Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spider-man Trades and Hardcovers you got recently

What Spider-man Trades and Hardcovers did you get recently?

I picked up the spider-man by roger stern omnibus

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Same here, also got Cosmic Adventures, Next Chapter Vol. 1 and MMW 16 in the mail. Haven't got a chance to tuck into the Omnibus yet, but my final university exam is next Friday so I'll be on it from then. Did you do a review for it Gryph?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Same here, also got Cosmic Adventures, Next Chapter Vol. 1 and MMW 16 in the mail. Haven't got a chance to tuck into the Omnibus yet, but my final university exam is next Friday so I'll be on it from then. Did you do a review for it Gryph?
    I did

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2TYM48...wasThisHelpful

All-New Member

I haven't bought a Spider-Man trade in a very long time, after buying quite a few trades when I started getting back into comics in '05, I new prefer to stick to single issues. I thought about getting Spider-Man's mini-series' in trade but that never became anything more than just that, a thought. Haha.

I did buy Family Business, and would definitely by more original graphic novels.

I recently picked up the Gamestop and Convention Fanexpo variants of The Amazing Spider-Man 1#, first time I ever picked up a variant of a comic! So that was fun, not sure if that falls under the trades and hardcover category, but I figured it was still worth sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    What Spider-man Trades and Hardcovers did you get recently?

I picked up the spider-man by roger stern omnibus
    Lift carefully. It's pretty heavy.
    I am not on MySpace. I am not on Facebook. I am not LinkedIn. I do not "Tweet." But I do have an Author's Page.

BANNED

Let's see...

Spider-Man: Cosmic Adventures

Spider-Man: The Original Clone Saga

Spider-Man: The Tarantula Saga (May not be the right name. Forgive me, going from memory and the comic is somewhere packed away)

Marvel Masterworks Spider-Man (Not sure of the volume, but it starts with the Spider-Man vs John Jameson issue, and also features the first appearance of MJ)

Spider-Man & The New Warriors: The Hero Killers

Spider-Man: The Return of the Hobgoblin

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Stern View Post
    My birthday is around the corner and been dropping this title for the wife.

My recent purchases - Cosmic Adventures, Next Chapter 1-3. Untold Tales Omnibus, Gathering of Five (mostly because of Spider-girl ties to it). In addition to my job I sell abstract paintings on the side. That side $$ is comic money.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Stern View Post
    Indeed. it makes a good weapon

...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar

Spider-Man: The Death of Jean DeWolff was on sale so I picked that up. I never read this storyline or the sequel so I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Indeed. it makes a good weapon
    Six pounds and 14 ounces.
    I am not on MySpace. I am not on Facebook. I am not LinkedIn. I do not "Tweet." But I do have an Author's Page.

Motor City Comic Con was this past weekend, and I am even more of a broke college instructor than ever, so I didn't pick up as much as I'd have liked.

However! I did buy the first collection of Slott's Big Time run; I want to say it's the "ultimate" or "complete" line - something of that nature. Regardless, it's essentially the first third of the run and it's pretty enjoyable, especially as I know it's only going to get better. (You can tell that Slott is slowly ramping things up, although the death of Marla makes for a good climax for this part of the run.) I was excited to get this, as I enjoyed the majority of the Brand New Day era and Slott's writing in general.

-Pav, who loves the current Silver Surfer series...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

AmazingSpiderMan229

Just recently picked up the Superior Series as trade paper back and Death of the Stacys . . . I have been backed up with comic reading for so long !

Slightly off topic but wondering if anyone here knows: I would love to get some/all of the Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man series digitally. I own all the comics but would love to pickup a bunch of them when there is a .99 cent sale sometime but I still don't see many issues other than a few later issues that tied into events. Does anyone know if Marvel will get around to offering these digitally?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If we're talking recently as in so far this year, I got Superior Carnage and Scarlet Spider Vol. 3: The Big Leagues and Vol. 4: The Hunt. Superior Carnage was to complete my collection of Carnage TPBs (Carnage: Family Feud, Carnage U.S.A., and Minimum Carnage) and the Scarlet Spider volumes effectively completed my Scarlet Spider collection (#1, #3, #4, #6-9, #12-16, #12.1, #21, and #25 in singles and Scarlet Spider Vol. 1: Life After Death and Minimum Carnage including the issues I missed from the first year). Going to the last months of last year, I got the Spider-Man 2099 TPBs, the Spider-Island TPB, and a few Ultimate Spider-Man volumes (Learning Curve, Carnage, and Ultimate Knights).
    The spider is always on the hunt.