Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Rucka's run was awesome but now what I see is just more of the same.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Rucka's run was awesome but now what I see is just more of the same.
    I can see that but I do not mind a bit of repetition when it can build characters. Also there is only so much you can do with the teen mutant traveling with space pirates thing especially when it has to tie in with Black Vortex and then probably wrap up with Tyke back with the O5. I have really been impressed with Layman carrying on the same theme as Rucka but in my opinion increasing the fun and adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I can see that but I do not mind a bit of repetition when it can build characters. Also there is only so much you can do with the teen mutant traveling with space pirates thing especially when it has to tie in with Black Vortex and then probably wrap up with Tyke back with the O5. I have really been impressed with Layman carrying on the same theme as Rucka but in my opinion increasing the fun and adventure.
    I guess the fact that things will come to an end soon gives me the impression that everything that's going on will lead to nothing. Know what I mean?

I like Layman and I think there was room for a discussion regarding the adult Scott issue in the middle of all this. I wished Christopher would be the one to tell Tyke that adult Scott is not the evil guy everybody is drawing and that he wasn't there when he needed.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Alternatively, Tyke will learn something Cyke hasn't learned: don't be so trusting/forgiving
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    OOhhh. Could this be the dawn of take no s$%ts Cyclops?
    Nah. the x-office wouldn't do that to Prof K, would they?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Nah. the x-office wouldn't do that to Prof K, would they?
    Bendis is on his way out-- meaning, K's plot armor is wearing out, too!

(Yeah...wishful thinking '_')
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    I guess the fact that things will come to an end soon gives me the impression that everything that's going on will lead to nothing. Know what I mean?

I like Layman and I think there was room for a discussion regarding the adult Scott issue in the middle of all this. I wished Christopher would be the one to tell Tyke that adult Scott is not the evil guy everybody is drawing and that he wasn't there when he needed.
    There was issue 3 I think, in wich corsair told tyke that cyke got to that point because he lost faith, and he was seeing the same in him, BUt overall I don't think that corsair has all the facts since he was supossed to be dead (Or away) by the time all of that happened. From their interactions (a few) tyke didn't seem to see his older self as an evil guy, but he already stated that he doesn't want to become him

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Bendis is on his way out-- meaning, K's plot armor is wearing out, too!

(Yeah...wishful thinking '_')
    Let's just hope the next X writers sends tyke in an interesting direction, instead of back to his own time

Incredible Member

Hehe, good issue. Also, I like the turn of events for Vileena. The full force of her vengeance was felt in the rifle butt.
    Cyclops (2014-) 010-019 - Copy.jpg
    Cyclops (2014-) 010-019.jpg
    Last edited by XchaiX; 02-12-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Hehe, good issue. Also, I like the turn of events for Vileena. The full force of her vengeance was felt in the rifle butt.
    Cyclops (2014-) 010-019 - Copy.jpg
    Cyclops (2014-) 010-019.jpg
    Awww, they're bonding.

Best X-book going. Another great issue.

This issue was especially satisfying. For years, one of the biggest knocks against Cyclops was how he treated Madelyne Pryor after Jean Grey came back. I can understand that sentiment, even though I think it wasn't nearly as egregious as it was made out to be. She was a clone for crying out loud. But in this issue, those people who criticized Cyclops have to at least concede that O5 Cyclops did the right thing. He did the exact opposite of what his older counterpart did. He didn't just ditch Vileena and the rest of the crew. He could've and probably should've. But he didn't. And I think that reflects the old boy scout persona that we haven't seen in a long time. And I thought it was immensely satisfying.

This series just keeps finding new ways to be awesome. It hasn't missed a beat since Greg Rucka left. It has put O5 Cyclops in so many difficult positions, but it always seems to bring out the best in him. This was no exception and it'll be interesting to see how he deals with a very upset Vileena in the next issue. Sadly, I have a feeling that this series' days are numbered. I have a feeling pretty much every solo series is getting relaunched after Secret Wars. But for now, I want to enjoy this book while it lasts. I did a full review of it on my blog that I posted way late, but it's up and it was totally worth writing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This issue was especially satisfying. For years, one of the biggest knocks against Cyclops was how he treated Madelyne Pryor after Jean Grey came back. I can understand that sentiment, even though I think it wasn't nearly as egregious as it was made out to be. She was a clone for crying out loud. But in this issue, those people who criticized Cyclops have to at least concede that O5 Cyclops did the right thing. He did the exact opposite of what his older counterpart did. He didn't just ditch Vileena and the rest of the crew. He could've and probably should've. But he didn't. And I think that reflects the old boy scout persona that we haven't seen in a long time. And I thought it was immensely satisfying.

This series just keeps finding new ways to be awesome. It hasn't missed a beat since Greg Rucka left. It has put O5 Cyclops in so many difficult positions, but it always seems to bring out the best in him. This was no exception and it'll be interesting to see how he deals with a very upset Vileena in the next issue. Sadly, I have a feeling that this series' days are numbered. I have a feeling pretty much every solo series is getting relaunched after Secret Wars. But for now, I want to enjoy this book while it lasts. I did a full review of it on my blog that I posted way late, but it's up and it was totally worth writing.
    Did Layman have that in mind?

What you said makes complete sense and I didn't see it that way at first. Good point.

Glad so many people are enjoying the series, too.
    This issue was especially satisfying. For years, one of the biggest knocks against Cyclops was how he treated Madelyne Pryor after Jean Grey came back. I can understand that sentiment, even though I think it wasn't nearly as egregious as it was made out to be. She was a clone for crying out loud.
    He [and we] didn't know about Maddie being a clone at the time. The poor man was highly emotional and confused at Jean's return. Leaving Maddie was a mistake but he soon came to his senses and went back only to find her and baby Cable Sinistered.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Relaunch? So Tyke might have a chance for another volume??

Cyclops: The Vileena Chronicles or Cyclops: Vileena's Wrath
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

...and the hopes got up.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Cyclops: The Vileena Chronicles or Cyclops: Vileena's Wrath
    Cyclops & The Starjammers
    Cyclops & Cyclops
    Last edited by nx01a; 02-16-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'