Default THE TITANS, A New Concept

Id love to see a book or mini that features a team of god-tier heroes and "The Titans" always feels like the right title, realizing that was also the adult Teen Titans team pre-52.

The challenge here will always be credible threats, but things I'd love to see:

-The team:
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Martian Manhunter
    Shazam
    Supergirl
    Maxima, Barda or Fury

-A sort of illuminati, the team is bound by their mutual state of being gods among men, with an unwavering sense of responsibility for protecting their planet (or adopted planet, in four cases).

-Explore the theme of what "normal" life is like when you can move mountains and survive nearly any attack. How do you relate to the common man?

-No Batman! Love ya Bruce, but you're out of your league here.

-Jim Lee....please! Make it bi-monthly or quarterly if you have to.

You guys are way better than this....could this work? Who'd make your team? What challenges would they face?

BANNED

(Already done)
    250px-JLA1.jpg

Spectacular Member

if they did that I'd like to see it on another earth. I'd like to see them (this version of the titans) depicted a bit differently then they are currently. they are gods in this concept so they should act the part. Have people worshipping them, have them rule the planet.

I have the feeling that's been done before but it might be interesting to address it with this set of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    (Already done)
    250px-JLA1.jpg
    Not quite. I see Batman, Aquaman, Flash. Not quite sure they qualify. Loved that run though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Not quite. I see Batman, Aquaman, Flash. Not quite sure they qualify. Loved that run though.
    See, thats where you are wrong, because that version of the JLA is (as I suspect you know) also known as the God-League, wherein Morrison wrote them as a pantheon of gods that took on the most colossal threats to Earth. And while not a huge subject, being percieved and having the power of gods is touched upon, perhaps mostly when Zauriel showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    See, thats where you are wrong, because that version of the JLA is (as I suspect you know) also known as the God-League, wherein Morrison wrote them as a pantheon of gods that took on the most colossal threats to Earth. And while not a huge subject, being percieved and having the power of gods is touched upon, perhaps mostly when Zauriel showed up.
    Ok...you win. That run definitely included elements of what I'm proposing. Not it's own book though.....lots o' Batman and only includes half the characters I picked.

Wait the Flash is not god-tier. I think your underestimating how powerful he really is.

Maybe just put the titan gods like cronus, rhea, hyperion, etc. on earth.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Flash is definitely a Superman-Level Powerhouse. Hes just not used as much as he should be.
    Cyclops was right