Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

^^^ Straight up ownage. Love that pic. Some days I wish she still wore shorts. It looked like what some of the Olympic athletes wear.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Looking at some sweet WW costume re-designs.

The first two pics are done by this talented artist named Kris Anka, while the third pic is by another talented artist named Thomas Branch.

Love all 3 of these!

Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-08-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Artwork I did for a novel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TrekkieGal; 09-08-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Difficulties attaching files

Here is the Earth One model sheet based on the statue

image.jpg

Here's a couple WW redesigns by a talented artist called Harseik:

Very dynamic takes on Diana, I must say!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Here's a couple WW redesigns by a talented artist called Harseik:

Very dynamic takes on Diana, I must say!

Agreed. Hey Da Bronze I hope u don't mons but it terms of the colors and stars of her costume how do u think that should be explain? I mean we could explain has the connection to the goddess . The Eagle is Athena . Yes the owl her her symbol by lot of war but has the goddess of wisdom. Her eagle when with Athen air means guardian , protection as well has encourage and community all the times Diana stands for

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Agreed. Hey Da Bronze I hope u don't mons but it terms of the colors and stars of her costume how do u think that should be explain? I mean we could explain has the connection to the goddess . The Eagle is Athena . Yes the owl her her symbol by lot of war but has the goddess of wisdom. Her eagle when with Athen air means guardian , protection as well has encourage and community all the times Diana stands for
    Personally, I feel that WW would be better served with a more unique color scheme. Her classic color scheme (red-blue-white-gold) is too close to Superman's. She originally got the red-white-blue stars and stripes motif due to her character being created by an American man during World War II in real life. The explanations given for modern WW wearing USA colors make little to no sense, esp when the Amazons are so frequently at odds with the USA, even going to war with them at one point (AMAZON ATTACKS).

Personally, I would lose the red-white-blue-gold scheme, and replace with some alternate combination of gold-silver-bronze-white. I'll look for some interesting redesigned WW examples.

Good points that's why Grant and Yanick have given her a dove and given her six pointed star . She is more in line with Aphrodite of the reason for her costume . Since she is their main goddess doing the golden age so they connected her costume to her goddess . Which is what they should do.

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-10-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Here's some gold/white color scheme WW redesigns

by Meghan Murphy

by DC Direct (this figure is technically supposed to be Donna Troy, but Diana could easily rock this outfit)

by Keuttner

Man, I'm definitely liking these color schemes better than the classic/current ones for WW!
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-11-2014 at 08:45 AM.

However much like Superman's S you can't change the color schemes. You can rearrange them and make hem lighter but completely changing Diana's color isn't really bad especially the first one. She can have and should have more than one costume.

However much like Superman's S you can't change the color schemes. You can rearrange them and make hem lighter but completely changing Diana's color isn't really bad especially the first one. She can have and should have more than one costume.
    Disagree.

Superman and Batman's uniforms are in a league by themselves in terms of durability. Wonder Woman's costume isn't nearly as iconic as those two. And those two (Supes and Bats) HAVE changed their costumes, Bats especially. In the comics, his color scheme is grey and blue. In the movies it is all black. And that works. Wonder Woman's colors most certainly can be changed, provided enough thought and creativity goes into it.

Plus, this is comics: where absolutely EVERYTHING is always up for grabs and absolutely NOTHING is always permanent.

I see your point.

Good points that's why Grant and Yanick have given her a dove and given her six pointed star . She is more in line with Aphrodite of the reason for her costume . Since she is their main goddess doing the golden age so they connected her costume to her goddess . Which is what they should do.

I dont think anyone cares about Aphrodite's favourite bird. 99,9999999% of people dont know which it is, or care about it. Occam's razor says that Morrison chose the dove because it symbolizes peace, as opposed to the eagle which has been used by most expansionistic and imperialistic powers in the world. Rome, Byzantium, the Russian Empire, Prussia, the German Empire, the USA, etc.

PS: What's with the shoe laces? A bit overkill if you ask me.