6 18.18%
  • Steve should always be Captain America

9 27.27%
  • other

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Bucky or Falcon: who is the better Captain America

Now that there is a new Captain America, I was wondering who should be the successor to Steve Roger's Cap? James Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson?

BANNED

Bucky was better, but he never got the respect he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Bucky was better, but he never got the respect he deserved.
    ^ quoted for truth ^
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

bucky was clearly better. at least people called him captain america. the best sam wilson gets is "captain falcon"

Deep down, Steve should always be Cap, but Bucky's story of becoming Cap was far more compelling. Can't really compare tenures because Sam has barely been in the costume.

Basically, Brubaker did it better.

Bucky had a more meaningful lead up taking up the mantle.

FalCap felt like a rushed idea. Though I am enjoying the run so far.

Steve is Captain America though.

Steve should be Cap, goes without saying but out of Bucky and Falcon then it has to be Bucky. A much more meaningful lead up to him taking over and just a much more compelling character when he was in the role.

Reasoning, motivation, and the writers involved really have more of an impact on this than simply who is better for the job.

I hate what Remender had done to Steve before the switch, so I don't read the book any more. Plus, Sam had a well-respected career as Falcon and had stepped out of the shadows as being "Cap's partner" decades ago.

"Bucky", on the other hand, had a more shadowy past as Winter Soldier, and becoming Captain America gave him a way to try and atone for how he was used as an assassin. He also stepped into the role when the country had been torn by the events of Civil War and the apparent death of Captain America, so he was filling a bigger void. (Plus, I prefer Brubaker as a writer over Remender.)

If they wanted a new African-American Captain America, I would rather they dug up Lemar Hoskins.

a.k.a. Battlestar

Bucky.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member

Sam won't be Captain America indefinitely, but I hope Rick gives us some quality stories. Buck had a good run as Cap, even though Sam spent a lot of time helping him out.

Steve is just taking a break until he becomes Cap again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Reasoning, motivation, and the writers involved really have more of an impact on this than simply who is better for the job.

I hate what Remender had done to Steve before the switch, so I don't read the book any more. Plus, Sam had a well-respected career as Falcon and had stepped out of the shadows as being "Cap's partner" decades ago.

"Bucky", on the other hand, had a more shadowy past as Winter Soldier, and becoming Captain America gave him a way to try and atone for how he was used as an assassin. He also stepped into the role when the country had been torn by the events of Civil War and the apparent death of Captain America, so he was filling a bigger void. (Plus, I prefer Brubaker as a writer over Remender.)

If they wanted a new African-American Captain America, I would rather they dug up Lemar Hoskins.

a.k.a. Battlestar
    It would be great to see him return, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Chanting...."Bring back Steve".........."Bring back Steve"!

Incredible Member

Barnes was the superior Cap, he did what needed to be done and acted more like the soldier/black ops member that Marvel built him up to be. Sam hasn't had the mantle long enough to really do much with it but given that he sadly never made much of an impression on me back when he was still Falcon I really don't see him making much of one as Captain Falcon. Steve just likes to preach.

BANNED

sam is kind of boring to be honest

bucky was the better cap, much more meaningful

Incredible Member

I like Steve the best. Bucky was much better done storywise (though Falcon has just got the title). I would lean towards Sam as making a better successor but I don't know.