Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Batman Trades and Harcovers You Got Recently

What Batman collections did you get recently?

I put an order in on amazon for the 3rd knightfall collection that came out a little while ago.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Found a copy of Absolute Dark Knight and Batman: Vampire the other day, as well as No Man's Land vol. 3 and 4 online.

Picked up Death of the Family paperback last week. Been waiting for it for almost a year, when I started getting into comics more seriously. Also I prefer paperbacks, which is why I waited so long.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Recently got Batman '66 Vol. 1, Gotham by Gaslight and The Man who Laughs. I also had to replace my copies of Death in the Family and Batman: Knight of Vengeance. The first was in disrepair and the second went missing.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The new edition of Superman/Batman Vol. 1 collecting #1-13. It's a pretty big collection; a big bang for the buck.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

I grabbed the Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive trades. I know there's new editions, but I found them for, like, $8 at my local used book store and figured "Why Not?"
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Picked up Death of the Family paperback last week. Been waiting for it for almost a year, when I started getting into comics more seriously. Also I prefer paperbacks, which is why I waited so long.
    With the mask?

Picked up Gates of Gotham recently on sale, was pretty happy when I found it haha, should be a good read

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Found a copy of Absolute Dark Knight and Batman: Vampire the other day, as well as No Man's Land vol. 3 and 4 online.
    Damn i wanna get absolute dark knight.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

It was awesome, I had to be down in that part of the country for an exam (my university is 2 hours away from where I live by car), and I'd checked online to see if it was still in stock as I'd seen it there before. When I got there I couldn't spot it and asked if it was still available, and the guy says it's damaged so it's not on the shop floor. I asked to see it, the damage is superficial and not nearly bad enough to bother me, and I end up getting over a third off too. Had I just popped in to look for it, I'd've presumed it was sold, so it was good to know it was there.

Started reading it last night when it hit me I've not read it in YEARS. I think it was my first TPB, actually, back in the day. Really nice volume.

Spectacular Member

Batman and Robin vol 3 (new 52). Has my second favorite Damian issues (the annual). Very good trade, but perhaps a bit too thin (4 issues).

Gone a bit crazy on ebay lately. Picked up War Games 1-3, Gates of Gotham, Bruce Wayne Murderer & Fugitive 1-3. Also picked up Red Hood: Lost Days and a couple of Robin trades too.

I think I have a problem.

Incredible Member

Why would the obtaining of reprints be celebrated?

Seriously, as comic buyer and collector and fan, to say have managed to find and purchase something actually awe-inspiring, such as I myself have Batman #232 (1st app. Ra's Al Ghul) and #251 (Joker's Five-Way Revenge) or to say have Knightfall, I myself have Batman #491 to 497 and Detective Comics #659 to 663 (prelude, pts 1-12). To say you have gotten yourselves a reprint, means you have gotten yourselves a reprint.
    Last edited by ngroove; 05-17-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Why would the obtaining of reprints be celebrated?

Seriously, as comic buyer and collector and fan, to say have managed to find and purchase something actually awe-inspiring, such as I myself have Batman #232 (1st app. Ra's Al Ghul) and #251 (Joker's Five-Way Revenge) or to say have Knightfall, I myself have Batman #491 to 497 and Detective Comics #659 to 663 (prelude, pts 1-12). To say you have gotten yourselves a reprint, means you have gotten yourselves a reprint.
    Some people like reprints/trades, and why shouldn't they celebrate what they enjoy?

Still, it's a good question. It might even be worthy of its own thread...

Incredible Member

Picked up a second hand copy of Anarky yesterday. £3.