Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Do any of you read Justice League 3000? I found something that may be of interest.

I actually don't read it, but I have heard good things. Nevertheless I found something;

Its a clone of Wonder Woman though so...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Not exactly a clone.

I saw that and liked it, very good see a WW having sexual freedom and finding someone special

wait women too... gotta love 3000 for now

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Not exactly a clone.

I saw that and liked it, very good see a WW having sexual freedom and finding someone special

wait women too... gotta love 3000 for now
    What is she then?

It's been a long while since I read Justice League 3000, but if I recall correctly, they're imperfect clones, they were made by scientists who were recreate the Justice League (or something along those lines), but it was so long since the Justice League was a thing, they tried to replicate their personalities the best they could, but it was all based on myths and speculation, so this JL is not really a proper representation of any of the characters, if anything it's just the over-the-top streotypes you regularly hear and see, like Superman is cocky and full of himself, Batman is paranoid and a know it all, Wonder Woman is barbaric and violent, the Flash can't handle his speed.

But like I said, it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's the case and if this Wonder Woman is bisexual, that doesn't nessesarily mean Nu52 Wonder Woman is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    What is she then?
    the body of normal people are transformed to the bodies and personality of the heroes

okay then, I thought they were straight up clones who just lacked the background of their previous selves so they were different.

If I understand correctly, the scientists took "volunteer" from their current (31st) Century and replaced their personalities with replicas of the personalities of the original JLA--or as close as they could get. I'm not 100% sure, but I got the impression that the volunteers(?) didn't realize they'd be sacrificing their own existences in the process.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    If I understand correctly, the scientists took "volunteer" from their current (31st) Century and replaced their personalities with replicas of the personalities of the original JLA--or as close as they could get. I'm not 100% sure, but I got the impression that the volunteers(?) didn't realize they'd be sacrificing their own existences in the process.
    Close, but what happened is that CADMUS has a huge bank of genetic material from the heroes and villains from the 21st century. Scientists (or rather 1 scientist) found a way to implant that genetic material into a living body that would then change into the hero/villain imprinted into it. As said, loosing most if not all of the donors personality along the way and causing massive holes the in hero/villain's memory and nearly completely resetting their personlity.

Hence why Batman is Bruce without the lost parents and dead sidekicks, Superman is a douche without the Kents and rural upbringing and Diana is without the compassion and restraint given to her by her Amazon upbringing. Hence why she is easilly the most barbaric and warlike of the JL3000.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Good God, that art still makes me ill.

I'm surprised this book is even still going, unless sales figures have gone up a lot since the last time I cared to check on them.

As to the material? Eh. Diana having multiple lovers doesn't bother me a bit. She's a hot-blooded lady who knows what she wants.

End of the day, it doesn't really matter. This book is one of the most irrelevant books on the market right now, anyway.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

JL 3000 is pretty great, super fun and take the best bits of continuity. I book with the original fire , ice, blue beetle and booster gold is hardly irrelevant. the art was awful but it is fill in. porter is much better
    Last edited by Blacksun; 02-11-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    JL 3000 is pretty great, super fun and take the best bits of continuity. I book with the original fire , ice, blue beetle and booster gold is hardly irrelevant. the art was awful but it is fill in. porter is much better
    I just read Outside_85 saying that Superman is a "douche" and Wonder Woman is a "barbarian." That's not my definition of "fun." "Super" or otherwise.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I just read Outside_85 saying that Superman is a "douche" and Wonder Woman is a "barbarian." That's not my definition of "fun." "Super" or otherwise.
    It's a straight-up satire of radical changes to characters, up to and including the New 52. It's actually pretty funny, but more in a Paddy Chayefsky or Terry Gilliam way than the bwa-ha-ha of JLI.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Douche Superman is the best JL3000 member imo.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Douche Superman is the best JL3000 member imo.
    Right, I keep forgetting douchebags are popular nowadays. Certainly explains Batman's popularity.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Right, I keep forgetting douchebags are popular nowadays. Certainly explains Batman's popularity.
    It's funny. I read the first Vol. But I don't see these characters as the characters we care for. They are extreme and to me the opposite of the characters we know. I wouldn't even call them SM or WW. There is screwed wiring here. There is no best bits of any continuity. It is over the top ...almost like Frank Miller the way he writes everyone like a douche.

The character is nothing like Diana. She's extremely loutish and little or no compassion. Her voice and behavior has nothing like we ever even see from Diana in any of the books in terms of her grace and kindness etc. She could easily be someone like Aleka. Don't go looking for Diana here. This is someone maybe one day who might perhaps become a bit more heroic due maybe to some of our Diana's essence maybe finding its way to inspire her to be less savage and selfish but is still nothing like the real Diana. At all.