Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

ART BY Deilson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    By Cheol Joo Lee. This is how Wonder Woman art should have evolved by now or, at least by 6 or 7 years ago.

Attachment 31110
    That's really pretty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    That's really pretty
    Thank you. I think that's where current Wonder Woman art should be at the moment, based on how Marston envisioned the costume, as opposed to what we have, especially against something like the battle skirt.

BANNED

Thank you. I think that's where current Wonder Woman art should be at the moment, based on how Marston envisioned the costume, as opposed to what we have, especially against something like the battle skirt.
    no, thanks. wonder thong need to stay death

I don't think this is a good example of what to aspire to for my nieces. This is what a boy's sex fantasy WW looks like. And it will marginalize the character by appealing only to them. That is not at all what Marston wanted. I don't think her thong should ever make another official appearance in comics. Can you imagine any male character ever wearing something as revealing?

BANNED

pin_82753711879543855.jpg

Sorry. I couldn't find the name of the artist.

Well, Wonder Woman isn't and shouldn't be meant for children; the largest audience for this medium is boys and men, so, the Wonder Woman comics should appeal to boys and men; it's this catering to feminists that needs to die; otherwise, Wonder Woman sales will stay low and stagnate; maybe you and your nieces would be better off taking a look at the current Ms. Marvel, if you refuse to adapt.
    My 12-year old niece has the first 2 volumes of Ms. Marvel. My 14-year old niece has the 6 hard cover Wonder Woman volumes by Azzarello. There shouldn't be just one superhero option for girls.

I don't think this is at all what Marston would have evolved into. It's too blatant and robs her of strength outside of simple sexuality. Diana was meant to be a paradox ... Part male sexual fantasy and part female empowerment but never a sex object. I believe Marston would have her in something more modern, but not something tacky

Let me be clear so we don't go down this road again.

Nobody and I mean nobody should EVER try to invalidate another person's opinion by telling them that if they don't like YOUR version of the character they should stop reading and go read something else.

You want to recommend another book? Go somewhere else. You want to tell someone that they shouldn't read Wonder Woman? Expect to take a vacation from the boards.

Few things make me angrier than one fan telling another fan to go away.

And for the record? That piece of cheesecake art is one other *fan's* perspective and does not in any way represent the Wonder Woman comic, so there's even less of a reason for anyone to tell another board member to go away.

Any and all people with all opinions and views are welcome here so long as they are respectful of your fellow fans and posters. If you like the wonder thong or prefer a more family friendly Diana, both styles have been represented in a variety of titles written by many writers and drawn by a lot of artists over the years. Just because *you* want a T&A Diana does not mean yours is the only valid opinion and that everyone else should just go read something else.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

art by Marcio Abreu
    Selfie

This guy has some nice work. First I've heard of him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Default My rendition of Gal's look

A pic I drew of Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman look. Did this in January and there are quite a few changes I'd make so now I'm at work on a large re-creation of the BvS WW movie poster and I'm trying to make everything EXACTLY right! I just inked it and working on details before starting the colors and I'll be sharing that once it's done.

wonder_woman_from_batman_v_superman_by_rayray1127-d9uqr0y.jpg

Haven't read it yet, but Yanick Paquette's beautiful art inspired me...

earth_one_wonder_woman_by_rayray1127.jpg

Mighty Member

i like the battle skirt but i also like the bathing suit and the marston athletic shorts with the boustier. i think they all work for her character. tbh i wish more male heroes wore stuff like she did