Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Titania turning herself in just to keep her man from wondering and throwing the fight for girl power was lame. Yeah! right What utter crap!!!! I enjoyed everything but Thor and if it wasnt for Odin, Odinson, Freyja, Sif and the family drama this would have been it for me. Truly.
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-12-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Another reason I want the mysterious identity issue dealt with is that I am certain Rosalind Solomon is the new Thor and she is an agent of SHIELD. I'd like to see how she plans on keeping her secret safe while still collecting a paycheck. Another thing is, she is not-so-certainly Odinson's new love interest. How is she going to keep that flame burning knowing how Odinson might react to discovering she took the hammer? Assuming she cares to further a romantic relationship with Odinson, that is.

Edit: and it can't be Jane Foster because she is battling cancer but she is dead set against using magic to help her. She simply won't do it. Also, she wouldn't have laid a big smooch on Odinson in the Roxxon plant because she had already decided to move on (see her conversation with Freya after leaving Broxton) and she accepts Roz Solomon as Odinson's "new girlfriend."
    I too think she is Roz, but I'm interested to know why she is so adamant on keeping it a secret. Perhaps, it's simply because Odinson won't be best pleased with her when he finds out but it seems like Aaron is hinting at something more than that.

The line on the moon - 'not to mention what you're doing to my...' - just before Freya arrives seems like an obvious hint/red herring towards Jane Foster's cancer, but is something up with Roz or was she just going to think something generic like 'body' or 'physique?'

Another thing worth thinking about in this issue is the way JA plays with the idea of multiple Thors and Thor equivalents. He is expanding the idea of what Thor is or can be though example.

We have Thor herself who is perhaps Freya's Thor, Odinson who was Odin's Thor, Creel who was effectively Loki's Thor in his origin & Titania and Creel were both bearers of the Serpent's hammer and as such are each Cul's Thor.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'm half wondering if there's something wrong with Odin. There's this line, and I'm not sure if it's a throwaway one, or if it is meaningful..

image.jpg

Seeing as he's just made an obviously awful decision, could Cul be magically influencing him in some way? He's awfully powerful too. Just a theory.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I'm half wondering if there's something wrong with Odin. There's this line, and I'm not sure if it's a throwaway one, or if it is meaningful..

image.jpg

Seeing as he's just made an obviously awful decision, could Cul be magically influencing him in some way? He's awfully powerful too. Just a theory.
    Well if we stick to the feminist subtext of the whole series then perhaps Odin is no longer omnipotent in and of himself, without the All-Mother standing equally alongside him.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-12-2015 at 05:30 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    I too think she is Roz, but I'm interested to know why she is so adamant on keeping it a secret. Perhaps, it's simply because Odinson won't be best pleased with her when he finds out but it seems like Aaron is hinting at something more than that.

The line on the moon - 'not to mention what you're doing to my...' - just before Freya arrives seems like an obvious hint/red herring towards Jane Foster's cancer, but is something up with Roz or was she just going to think something generic like 'body' or 'physique?'
    Surely whomever it may be must be able to travel easily to the moon and back. (Talking of such, great choice of art for your picture by the way. That spread in Tintin is one of the most iconic moments in Comics IMO.)

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

image.jpg

The only thing wrong with Odin is that Aaron has decided make him a sexist strawman in order to prop up his new Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Surely whomever it may be must be able to travel easily to the moon and back. (Talking of such, great choice of art for your picture by the way. That spread in Tintin is one of the most iconic moments in Comics IMO.)
    Well Roz has (access to) a SHIELD flying car, so she could definitely get there. What SHIELD think/would think of all this is a different question.

Jane could theoretically get there using Asgardian magic, but Odin mentions that Heimdall can't see who she is, and surely he would be aware of any comings and goings via the Bifrost?

(And thanks. I would love for someone to draw a modern superhero comic in Ligne Claire, has anyone tried that before?)

BANNED

Well Roz has (access to) a SHIELD flying car, so she could definitely get there. What SHIELD think/would think of all this is a different question.

Jane could theoretically get there using Asgardian magic, but Odin mentions that Heimdall can't see who she is, and surely he would be aware of any comings and goings via the Bifrost?

(And thanks. I would love for someone to draw a modern superhero comic in Ligne Claire, has anyone tried that before?)
    Jane should already be on the moon because she left earth with the Asgardians. Roz has a flying car but then I don't recall seeing any parked cars around. I think the reason Heimdall can't see who it is behind the mask is because of Mjolnir's interference. I suppose it could be someone else at work here but I have no clue as to who could be powerful enough to hinder all of Odin's soothsayers and Heimdall.

All-New Member

This Odin portrayal is just ugh... The thrown fight felt out of character, but the Odinson/Sif conversation made me smile, and I've found I no longer care who the new Thor is... because each issue I'm told she's worthy of being Thor. Ok, ok I get it.

BANNED

So are Freyja and Odin competing to see who can appoint the most obviously evil advisor?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    This Odin portrayal is just ugh... The thrown fight felt out of character, but the Odinson/Sif conversation made me smile, and I've found I no longer care who the new Thor is... because each issue I'm told she's worthy of being Thor. Ok, ok I get it.
    Yeah, I thought the Odinson/Sif conversation was easily the best thing about the issue. They're in that odd place where even though they love each other, they both still acknowledge that they just can't make a relationship work. It was a funny, and felt real too, and both were even in character. Funny that they more more believable as a couple there, than they were when they were together.
    "Self has no time for this."

Astonishing Member

^^^Which is probably why I like them the most.

I shudder at Asgard's fate when the ruling couple are acting more childish trying to one up each other for the throne.

I know this is drifting off topic! IMO the closest we have right now is Jamie McKelvie, not in his composition but his line work is often criticised by people used to the more modern style for being thin and single weight. He is obviously great.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I thought the Odinson/Sif conversation was easily the best thing about the issue. They're in that odd place where even though they love each other, they both still acknowledge that they just can't make a relationship work. It was a funny, and felt real too, and both were even in character. Funny that they more more believable as a couple there, than they were when they were together.
    Yeah but when exactly did Thor and Sif break up?

I can't recall off the top of my head when it happened.