Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Saw this, and thought it might be worth sharing here: http://40.media.tumblr.com/185cd6e37...of1o1_1280.jpg
    So JMS was dealing with the same concerns pre-BND.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Considering how the book was heading towards One More Day… yeah, can't say I blame him.

I'm just concerned about the lack of MJ. Like power her up or something and put her in a title. I feel like they are wasting such an iconic character whose appearences are determined when she's useful to Peter's stories and even then she's not in character.

All-New Member

Couples who are deeply passionately in love, who weathered storm after storm... still break up for good sometimes. And then they move on. Neither Peter nor MJ would curl up in a ball and give up on life. That's not who they are.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

MJ always ran a nightclub and spent most of her free time sitting around all melancholy in bed and Peter was always distant from his family and longtime friends, ran a tech corp, lived with Anna Maria, thoughtlessly jumped in bed with whatever girl was available and generally put his needs before others. Nothing out of character as far as I can see.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Perhaps out of character isn't the term I'd use but they definitely feel like pale imitations of their former selves. But that's just me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Couples who are deeply passionately in love, who weathered storm after storm... still break up for good sometimes. And then they move on. Neither Peter nor MJ would curl up in a ball and give up on life. That's not who they are.
    True, but breaking up "for good" is'nt who they are either. Not with their history. Spider-Girl's whole take on the family was that they never gave up, not in any hour of need.

It's apparent also MJ did'nt "move on" either as she just latched onto "Diet Peter" for the sake of creating further will-they/won't-they tension for later down the road.

A lot of real life couples can seperate or divorce and spend years apart trying to "move on", failing at it (or getting into loveless relationships/marriages, which again is good source for drama in fiction), and then get back together upon realizing their mistake, Peter and MJ will not be broken up "for good"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perhaps out of character isn't the term I'd use
    It's definitely the term I would use. That bit in Spider-Verse with UK being meta about Peter possibly being a "pale reflection" even seems to agree with me
    Last edited by R.K.Z; 02-25-2015 at 05:01 AM.