Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanos Vs. Hulk #3 Spoilers (More like Blastaar vs Hulk: Blast vs Smash!!!)

spoilers:

It starts with Banner still unconscious while Annihilus is lying down on an operating table with Blastaar and Dr. Bultar standing by. Bultar states that the substance they seek only appears for a brief window of time when Banner transforms. He does so and with the substance extracted, operation Annihilus begins starting with the removal of the carapace starting with his face. (Can you say ewwww)

The substance, the Cosmic Control Rod, and Annihilus all begin to react with each other and he begins to cry out in pain and some cosmic energy nearly flash fries Pip who has been spying on them from the ducts. Bultar tells Blastaar not to remember Annihilus’ cries of pain to which the latter retorts “what cries”? Annihilus stands up looking like a hulking gargoyle.

Pip sneaks down and removes the cerebral inhibitor from the Hulk, who finally decides to wake up and SMASH!!!!!

Blastaar blasts him out of the building, calls for back-up, and puts on his flight boots. Annihilus wants Bultar to finish implanting his carapace back on him. (Guess he feels naked without it? ) Meanwhile poor Pip is out cold.

Blastaar and Hulk throw down. More like Blastaar stays out of the Hulk’s range and blasts him with his cosmic energy. The Annihilation Wave appears and get decimated. Blastaar is beside himself watching it.

Bultar finishes putting the carapace on Annihilus while Pip wakes up from his impromptu nap.

Blastaar compares Hulk to fish in a barrel. But as the Hulk eloquently puts it: “This fish had enough!” “This fish smash!” and he smashes the ground under a building and the tremor sends it hurtling towards Blastaar who is unable to dodge it.

As Blastaar attempts to get up, Hulk punches his face into the pavement. The now souped up Annihilus appears to face off with the Hulk.
    end of spoilers

“I assume that you’re experiment was a success, Doctor Bultar. Because all of you now look so… Insignificant.”

I like some of the lines Starlin has been giving Annihilus throughout this mini.

Also, I liked this one too:

Hulk: “Hulk hates Bugs!”
    Blastaar: “And the Annihilation Wave hates resistance!”

I would have liked Hulk to do some thunder claps so maybe next issue hopefully?

After last issue, I’m sure you’ve figured out that this entire mini is more about setting up Starlin’s Infinity Relativity graphic novel where Annihilus is souped up rather than being an all out brawl between Hulk and Thanos.

So next issue: Angry Hulk vs Hulked out Annihilus
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 02-13-2015 at 09:05 AM.

To better described how Hulk nailed Blastaar perhaps a visual will do. It was essentially a combination of the 1st and 3rd Hyper Combos with the target being a Large Building that got launched towards a Blastaar who was in mid-air.

BANNED

I'm getting this soon. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    I'm getting this soon. Can't wait.
    Have you had the chance to read it yet?

It was a fun read, can't wait to see the ultimate showdown in the next issue

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

My LCS gets very small shipments from Diamond. I didn't have this one on my pull list, but I've been picking it up where I can. There was one copy in yesterday's shipment, and I watched eagerly as the shopkeeper bagged up the new comics and started dividing them up--some went into the pull folders and some went out for display.

This issue, unfortunately, went into a pull folder.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

All in all it's good to see Annihilus get some respect again just like at Annihilation. I was always neutral him though I liked that he's a villain that's still a villain. I like that Starlin is injecting some arrogant humor to give him a little more personality.

BANNED

Very great and fun series. Might be a stupid question but will Thanos even be in the final issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Very great and fun series. Might be a stupid question but will Thanos even be in the final issue?
    He should I think, but maybe not in a major role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if while Annihilus and Hulk are duking it out, Thanos decides to steal more stuff from Annihilus. He already took data about the Negative Zone's offensive and defensive capabilities so maybe he could go after the power source(s) or something else equally or more valuable?

Nice issue, nice to see an outright Hulk brawl with no BS plot devices, depowering etc, been too long.

I get the feeling that next issue Thanos will swoop in a save the day.

I'd prefer Hulk to just unleash the Green Scar and have him beat Annihulus for thinking he can handle the Hulk's power, but I don't see that happening.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

A fun issue. This one read to me more like a traditional Hulk story than much else. Lack of Thanos was sort of an eyebrow raiser given the title of the series. Maybe Hulk will have to work together with him in some fashion to overcome this new threat in the end. Worthwhile series imo.
    I make love, you make me sick.

This has been fun! I can't wait to see how it finishes. I'm also waiting for the last part of Thanos Rising to show up in my mailbox so I can see the end of that great story as well

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    A fun issue. This one read to me more like a traditional Hulk story than much else. Lack of Thanos was sort of an eyebrow raiser given the title of the series. Maybe Hulk will have to work together with him in some fashion to overcome this new threat in the end. Worthwhile series imo.
    It was originally just going to be a short-run on the Savage Hulk series but editorial had a change of plans. Basically, it's set-up for Starlin's next graphic novel, The Infinity Relativity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    This has been fun! I can't wait to see how it finishes. I'm also waiting for the last part of Thanos Rising to show up in my mailbox so I can see the end of that great story as well
    This comic is better than Thanos Rising IMO.