Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    He should show up at the JGS and NXS. Rachel and Cyclops could use a visit from Cable.
    Agreed. And I loved this ending. Very nice twist with Hope basically firing him from his own team. I also like Cable being free of the techno-virus, the Volga virus and actually having the opportunity to explore being whole. Hopefully the next writer who takes him won't feel obligated to come up with some lame reason for him to sport a mechanical arm. He doesn't need it.

And it did seem like he had his powers back when he fought Fantomex, considering his eye was glowing and he was flying and fighting with the psimitar. But I agree with Hariel, it's doubtful he's back at full power because, frankly, that just isn't as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I'm glad to hear Cable's finally physically whole, even if his powers probably aren't what they used to be. I hope it's not a bait-and-switch like "X-Sanction" and his "healing" doesn't turn out to be more cybernetics. :P
    Same here.

Is Hope still stuck as MeMe?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

No. She's back in her body again.

Managed to read it.

A good end overall but I gotta agree with Antiochene and Sea Hound. Ending felt off but I attribute that to the cancellation. I'm still gonna pick up the trades and I eagerly await where Cable ends up next.

I hope they do another Cable & Deadpool series (assuming the latter's death isn't more permanent or long-term and is instead just a gag riffing on the Death of Wolverine), and I'd also love to see Cable in Uncanny X-men. He's a big enough character to do double duty IMO, especially with Logan now dead. Creates some space for another badass soldier type.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope they do another Cable & Deadpool series (assuming the latter's death isn't more permanent or long-term and is instead just a gag riffing on the Death of Wolverine), and I'd also love to see Cable in Uncanny X-men. He's a big enough character to do double duty IMO, especially with Logan now dead. Creates some space for another badass soldier type.
    I'm hoping that in the lead up to the Cable and Deadpool, Cable enlists the help of the Rachel and Cyclops to get back to full strength before making a small team to go find Wade in the afterlife.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So now We have and all Female X-Force Team, and All female X-Team and an All Female A-Team. Damn a revolution is happening.
    More like the revolution is being forced. Especially the female X-Men team, which, while I like, I don't feel makes sense plot wise. The female X-teams won't last once Secret Wars starts tho.

The art went downhill in the finale

The story was good and I like how it all ended up. Psylocke let go of her kill desire, at least for now. Fanto os now himself without eva and Hope is coming into her own. Will be interesting to see where they take Hope from here.

Cable is whole. New arm and eye. It will be upto the next writer (or editorial) to determine Cables power levels. Lets just hope Mojo didnt put a camera in there like he did with Betsy years ago.

I doubt Xforce is still a thing. Im sure they split up after Hopes little declaration. The future is unclear.

Cable and Deadpool hopefully and who knows what happens with Secret Wars.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I doubt we'll see Hope after Secret Wars, to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I doubt we'll see Hope after Secret Wars, to be honest.
    Isn't that a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Isn't that a good thing?
    Some of us liked her, at least under Swierczynski's pen.

Isn't that a good thing?
    It's a great thing. Stop the Redheaded Summers... PLEASE.

I agree this issue suffers from cancellation. The team doesn't seem finished even though the story concluded.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    There's a big hero moment for Hope. I liked her portrayal as a child. As an adolescent, (through Utopia, AvsX, and Cable and X-Force) I found her self-centred, selfish and annoying. Spurrier's take on her: as a confused young woman, damaged by her crazy life, and with a growing horror at what's happening to the ethics of the team around her is the most sympathetic she's been in ages.

I agree with you Antiochene, that the relationship between her and Cable needed a reset. The way Spurrier went about it, showing her go through the vey normal process of growing up and discovering your parents are normal human beings with flaws, felt very organic and natural to me. I'm not sure about her as an ongoing leader either.

It's a good ending to a really great series. I admit I'm not as absolutely wowed by it as I was by the end of X-Men Legacy though. Will we see this team again?
    Pretty much how I felt about this as well. The ending felt rushed but it works and does tie up all the loose ends from the series. Really, Spurrier has made me more invested in Hope as a character than I ever have been.

Really though, kudos to Spurrier on this run. I'll miss it and will look forward to his future work.

More like the revolution is being forced. Especially the female X-Men team, which, while I like, I don't feel makes sense plot wise. The female X-teams won't last once Secret Wars starts tho.
    Honestly all three are pretty forced, especially since they can't seem to come up with a real reason for them to exist beyond a mini or the opening arc. Only one that really had a reason to continue existing was Fearless Defenders.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

There's nothing really forced about Hope's team though. She sacked Cable, (or maybe put him in the naughty corner so he could think about the things he had done), and Fantomex is too messed up to be on a team right now, so who she's with are the only people left from the book. There's no all female mandate.
    And there's two men right there. Doc Nemesis admittedly doesn't always do field work, and everyone's forgotten about ForgetMeNot, (are his powers breaking the fourth wall to not be there?) who's potentially extremely useful on a covert team. If he's on a mission, it's like he, and Hope if she leeches his powers were never there.
    Also, I haven't heard a whisper of a future for this team anyway.
    "Self has no time for this."