Default Image Comics Adaptations

With the news of Descender being optioned for a movie by Sony, and now the news of a potential adaptation of The Activity, I thought it'd be good to have a thread dedicated to all those Image comic books that have broke through into other forms of entertainment. Be it movies, tv, or video games.

While we're at it, what other books from Image would you like to see on screen and which ones have the best chance that we should be on a lookout for?
    Last edited by cc008; 02-10-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Death Vigil. Alex + Ada would be cool too.

Fun thread idea! There's a few I would like to see that cooooould work, Multiple Warheads in animated format would be amazing. Maybe get the Adventure Time crew to do it. Although a lot of the charm comes from its comic origin, you would lose many of the side-gags in animation probably...

Also, I'm really high on ODY-C right now and just saw Jupiter Ascending which has convinced me it can work visually, if given an enormous budget. Not feasible to happen anytime soon, but I could see the Wachowskis pull it off somehow. Doona Bae NEEDS a major role then.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Lazarus....the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Lazarus....the movie.
    I think it'd work better as a tv show because it can be slow and soap opera-like at times. Rucka and Lark have taken so much time to build the world, I think a tv series would be able to show that world better than a 2 hour movie might.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

What's cool about a lot of my current favourites is that they're really written to be enjoyed as comics. I can't imagine stuff like Sex Criminals, Saga or Shutter in anything other than comic book form. On the other hand, comics like Lazarus or Velvet may well work as movies (or, more likely, TV series) but there's still something about how well they work in their current form that I don't have a huge need to see them adapted.

Weirdly, despite far preferring creator owned comics to their superhero counterparts right now, I have much more interest in DC and Marvel superhero movies, by and large, than in movies based on Image books.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think it'd work better as a tv show because it can be slow and soap opera-like at times. Rucka and Lark have taken so much time to build the world, I think a tv series would be able to show that world better than a 2 hour movie might.
    Good points. I guess I was thinking of production value and how Forever would look doing her thing on the big screen.

Fantastic Member

Well Five Ghosts got picked up for TV and Sheltered is going to be a movie too so thats pretty cool. Syfy channel also picked up Pax Romana and Clone to be adapted to TV too.

The Activity to me, despite being picked up by someone very much suited for the job for film, seems better for TV. It has a very one and done nature to it, but I feel like the characters can grow more and the situations provided more depth in an episodic format like in Strike Back or 24 where half a season can be dedicated to a particular situation and then the other half to another.

I'm really hoping AMC is able to bring Thief of Thieves to television. There hadn't been any news since it was first announced a couple years ago, which had me a little worried, but then Kirkman confirmed at San Diego ComicCon last year that it was still in development. One of my favorite current comics, and I'd love to see a TV adaptation.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Hack/Slash is still "in development", but I would love to watch it as a television series rather than feature film. With the amount of blood, violence, and sexual innuendo, it would have to be on a cable channel or streaming service. I wouldn't mind FX adding another comic book serial to their lineup.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children