Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Justice

Default Dawn of Justice

Which villain are you hoping to see on the big screen besides Luthor?? and also what do you hope to see from Ben Afflecks batman?

Brainiac.
    I hope he'd be a good batman that's all
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Incredible Member

I think Superman should be dealing with guilt over having killed Zod and be faced with another life or death confrontation in which he manages to win without killing, and I think a perfect villain to provide that would be Metallo.

I hope to see a lot of interesting Superman and Batman interaction.

A lot of what this new Batmans' like, how Superman and he deal with each other.

See Batman in Metropolis, Superman in a new, cinematic Gotham.

As in the Loeb Batman stuff.

Also, be interesting mto see do we see any of Themyiscira, and much interaction between Wonder Woman and Batman, WW and Superman, or even Lex, Lois.

Wonder will Lex be bald here, or start off with hair, as in Smallville, then lose the hair? Like in Superman: The Movie, hair mostly, then at end, reveal no hair, but maybe have it gradually thin out.

With stress, with the battles, the weathers, all that. And, by the end, Lex just shaves it off, in anger, and disgust, promising to be a new man, a better man, and MUCH more than this Superman.

You could make Brainiac look cool.

For some reason I imagined Brainiac looking like the Engineers from Prometheus.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    You could make Brainiac look cool.

For some reason I imagined Brainiac looking like the Engineers from Prometheus.

But green and purple, or...?

As overdone as this sounds I really hope they use influence from the dark knight returns but also not too much to where it's just a bad cover song of a amazing story.

I thought Batman and Superman were the villains...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie_2000 View Post
    As overdone as this sounds I really hope they use influence from the dark knight returns but also not too much to where it's just a bad cover song of a amazing story.
    Well, coul also use that of the meeting/crossover between 90s' animated Superman and 90s' animated Batman.

How they dealt with each other, having met for the first time, their big foes, different styles, clashing personalities, all that.

Or, the OTTness of it all, bright, dark, cosmic, of Superman/Batman animated films.

BANNED

Finally, this thread exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie_2000 View Post
    I think the latter is probably what you're going to get. I am not a fan of Zack Snyder.

Somewhat unrelated to this movie, I was thinking about how much I would LOVE to see Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson reprise their roles as Batman and the Joker in a live action version of The Dark Knight Returns. If they wanted to tell me that the Joker never died but was simply hospitalized for a few decades, hey, I'd buy that! Just make it happen!

i'd love to have Brainiac work with Lex Luthor.
    Brainiac makes a deal with Lex Luthor, convinces him that he has the means to take superman out/empower humanity from alien threats
    After Lexcorp suddenly leapfrogs their competitor, Wayne Industries , Bruce goes to Metropolis to investigate.
    Superman catches Batman out, Supes has head that Batman is a threat from gotham.
    In the fight, they both stumble upon alien tech and decide to work together.
    Brainiac reveals his masterplan, Superman fights him while Batman tries to stop his tech
    Lex has a change of heart after he sees Brainiac experimenting on humans.
    The day is saved

Lex is credited by the press as the hero here, then have him join the justice league or something :P
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

So as I already mentioned, I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder. I was very disappointed with Man of Steel. His work seems to be liked by most people though so I must ask where people's confidence in Zack delivering a good Batman v Superman is? Are you high on him? Do you think he'll nail these characters and have the movie set up all that it needs to? Or do you have low expectations for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    So as I already mentioned, I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder. I was very disappointed with Man of Steel. His work seems to be liked by most people though so I must ask where people's confidence in Zack delivering a good Batman v Superman is? Are you high on him? Do you think he'll nail these characters and have the movie set up all that it needs to? Or do you have low expectations for him?
    I'm happy enough, myself.

Could be happier, could be unhappier, but I liked Man Of Steel, I liked Watchmen, and I'm very excited for Batman v Superman.

It'll be a solid film, a good film. Above average, and 7.5/10 in quality, or higher, depending.

With Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Lois, Perry, Cyborg and much more.

Some fairy nice visuals in MOS, some stuff I might've liked better, in some ways.

But, well acted, in places, a very memorable villain, I felt, and some very interesting Kryptonian mythology, codex, Krypton etc.

Great action, could've been brighter looking and other things.

But, I have high expectations of the film. Of Snyder, I have expectations.

I'm not sure how high, low, or anything, they are.

Just want the film to have a good plot, be well plotted, memorable, semi-layered characters.

Good action, memorable, STANDOUT crossover interaction, and new, good interpretations of Lex, WW, Victor Stone etc.

That's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I'm not a fan either and Man of Steel really was one of the worst movies I've seen. I've never seen a movie spend the first 40 minutes on 3-4 different narratives that don't really go anywhere and spend little to no effort on making it's protagonist likeable.

I think even Zack Snyder isn't bad enough to blow having these two iconic characters at his disposal. That said, if he commits all the errors he did in Man of Steel it will be twice as apparent. If there's no clear narrative, if the action is very static, if there's no connection with the protagonists, then we're in for a really rough ride. I think with the disparity in the character's power levels, a full on action movie isn't going to go well. This movie needs strong characterization, something (IMO) Snyder doesn't really have a good history with.

BANNED

Man of Steel was well acted for sure but I don't think the movie got any of the characters right. It's like Snyder didn't even understand them, honestly. So even with the characters at his disposal in BvS, I don't trust him to not blow it.