Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A severe lack of Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, Greg Wiseman, Andrea Romano, Duane McDuffie and other such stalwart talent needed to ensure quality product.
    Paul Dini is involved with both USM and Agents of SMASH, the latter more so.

Honestly, Marvel Animation has very different priorities right now. Stephen Wacker outright said on his blog that DTVs are not in the cards (and neither are hugs/kisses or an overall more mature mood). It's meh because they're writing down to their audience, instead of putting together good family shows that require the kids to pay attention and think.

Wacker runs Marvel Animation now after showrunning USM Season 3 but he still answers to Jeph Loeb who oversees Marvel TV, and Loeb wants the toons to be this way, so Wacker is obligated to make them that way.

Man of Action was let go from USM in favor of Wacker, and their influence has shrunk to "creative consultants" on Avengers Assemble for season 2. MOA has never been involved with Agents of SMASH.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Doubt they would do May "Mayday" Parker.

Better luck on a Spider-Gwen, Silk, or even Anya (If she's still herself after the Spideverse epilogue) getting the treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    Why is Marvel animation so "meh"?
    Because it's brought to us by the same mind responsible for OMD/OMIT.

I'd think it could be cool, but, "which" spider-girl are you talking about? Are you talking about "Mayday"? Spider-Gwen? Are you talking about Anya Corazon? A juvenile version of Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter? Keep in mind the changes that Disney made to Big Hero Six as a concept before they did the movie. So this can go in all sorts of directions. We'll see.

Ultimate Member

After seeing Big Hero 6, I trust Disney to make a good Spider-Girl movie MUCH more than I trust Marvel Animation. So if they were doing it, then I'd be all for it.

Astonishing Member

What would be a good Spider-Girl move is the fact that she related to Spider-Man and The Black Widow. This would be and excellent movie as it would link the Black Widow and Spider-Man together in the eyes of the audience.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@ lone_wolf: Thanks for explaining to me the same thing I typed (If Disney more likely 3d, if Marvel more likely 2d) and bombarding me Wikipedia information but was their a question you were asking me in that? I'm not sure what to say to this.
    I make love, you make me sick.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

If this ever got off the ground, it could possibly turn into a franchise. Characters like Normie and April strike me as very marketable.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Amazing Member

This would be really awesome. Such a great idea, and actually Disney always had the animated rights btw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd think it could be cool, but, "which" spider-girl are you talking about? Are you talking about "Mayday"? Spider-Gwen? Are you talking about Anya Corazon? A juvenile version of Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter? Keep in mind the changes that Disney made to Big Hero Six as a concept before they did the movie. So this can go in all sorts of directions. We'll see.
    I was considering Mayday Parker Spider-girl and her "friends" in the MC-2 Universe to be pushed a bit and give Marvel and Disney an alternate option to the Avengers and the Missing X-men women.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I'm going to have to stop you there.

DC's recent animated fare has become pretty crap. I mean their TV work was fine to really good (Beware the Batman being the one recent exception), but their last 5 or so DTV's excluding the one with the Legion of Superheroes and the Time Trapper, have been at best mediocre.

Marvel's about the same level though. USM and Avengers have occasionally had good episodes, BUT they recycle so many of the same characters and the character development almost instantly regresses every other episode.

Hulk Agents of SMASH is just not good.
    Allow me to correct myself; I should have said DC has new cool looking animated features. I haven't seen them not being a huge DC guy myself, but I've heard great things about Flashpoint Paradox(keep forgetting to watch it). I can't speak to the quality of the films, but I'm impressed that they've adapted several different newer stories based on comics stories & even based in the Arkham world(no Marvel game has touched Batmans' in the last decade, either).

By contrast, I fell asleep on Ironman & Hulk: Heroes United. The Marvel Anime stuff looks kinda cool but I'm really interested in more american animated features based on comic book stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    Allow me to correct myself; I should have said DC has new cool looking animated features. I haven't seen them not being a huge DC guy myself, but I've heard great things about Flashpoint Paradox(keep forgetting to watch it). I can't speak to the quality of the films, but I'm impressed that they've adapted several different newer stories based on comics stories & even based in the Arkham world(no Marvel game has touched Batmans' in the last decade, either).

By contrast, I fell asleep on Ironman & Hulk: Heroes United. The Marvel Anime stuff looks kinda cool but I'm really interested in more american animated features based on comic book stories.
    I think it is great that DC is doing a lot of 1:1 adapting. That kind of thing has and could continue to be a lot of fun, BUT I do feel that the overall quality has declined, and I think a big part of that is the particular films they've chosen to adapt recently and the fact that they have to squeeze them into a sub-obptimal run time. The animation in general is fine. The voice acting changes from film to film, but the writing is what's declined the most in their recent films.

As far as Marvel animated films/anime, I agree that the Iron Man/Hulk film shouldn't have happened. The first footage I saw of that just looked like a bad idea, but I rather enjoyed the Black Widow/Punisher anime with the huge exception of the Avengers even being remotely involved. They had no place in that film whatsoever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Because it's brought to us by the same mind responsible for OMD/OMIT.
    Joe Quesada doesn't make Marvel cartoons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Paul Dini is involved with both USM and Agents of SMASH, the latter more so.

Honestly, Marvel Animation has very different priorities right now. Stephen Wacker outright said on his blog that DTVs are not in the cards (and neither are hugs/kisses or an overall more mature mood). It's meh because they're writing down to their audience, instead of putting together good family shows that require the kids to pay attention and think.

Wacker runs Marvel Animation now after showrunning USM Season 3 but he still answers to Jeph Loeb who oversees Marvel TV, and Loeb wants the toons to be this way, so Wacker is obligated to make them that way.

Man of Action was let go from USM in favor of Wacker, and their influence has shrunk to "creative consultants" on Avengers Assemble for season 2. MOA has never been involved with Agents of SMASH.
    Loeb is without a doubt the big problem with Marvel animation. When Wacker was moving to that side of Marvel I quietly hoped he would be replacing Loeb outright, but Loeb has his hooks in quite deep it seems.

To Loeb's credit, we are getting what looks like quality Marvel TV shows through the Netflix deal and Agent Carter has been a lot of fun. Agents of SHIELD can also be entertaining at times.

That said, Marvel Animation needs to be freed from the reigns of his tyranny. EMH is still head and shoulders over anything Marvel's done since then.

Lively and Optimistic lone_wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    @ lone_wolf: Thanks for explaining to me the same thing I typed (If Disney more likely 3d, if Marvel more likely 2d) and bombarding me Wikipedia information but was their a question you were asking me in that? I'm not sure what to say to this.

Wait what? Sorry don't understand this response lol. I was sharing what I personally know since I'm involved in the industry and am quite familiar with the time frame of things. I'm currently in this predicament myself. No harm done though.

In other words, it wouldn't be so feasible for WDFA to even consider it much less Marvel Animation. Or rather, think of it as a pros and cons list which also consisted of the differences in writing styles that make each Disney Feature film slightly different from each other.

--Wolfie
    Last edited by lone_wolf; 02-12-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Visual Development and Storyboard Portfolio
    http://www.imxprs.com/free/wolfie74/mj

"Animators are actors with pencils"
    --Glen Keane