man as a fellow Hero.

Though now she's angry at Spider-Man, for going MIA with 7 Students, and his mind is weakened from Mojoverse so she is reading his mind without trying because he's an open book atm. Thus she knows that Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

Where that leads is anyone's guess but if they wanted a Rschel/Peter romance this may be the best way to go about it.

Furthermore, Rachel only wanted to mind probe him to see if he was legit - not to get his identity. Besides, Peter already revealed himself to multiple people already like some Avengers. It's well in the staffs rights to want to protect the Students especially after the Spock thing.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-26-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Only read the first issue and strongly disliked it, sadly
    Same here. Didn't like the art and I found the dialogue juvenile and basic (for lack of a better word)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Love it. Kalan really gets Spider-Man's voice, I dig the X-kids despite not knowing anything about any of them (does Ernst have any powers? Is progeria a super power?), and Failla's art really conveys the lighthearted tone of the book.
    Ernst , if I remember correctly, has super-strength. She's also secretly Cassandra Nova, a plot point that has become dormant but is sure to be brought back into focus eventually.

As for the comic, I bought the first two issues due to my love of Stegron, and I think everyone who has posted is right to some degree, regardless of their position on it. It's fun and lighthearted but the writing feels a little weak at times. I like the basic setup of the comic, but it didn't strongly compel me to read on after Stegron's appearances.

It is what it is. If I had more cash for comics, I'd probably keep buying. But I don't so I'm not.

-Pav, who thinks Glob Herman is wonderful...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I would say that this book is entertaining, but entirely forgettable. It's not going to do anything that'll fundamentally change Spider-Man or the X-books. But it is fun seeing Spider-Man interact with the X-men and seeing why he doesn't do it more often. Aside from Wolverine, Spider-Man never really got along with them that well. Storm and the rest of the Jean Grey Institute staff make that abundantly clear. That helps add some interesting dynamics to the mix. But beyond that, it's just a fun little bonus that Spider-Man and X-men fans can check out if they want a break from the main stories. And I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.