Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Well it's the only girl he's got right now!
    I guess we'll have to settle for superficial love diversions instead of the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I guess we'll have to settle for superficial love diversions instead of the real thing.
    It's been like that since Brand New Day. And then they rush out and ship tease Peter/MJ when they realize nobody likes the new love interest.

Well it's the only girl he's got right now!
    Which is part of the reason this relationship (and all the relationships in Amazing Spider-Man for the past few years) feel like they were written by someone who doesn't understand the complexities of interpersonal relationships, and zero understanding of sexual politics. It was what I did with my action figures when I was 13 - "well, this person has powers just like this person so they have to be together, and they are compelled to have sex all the time because I have no idea how sex works with adults so i'll reduce every sexual interaction to a gag because it's a foreign concept to me."

Well, that was awesome. Pete did Petey things. Otto did Ottoey things. Naked pig. May didn't do what people thought Slott would have her do, so hopefully thus endeth his crucifixion. For that, at least.

Now to find out how Otto got back/gets back to SSM.

Meh, typical Dan Slott story arc. Weird pacing with an unsatisfactory conclusion.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

So the entire fix of this event this entire time was transport them to the radioactive world. Why couldn't the Weaver just do that then close up the portals in the first place?

Ok, not gonna complain. Hoping the epilogue issue ties up some stuff.
    Last edited by SpiderOrange; 02-11-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

BANNED

I knew I was expecting it to be rather underhelming. But still.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I think the Inheritors as a concept have ruined the uniqueness and simplicity of Morlun. I liked that he was just this energy vampire who fed on animal-based powers.
    Potentially far more complex than a phantom monster that he was before. I see your point though.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Which is part of the reason this relationship (and all the relationships in Amazing Spider-Man for the past few years) feel like they were written by someone who doesn't understand the complexities of interpersonal relationships, and zero understanding of sexual politics. It was what I did with my action figures when I was 13 - "well, this person has powers just like this person so they have to be together, and they are compelled to have sex all the time because I have no idea how sex works with adults so i'll reduce every sexual interaction to a gag because it's a foreign concept to me."
    To be fair the "they are compelled to have sex all the time because I have no idea how sex works with adults" isn't very fair. Their relationship is a unique one BECAUSE of this pheromone attraction. I don't think Slott is pretending this is anything normal.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Last panel made me want to puke.

I can't be the only fan who still feels weird seeing Peter getting intimate with other women. Can't help it. MJ and Peter are burned into my brain as husband as wife. So it's like watching Peter cheating on his wife.

I know in story thats not the case but my mind can't let it go after 20 years of that being the case. MJ PARKER or no one at all!
    Slott is against the idea of Peter in a relationship with a super heroine. Yet, he creates a generic version as a love interest?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's been like that since Brand New Day. And then they rush out and ship tease Peter/MJ when they realize nobody likes the new love interest.
    I am sure if Marvel had used Betty Brant or Felicia Hardy, no one would complain about either one of them renewing their respective relationship with Peter Parker. But since BND, Marvel WASTED that opportunity with it by pairing him up with women that no one cares about.

To be fair the "they are compelled to have sex all the time because I have no idea how sex works with adults" isn't very fair. Their relationship is a unique one BECAUSE of this pheromone attraction. I don't think Slott is pretending this is anything normal.
    No, he's treating sex like a gag, which is (a) highly inappropriate for something that is ostensibly an all-ages comic, and (b) an indicator of a low level of understanding about the complexity and gravity of adult sexual relationships. It's basically "LOL THEYRE BANGING" just like back in Superior Spider-Man it was "hehe he might trick MJ into sex"

I expect teenage boys with no experience to treat relationships and sex like a joke. It's more surprising when it's coming from adult.

No, he's treating sex like a gag, which is (a) highly inappropriate for something that is ostensibly an all-ages comic, and (b) an indicator of a low level of understanding about the complexity and gravity of adult sexual relationships. It's basically "LOL THEYRE BANGING" just like back in Superior Spider-Man it was "hehe he might trick MJ into sex"

I expect teenage boys with no experience to treat relationships and sex like a joke. It's more surprising when it's coming from adult.
    Relax. It's low brow comedy but sex isn't some forbidden thing that can't be turned into a joke. Slott goes for a light hearted approach with his writing and not much is taken seriously, relationships and sex included.

Astonishing Member

Let's be glad that Slott never got to handle Peter's relationship with Carol Danvers as he would have ruined it like he did with the Black Cat.

Even Newsarama thought this was getting overrated for a story-arc.
    http://www.newsarama.com/23498-best-...er-man-14.html