Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I gave this title a shot for a while, and even enjoyed the first arc, but then things started going south what with the characters not really growing at all, leading me to believe that the characters are meant to remain in that satirical douche-y state (which is an appeal for some but for me its only fun for a short while before it becomes old), then it was revealed to just be some as-of-yet unclassified alternate Earth, which bugged me because I was hoping somehow this story could lead to the peaceful era that would precede the time of the Legion. Then there was the post-Crisis pandering by forcing old versions of Booster and Beetle and the likes. Dont' get me wrong, I like those characters a lot, but the execution was so scattershot and without thought that it smacks of "let's do this for no reason other than just because".

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Right, I keep forgetting douchebags are popular nowadays. Certainly explains Batman's popularity.
    You can write the heroes as douchey in a way that's entirely entertaining. Lego DC Comics would be a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    It's funny. I read the first Vol. But I don't see these characters as the characters we care for. They are extreme and to me the opposite of the characters we know. I wouldn't even call them SM or WW. There is screwed wiring here. There is no best bits of any continuity. It is over the top ...almost like Frank Miller the way he writes everyone like a douche.

The character is nothing like Diana. She's extremely loutish and little or no compassion. Her voice and behavior has nothing like we ever even see from Diana in any of the books in terms of her grace and kindness etc. She could easily be someone like Aleka. Don't go looking for Diana here. This is someone maybe one day who might perhaps become a bit more heroic due maybe to some of our Diana's essence maybe finding its way to inspire her to be less savage and selfish but is still nothing like the real Diana. At all.
    Yeah, I think they are trying to show us what the heroes would be like without their humanity, but it's not coming across all that well because the storylines are stupid and the characters aren't developing ... They are frozen in douchery

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    It's a straight-up satire of radical changes to characters, up to and including the New 52. It's actually pretty funny, but more in a Paddy Chayefsky or Terry Gilliam way than the bwa-ha-ha of JLI.
    yeah, they can be funny. Superman is more full of himself, very tony stark.

my favorite is flash that say things to fast and ww wants to get rid of her. haha

I think the problem is that sometimes they look too much like new 52 chravters, specially ww
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I gave this title a shot for a while, and even enjoyed the first arc, but then things started going south what with the characters not really growing at all, leading me to believe that the characters are meant to remain in that satirical douche-y state (which is an appeal for some but for me its only fun for a short while before it becomes old), then it was revealed to just be some as-of-yet unclassified alternate Earth, which bugged me because I was hoping somehow this story could lead to the peaceful era that would precede the time of the Legion. Then there was the post-Crisis pandering by forcing old versions of Booster and Beetle and the likes. Dont' get me wrong, I like those characters a lot, but the execution was so scattershot and without thought that it smacks of "let's do this for no reason other than just because".
    I don't think it is pandering. blue beetle and booster are one of the most famous duos of the comics, and the bwa haha era from JLI was one of the most famous era of JL comics. It still is relevant today with movies like guardians of the galaxy.
    The book got much better with blue,booster and Ice.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 02-12-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Spectacular Member

I picked up one issue of this title and didn't like it!! One thing I never understood why jumping from beds to beds is something to be proud of or being passed around is great! To me it only degrade that person, I know Tv and books have gone out of their way to de-value sex, everybody has to be a man whore or slut to be relatable, if your not !! Their something wrong with you!! You can't be related too, as least that what their pushing today! It ashame now the heroes from comics are being used to push that view! I guess this is another step in destroying what WW used to stand for, first she stood for life and peace, now she's the god of war, now she stand for suffering and death!! It's ashame to see her being dragged down this way too!
    Last edited by chlj1; 02-12-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Diana getting hers respect i love this series. Dozens of lovers now that quip about batman in her bed a few issues earlier makes sense now. I agree the art though i could do without. Plus this answer alot of questions about wondys preference and she was right she loves everyone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    I picked up one issue of this title and didn't like it!! One thing I never understood why jumping from beds to beds is something to be proud of or being passed around is great! To me it only degrade that person, I know Tv and books have gone out of their way to de-value sex, everybody has to be a man whore or slut to be relatable, if your not !! Their something wrong with you!! You can't be related too, as least that what their pushing today! It ashame now the heroes from comics are being used to push that view! I guess this is another step in destroying what WW used to stand for, first she stood for life and peace, now she's the god of war, now she stand for suffering and death!! It's ashame to see her being dragged down this way too!
    None of what you said makes any sense or is even remotely true. Shes a parody of regular Wonder Woman just like the rest.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Incredible Member

This series is so bad it's good!

BANNED

So cool, I've always imagined Wonder Woman to be pansexual