Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    This is a must buy for me. Barry is my favorite, but I love Wally too!
    Oh great, just what we need, someone all non-bitter, tolerant, reasonable and loving of all the Flashes.

At least admit you hate Timmy Joe Terrapin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Oh great, just what we need, someone all non-bitter, tolerant, reasonable and loving of all the Flashes.

At least admit you hate Timmy Joe Terrapin
    LOL. I can't do that, mate.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I was only going to pick this up if Barry Allen made an appearance. This will be a pass for me.
    You do realize NU52 Barry IS Pre-Flashpoint Barry, right? Just with his memories etc. overwritten? It's not really clear how it worked out, so I could be wrong. It'd make a cool story if he got his Pre-Flashpoint memories back, and the dilemna he'd face. Of course, they'd probably have him go crazy or something because of it, and go zipping around time, creating some bizarre messed up DCU trying to fix things. Basically Barry's Hal's Paralax moment. It'd essentially be Flashpoint 2. I mean, it'd all be undone by the end, but it'd be cool to visit some other weird alternate timeline spanning loads of books again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Well I'm buying 10 copies of Speed Force and the digital copy too. Vote with your wallets and not whine on the internet.
    That's great, dude. It may work, but more likely they'll just give Barry even more of Wally's traits to appeal to Wally fans. Or just have him as a main star of a Multiversity spin-off title. I think we all know the end of Convergence will be everyone back in their own Hypertime with no memories, even those that die during the event. One last secret adventure nobody remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    That's great, dude. It may work, but more likely they'll just give Barry even more of Wally's traits to appeal to Wally fans. Or just have him as a main star of a Multiversity spin-off title. I think we all know the end of Convergence will be everyone back in their own Hypertime with no memories, even those that die during the event. One last secret adventure nobody remembers.
    I think everyone who dies will have no memories too.

You do realize NU52 Barry IS Pre-Flashpoint Barry, right? Just with his memories etc. overwritten? It's not really clear how it worked out, so I could be wrong. .
    yes and no, Barry's parents were alive well pre flashpoint, he did not have a tragic childhood.

Spectacular Member

I think everyone who dies will have no memories too.
    Lol yeah, but what I meant was, even if they die in Convergence they'll be alive and reinserted into their own Hypertime by the end with no memories of Convergence ever having happened.

Spectacular Member

yes and no, Barry's parents were alive well pre flashpoint, he did not have a tragic childhood.
    I meant that he was literally physically Pre-Flashpoint Barry, as he was going back to whatever he thought his present was. Though it's not just a timeline change, but a fusion of worlds. Did he get fused in transit? Does he know about the fusion or timeline changes? (Despite te fact these fused worlds WERE ALREADY A PART OF THE DCU ANYWAY. Way to ignore things DC...) To those in the old multiverse it would appear he disappeared one day and didn't come back. Unless a version came back there, too (assuming a hypertime version of their multiverse still exists...which I suppose it does). I don't know about any of this. I had theories in old posts, but don't remember all the facts/theories of the time. I guess it doesn't really matter what any of us come up with, whether it makes sense or is random; whatever DC makes it, so shall it be.

I meant that he was literally physically Pre-Flashpoint Barry, as he was going back to whatever he thought his present was. Though it's not just a timeline change, but a fusion of worlds. Did he get fused in transit? Does he know about the fusion or timeline changes? (Despite te fact these fused worlds WERE ALREADY A PART OF THE DCU ANYWAY. Way to ignore things DC...) To those in the old multiverse it would appear he disappeared one day and didn't come back. Unless a version came back there, too (assuming a hypertime version of their multiverse still exists...which I suppose it does). I don't know about any of this. I had theories in old posts, but don't remember all the facts/theories of the time. I guess it doesn't really matter what any of us come up with, whether it makes sense or is random; whatever DC makes it, so shall it be.
    The whole thing was handled Ina vague and confusing way

Fantastic Member

Part of me hopes that we get to See this Wally meet the new 52 Wally West. There have been people taking issue with the changes in Wally's appearance. A meeting of the two might be a nice nod and quiet that topic down.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Part of me hopes that we get to See this Wally meet the new 52 Wally West. There have been people taking issue with the changes in Wally's appearance. A meeting of the two might be a nice nod and quiet that topic down.
    His APPEARANCE isn't the issue in and of itself. The issue is the COMPLETE replacement AND disappearance (from the books) of the original Wally West, period.

This is why DC cannot have any of my monies.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    In your dreams maybe.

This was not a problem of a changed eye color or hair color, costume design or hero name. This was a total bait and switch. Like being told you were buying a red rollys royce and instead they sent over an orange volkswagon. Uh huh. Don't care that the Bug is shiny and new and has Rollys Royce printed in chrome on the side and does in fact run, it wasn't what was led to believe was getting.

My comments on the article that started this thread:

"a depowered Wally" Oh joy. I was really upset about this until I read the blurb for another Convergence title which basically said the same thing. Still upset, but not as much as before.

"Flashpoint version of Wonder Woman" Ugh. Still, I can hold my nose for two issues. Maybe. Depends on how 'graphic' they feel the need to depict her being a mass murderer.

Wally to get help from speeding turtle. This....is actually kind of depressing. Fun if Wally also had his speed, but as it is...
    "it stands alone as its own story " Thank God for that.

"a story about a man and the staggering degree of love he holds for his family." Triple thank God for that!

"a variant cover by superstar designer Chip Kidd." Have only seen the left side of this cover and was not impressed by the style either here or....I saw that style somewhere else very late in The Flash (Wally) run. Disliked it a lot. Makes it hard as I also dislike the May cover by Booth due to the spinal damage thing.

"Tony Bedard: Actually, I love "The Flash." *groan* So did I until I had to quit it cold-turkey due to personal principles. (Linda/Barry and now the source of the origin of 'bi-racial Wally') Won't even get to find out how the current storyline ends. Oh well.

"The short answer is that Mark Waid made Wally an awesome superhero" Well, I think Messner-Loeb did a bang-up job making Wally awesome before Waid, but then Waid is pretty outstanding for taking something and polishing it to a high shine. Man, I already miss his Daredevil.

"Wally into a more complete character and a greater hero than Barry ever was." To be fair, the writing during Barry's first run was....stereotypical comic book hero stuff....at least as I've understood it. Was enjoying the Geoff Johns run somewhat before Flashpoint reared it's ugly shadow on the horizon and killed everything in its path. For me though, I prefer Wally over Barry, but still like Barry enough to wish the New52 Wally hadn't come into being to ruin any chance of my remaining a [lesser] fan of it.

"He learned he was part of a continuum of super-speedsters, and somehow that didn't reduce Wally or make him less special " This! Wally was most fun when he was around other speedsters. God to heaven, I miss Max and Impulse #1 too.

"It's often said that it's a mistake to marry off a superhero or give them kids -- that it makes them less relatable to younger readers." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No, really, why do they say that? What ever gave them such a silly idea? Lots of beloved TV shows featured married couples and were hits with kids and adults alike. The only reason I disliked the kids at first was because first they started off as little snots. Then these youngsters started saving Wally more than Wally saved them because th writers started writing Wally as de-powered or making one mistake after another with hardly a 'win' in sight. It was like....gee....they wanted to make Wally wimpy. I don't recall Kid Flash Wally ever being made to be superior to Flash Barry. Or was I the only one who got this impression from the stories put out just before The End?

And wow was I/ am I upset at how they had Irey steal powers from Jai and then made Jai an unloveable little ****er.

"Wally, Iris and Jai are in Gotham City" This had my jaw drop a bit because...Wally? WHY? Why in the name of all that's wonderful would you take your kids there? Wow, kids, let's go see the most crime-ridden city in the country if not the world! If were lucky maybe we'll run into the Joker! Eh....did Wally maybe get hit by a ton of bricks before this? Brain damage?
    Probably the reason is that Barry is in Central City (Convergence: Flash) and God forbid my favorite Flash and favorite Barry should ever meet. I might have absolutely loved finally getting the bromance story I thought we were going to get at the start of Flash: Rebirth. *sigh*

"Convergence" is a celebration of all the many versions of the DC Universe that we've seen over the years. The basic idea is that some cosmic entity has gathered cities from across the DC Multiverse and placed them all on one planet to battle it out and determine which version of the DCU is strongest. This gives us a really cool opportunity to see battles that would otherwise be impossible."

You know, at that this point I really didn't want to see Wally do battle. I just wanted to see Wally. Heck, a holiday special that's rated G with just him and family doing happy things would have made me ecstatic. For one thing it would have meant more panels with Wally in them then say...Wacked-Out Woman going Pre-Menstrual on Everything. Also the chance that this could end in May much like Citizen Cold did....favorite characters dead. That's an ending I don't want spoiling what little fantasies I have of Wally and Co managing to happily live on in some forgotten pocket of the universe missed by Barry and Pandora.

"Flashpoint Wonder Woman is a character you know well as you wrote her last, and only, appearance. " Oh.....I did not know this. Oh...fudge nuts. Flashpoint writers went overboard in the killing department in that series. This does not bode well for my stomach.

Real or digital copy, I'm waiting a bit longer for this even if it was gifted to me. Had enough of dead Wally as a surprise! with Citizen Cold.
    Last edited by Kyer; 03-20-2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: copy/paste made a mess of formatting.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)