Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    ''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

The leather bound hardcover The Complete Frank Miller Batman (by Longmeadow Press) is probably the most beautiful edition of a Batman comic that I own. I just picked up the other Batman book from Longmeadow Press: The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told.

3111423.jpg

3920996.jpg
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Archie Goodwin batman - not my fave, pretty standard stuff.

Still waiting for a proper big/thick collection of Morrison batman. Intros, notes, concept art all of it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I just picked up the other Batman book from Longmeadow Press: The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told.

3111423.jpg

3920996.jpg
    There's a printing of that with gold leaf page edges.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Still waiting for a proper big/thick collection of Morrison batman. Intros, notes, concept art all of it
    It's gonna be REAL hard for DC to do it all or all correctly. So I custom bound it.

Issues for DC & readers:

a) Do you leave out Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul? Morrison wrote two whole issues of it (two issues that make no sense by themselves), with some father/son parallels and talk of possessing a man's body, and he throws in some Silver Age characters (the Insect Girls - Tiger Moth, Dragonfly, and Silken Spider).

b) How do you order B&R, RoBW, and 700-702 in the collection? ...they were meant to read all intermixed and we kinda know that because RoBW issues will refer to current events in B&R and vice versa (I used Chris Burnham's order that he posted on CBR here, closest to an official order we got and it makes sense)

c) Do you include Final Crisis? The post-RIP Last Rites Morrison issues were confirmedly (by Morrison) meant to be read as part of Final Crisis. That's why they are in the new edition of Final Crisis (the Absolute and softcover). You could try and say "Well, we can leave out Final Crisis because of 701-702" but then you're effectively saying that you're fine with the Last Rites issues (682 & 683) being separated from Morrison's stated placement within Final Crisis.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-16-2016 at 07:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It's not as if DC cares when issues are intermixed. Sometimes an annual is put at the end of an HC collection when it should be in a different place. When in a single volume I don't mind skipping back and forth.

Fantastic Member

I just got lois lain 59 been wanting it for so long brave and bold 77 lois lane 99 and lois lane 100 and worlds finest 251
    normally I would get tpb but you can't get these in tbp yet except brave and bold 77 I wish they would put more of the old stuff in tpb
    there's a few comics from the 40s and 50s I really want but can't afford 100 a comic is to much the highest I payed for one comic was 13

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hero talk View Post
    I just got lois lain 59 been wanting it for so long brave and bold 77 lois lane 99 and lois lane 100 and worlds finest 251
    normally I would get tpb but you can't get these in tbp yet except brave and bold 77 I wish they would put more of the old stuff in tpb
    there's a few comics from the 40s and 50s I really want but can't afford 100 a comic is to much the highest I payed for one comic was 13
    Agreed, DC is in the stone age when it comes to reprints compared to Marvel's collected editions

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    There's a printing of that with gold leaf page edges.
    Yes, and The Complete Frank Miller Batman has silver page edges. I don't know if there is a different printing for each book without the nice page edges?

5278053.jpg
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...