Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    What I'm surprised about, and I know it would bring up memories of the prequels, is that Jabba didn't call him a "Slave" or a "pod-racer" since if he knows that Vader is a Jedi, I'm assuming that he knew about Anakin becoming a jedi at the end of the movie, or going off with him. Jabba wouldn't look too kindly on this...and again with the damn sand people? Seriously! Jerks they are but man stop culling them vader.
    The only people that know Vader is Anakin is Yoda, Obi-wan, and Palpatine. Tarkin also heavily suspects it. That's it

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

^ Where was it established that Tarkin suspects it?

I loved this. The conversation between Vader and Palpatine was so compelling to me and something I've wanted to see since being introduced to the original trilogy as a kid. Like Vader, I'm also very curious about the guy Palpatine was chatting with...

Larraca really brought his A-game here. This is the best I've seen from him. His action scenes could use work though. The palace fight scene was kinda bleh.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

It was a good book...I originally didnt intend to get it, but was tempted at the last minute...I liked it and will check out the next issue before adding to any pull list though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    Wait. You are counting two-page spreads as single pages? That is a bit unfair. For many, spreads are MORE exciting than single pages, not a waste of a page.
    I just counted again and I was off by 2 pages. My bad. 30 pages for 5 dollars still seems steep to me.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I just counted again and I was off by 2 pages. My bad. 30 pages for 5 dollars still seems steep to me.
    It is steep....they are trying to profit from the hype of the new movie....the next issue will be 3.99.....I wish comics would go back to .75 when i was a kid!

I enjoyed it, the artwork was fantastic and the story was decent. I liked seeing the Emperor talking down to Lord Vader.
    I'll stick with it for a few issues for sure

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Like Vader, I'm also very curious about the guy Palpatine was chatting with...
    Yeah, that dude looks like he had a Rodian eye grafted onto his face...

I loved this. The conversation between Vader and Palpatine was so compelling to me and something I've wanted to see since being introduced to the original trilogy as a kid. Like Vader, I'm also very curious about the guy Palpatine was chatting with...

Larraca really brought his A-game here. This is the best I've seen from him. His action scenes could use work though. The palace fight scene was kinda bleh.
    In the old EU he out right knew Vader was Anakin and in the new novel starring him I believe Tarkin states he knew in the new continuity as well.

Fantastic Member

http://www.amazon.com/Tarkin-Star-Wa...eywords=Tarkin

If you loved Darth Vader #1 you should definitely read the novel you'll love it.
    Last edited by Wally West; 02-15-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I will take that challenge on Friday.
    Wait, what ... you've never seen a Star Wars film!?

For real?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm late but I'm still happy. Gillen did not disappoint and the artwork was amazing.

So following this.