Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    "...but I'm glad they went with Identity Crisis instead."

As if I needed another reason to dislike Identity Crisis.

I really wish DC would have let Morrison and Waid go through with their ideas as they envisioned. The story possibilities from that story alone would be great.
    So, you mean you hate it because Morrison seemed to approve there (I don't remember your opinion on him), or because it bumped HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Sorry, I don't see any contradiction.
    I didn't mean to contradict you, I was just adding.

"...but I'm glad they went with Identity Crisis instead."

As if I needed another reason to dislike Identity Crisis.

I really wish DC would have let Morrison and Waid go through with their ideas as they envisioned. The story possibilities from that story alone would be great.
    Yeah, it could've been amazing...

Spectacular Member

I love DC Multiverse and am glad it's back in New 52! Was 1985 Crisis necessary to do away with original multiverse? Why didn't DC just introduce a NEW 1986 Earth to multiverse? I also liked Hypertime introduced in The Kingdom and explored in Superboy "Hypertension"! Sad Hypertime never realized full potential as Waid said it only scratched surface. Stoked about Multiversity this August and Morrison's multiverse guide! Infinite possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    So, you mean you hate it because Morrison seemed to approve there (I don't remember your opinion on him), or because it bumped HC?
    Because it bumped Hyper-Crisis. I'm a huge fan of Morrison.

Identity Crisis is one of those stories I wish never would have seen the light of day.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Amazing Member

I love the Multiverse for the shear imagination and ideas it can bring to the DC Universe.
    It is also a great way of acknowledging your past history without losing focus on your future.
    I would love to see DC adapt the whole Snowflake concept from Planetary and the old Wildstorm Universe to expand the new Multiverse (Or at least explain how the Snowflake existed on Earth 50 in the Pre-Flashpoint Universe if there were only 52 Earths?).

Incredible Member

I love the Multiverse. The More the better!

Because it bumped Hyper-Crisis. I'm a huge fan of Morrison.

Identity Crisis is one of those stories I wish never would have seen the light of day.
    Okay, good. Identity Crisis is indeed basically the comic that ruined supervillains/DC in general. But much as I would have loved Hyper Crisis and Morrison and Waid presiding over a rebooted DCU, I wouldn't change that timeline if it might have led to no All-Star Superman. Nothing is worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    I love the Multiverse for the shear imagination and ideas it can bring to the DC Universe.
    It is also a great way of acknowledging your past history without losing focus on your future.
    I would love to see DC adapt the whole Snowflake concept from Planetary and the old Wildstorm Universe to expand the new Multiverse (Or at least explain how the Snowflake existed on Earth 50 in the Pre-Flashpoint Universe if there were only 52 Earths?).
    That would be a nice addition. I mean, in DC already they adopted the Bleed. I don't see why the snowplake pattern can't be added to the structure.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I didn't mean to contradict you, I was just adding.
    Sorry, I explain myself wrong.
    What I mean is I didn't see any contradiction in both Morrison's declarations than you quoted. Just than one expanded the other. I though than you were sayig than Morrison talked back himself about the Hypercrisis in the second paragraph.
    Good additions by the way.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I was answering another post, but wanted to share this:

Most of the earths of the multiverse are filled with variations of the main earth(Batman, Superman, Wonder woman, et al). There are few with different structures and archetipes. Why this happen?
    The earths with different characters were originaly filled with characters from other editorials which DC acquired over time: Captain Marvel and family from Fawcett, send to earth-S; Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters from Quality went to earth-X; Captain Atom and his friends, from Charlton ended in earth-4. And finally Wildstorm characters ended in earth-50.
    Earth 2 was similar yet different at the same time because they were the original characters from the forties, forgotten by that time. Then the correct thing is to say than the first variation of such characters were the characters of earth-1
    But after the debut of earth 3, the alternate earths became dominated by the main DC earth variations, similar in the Marvel Multiverse, composed only of "the road no taken thrope", ucronies worlds or many themed revertions (gender, age, ethnics, ethics).
    The Tanget world was a curiosity because the names were the same but the concepts were radically differents, make them originals characters who had a famous name.
    Also curious is the reinvention of varios DC characters by Stan Lee in the series "Just Imagine", worked under the same concept.

Then how to create new earths than could be more than prime earth variations?
    Built new universes than are not earth 1 variations only can achieved by three options:
    -Create exclusively new characters: almost like create your own world.
    -Create characters than homage/parodied/twists characters from other editorials: the champions of Angor and the Squadron Supreme are good examples. And don't forget Watchmen.
    -Buy a minor/broken/forgotten editorial: and then give them his own earth. And go nuts. Remember Wildstorm?

Okay, good. Identity Crisis is indeed basically the comic that ruined supervillains/DC in general. But much as I would have loved Hyper Crisis and Morrison and Waid presiding over a rebooted DCU, I wouldn't change that timeline if it might have led to no All-Star Superman. Nothing is worth that.
    For sure. We'd see bits and pieces of it here and there but not as the piece we know it as. Has Morrison ever said what parts from Hyper Crisis were carried over to All-Star Superman?

Sorry, I explain myself wrong.
    What I mean is I didn't see any contradiction in both Morrison's declarations than you quoted. Just than one expanded the other. I though than you were sayig than Morrison talked back himself about the Hypercrisis in the second paragraph.
    Good additions by the way.
    I meant regarding Identity Crisis, given that in that Rolling Stone article he talked about how screwed up it was.

For sure. We'd see bits and pieces of it here and there but not as the piece we know it as. Has Morrison ever said what parts from Hyper Crisis were carried over to All-Star Superman?
    The Chronovore from issue #6 of All-Star would have been the big villain of Hypercrisis. The Superman Squad would have had a large role as well, with the Unknown Superman playing a sizable part, with the great disaster of his time presumably being significant in some way.

The Chronovore from issue #6 of All-Star would have been the big villain of Hypercrisis. The Superman Squad would have had a large role as well, with the Unknown Superman playing a sizable part, with the great disaster of his time presumably being significant in some way.
    Interesting, thanks. It's strange to think of All-Star Superman as anything other than the whole piece that but I do wonder that if Hyper Crisis went through if Morrison would still feel compelled to tell All-Star Superman is some capacity.

I remember than the idea of a bridge of events, rebuilding time ended in Final Crisis.

Interesting, thanks. It's strange to think of All-Star Superman as anything other than the whole piece that but I do wonder that if Hyper Crisis went through if Morrison would still feel compelled to tell All-Star Superman is some capacity.
    We will never know. But somebody would ask to Morrison in some con.

Amazing Member

That would be a nice addition. I mean, in DC already they adopted the Bleed. I don't see why the snowplake pattern can't be added to the structure.
    You could have each different branch of the Snowflake it's own Multiverse,
    There can be a branch that houses the Prime-Earth and the 52 Multiverse. Another branch could have the Pre-Flashpoint Multiverse. There could be a Pre-Crisis Multiverse branch, a JLA: The Nail branch (Since it seemed to have it's own Multiverse too.), and countless more.

Just think what other branches the Snowflake could have?