Super Moderator

Default Todd McFarlane Talks Paul Jenkins' "Spawn" Takeover, Latest on Film and Animation

Todd McFarlane discusses with CBR why Paul Jenkins was the right choice to take over "Spawn," along with updates on film and animation projects.

Full article here.

So THIS is why issue #1 is suddenly taking an upward spike in ebay sales. I kept wondering why in the world Spawn #1 (which has never been worth anything) was suddenly selling again!

Um he doesn't even mention Brian Wood?
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    Um he doesn't even mention Brian Wood?
    "I'm looking for writers, and I made a phone call to a handful of writers before settling on, originally it was Brian."
    "fast forward through, Brian doesn't work out, but in the time it doesn't work out, two or three months go by, all of a sudden Paul's schedule opens up."
    "He's pushing it a lot wider and faster than what Brian was originally going to do"

him spilling the tea on what happened between him and Brian was never going to happen...but he does mention him, at least.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 02-11-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    "I'm looking for writers, and I made a phone call to a handful of writers before settling on, originally it was Brian."
    "fast forward through, Brian doesn't work out, but in the time it doesn't work out, two or three months go by, all of a sudden Paul's schedule opens up."
    "He's pushing it a lot wider and faster than what Brian was originally going to do"

him spilling the tea on what happened between him and Brian was never going to happen...but he does mention him, at least.
    Oh, my bad. I only skimmed the article. I can't believe that I missed that. Thanks!
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    TShe's even more practical: "How much does that damn 'Spawn' comic book sell? If you had not written the last five issues of 'Spawn,' you would have had that script done." And she absolutely right. I go, "No, no, no -- 'Spawn' #250 was 60 pages. It could have almost come out of 'Spawn' #250.'"

Full article here.
    LOL, Maybe if Todd drew the comic it would sell a bit more? I don't know. I was looking through my Mcfarlane drawn Spider-man and Spawn comics today for the first time in years and the guy had the magic touch as an artist. Would love to have seen what a Jenkins story would look like drawn by Mcfarlane.

"Two of the guys I did phone were Grant Morrison, he was busy, and one of them was Paul, he was busy. " god dammit I knew it...I was really hoping for that

I don't get it. Isn't what Hine was doing what he asked for and he ended up hating it?

As much as im looking forward to Jenkins taking over, im a bit dissappointed that we were soooo close to Morrison.

Also yeah, the Hine thing.

I third the Hine thing. I don't know how many people liked what Hine did, but I did. Simply for the fact that it was what Todd was asking for, something different that he wouldn't have come up with. I don't know, McFarlane seems pretty sweet on Paul Jenkins so I will go along with the ride. I've been with the book since issue #1 and I haven't left yet.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 02-15-2015 at 01:10 PM.

When Hine was on it, it was the most acclaim and fan favorite it'd been in years since, especially since #100 was dropped. What sucks also is that a lot of people keep recommending that run but the trades are hardly anywhere to be found.