Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At the time you could argue T'Challa concealing what was going on from Shuri was an act of treason I suppose. Certainly after Infinity a lot of people weren't happy with him.

But after the time jump Shuri and what little we see left of Wakanda seem okay with T'Challa. So I think by that point he told them everything (no reason to keep anything a secret as far as I can tell) and everyone seemed cool with him.

I think more than anything it was just a matter of him being honest with them, as I suspect Shuri and Wakanda would have supported whatever decision he had made, like they did in AvX, if they truelly understood what was going on.
    If he did tell them it was probably more along the lines that more important things were happening and they needed all the help they could get. That would be more in line with the charatrzation we seen with the characters this far. But after then T'Challa would more than likely be subjected to some form of Justice due to the blame being on his shoulders as much as the Cabals.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they were nuclear bombed into oblivion with everyone else on that island. anyway, t'challa can't have genosha. it's still magnet's property.

i think t'challa should honestly take a break from being a world leader. this is the second time in as many years that he have done something to put his people in danger. let someone else rule what's left of the wakandas for a while.
    Black Panther is a bit like Thor in that he always leaves his country to protect it, and his people belly ache that he's never there. "You like them more than us". I suppose if BP was more like Black Bolt, he'd never leave, and Wakanda wouldn't have got involved with AVX, and all he'd do is call the Illuminati to take care of Black Swan, and for them to leave him alone.

As it was, Black Panther was immersed in the world of the super heroes, and as a consequence Thanos wanted to destroy Wakanda in particular. I don't know if BP would have had a better outcome for his country if he just shut up and didn't invite the FF to his country in the first place? Do we consider BP a juvenile for trying to impress the FF? Does this point to BP being arrogant for thinking he is better than everybody else? Is this why Wakanda was put in this disastrous position it is in now? Or can we point to a more heroic aspect of the BP who wore disaster for his Kingdom as a price for involvement in his world?
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-14-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Eh....Shuri can't be blamed for the poor decisions of her brother. Espeicially, if she had no clue what was going on behind the scenes.

In some ways T'Challa not telling her what he was doing at the magintude of what was going on could be seen as an act of treason. To a degree. To bad she will never get the whole story now that she is dead. She may have put T'Challa on Wakanda trial or something.
    Actually, I saw Shuri as a very heroic character, when she bowed down before T'Challa and took responsibility as the Queen of Wakanda and took on the forces of the Cabal to die in battle. That was spectacular. T'Challa could have taken back the Kingship and saved his sister, or, she could have relingquished the post to T'Challa again and let him fight and die for Wakanda. But no. Shuri took the leadership role and her brother watched her do it. He didn't try to stop her, and he knew she might never come back and he would never see her again, (Except as a ghost in Necropolis). As the Ultimate act of her reign I thought it was one of the most impressive I've seen, when she could have stepped away from it. It just goes to show what the Kingship role is, in that the person doesn't matter, but that the role has to be carried out, like a puppet to the Kingship position.

Astonishing Member

A few facts that seem to be omitted by some.

1) All of the weapons and villians were hidden in Necropolis. Shuri knows what happens in her kingdom

2)Necropolis is Tchalla's kingdom., there is no one in Necropolis.

3)Shuri exiled TChalla for his dealings with Namor awhile ago, so which further points to Necropolis not being apart of Wakanda.

Spectacular Member

1) Cabal promises to save Everyone Else if they give them Wakanda.
    2) Everyone Elsewhich has no love Wakanda and owe no allegiance to Wakanda via treaties or good will goes "All yours bro".
    3) Cabal either smashes Wakanda then or has already smashed Wakanda before asking permission and due to Wakanda's isolation policy no one really hears anything about the atrocities.
    4) Heroes try to intervene but are restrained by World Governments or are flat out too late because the Cabal had already blitzed Wakanda to the ground before appearing to the U.N to "ask for permission".

Captain America and SHIELD becoming buddy buddy is a two edge sword. On the one hand they are an ultra efficient protective force. On the other hand it makes the Avengers bound by SHIELD jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadnar17 View Post
    2) Everyone Elsewhich has no love Wakanda and owe no allegiance to Wakanda via treaties or good will goes "All yours bro".
    3) Cabal either smashes Wakanda then or has already smashed Wakanda before asking permission and due to Wakanda's isolation policy no one really hears anything about the atrocities.
    4) Heroes try to intervene but are restrained by World Governments or are flat out too late because the Cabal had already blitzed Wakanda to the ground before appearing to the U.N to "ask for permission".

Captain America and SHIELD becoming buddy buddy is a two edge sword. On the one hand they are an ultra efficient protective force. On the other hand it makes the Avengers bound by SHIELD jurisdiction.
    Thanks for the insights 1-4. It will be nice to find out which one it was.

Avengers incorporated into SHIELD just authorises the super heroes in an official Organization. The Avengers flirted with SHIELD as far back as Tony Stark being DoS, and continued from there. It just follows the line from vigilante to authorised official, but it is the exact thing Cap had originally resisted in Civil War. It just puts a line under Steve Rogers changed concept of what super heroes can do in a modern world. The reality is, super heroes as a concept is not applicable now, so they get absorbed into whatever structure that makes them compatible in society. I wonder what that role is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadnar17 View Post

I consider it less a double edged sword and more the best of both worlds, for the simple reason that there are multiple Avenger teams. On one hand you've got Steve and the main Avengers gaining the benefits of having government aid and resources, and on the other you've got the Uncanny Avengers, the Mighty Avengers, and Sunspots team of New Avengers acting independently.