Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Part of the problem here is the overall story has not been set in Wakanda proper. We know it got hit by a tidal wave before this story starts and it is safe to assume it hasn't been fully repaired.

Then it is attacked in Infinity and its walls are breached. We see a part of the city in ruins as a backdrop to Proxima Midnight and we see Wakanda in flames in the background while Thanos walks in the Necropolis. Shuri talks about how the enemy "Made piles from the dead bodies to stand on and taunt us." Again it is safe to assume this was not quickly repaired.

The rest is presumably to at least be discussed in Avengers World but the population is reduced to 1309 after the time jump in the story and Wakanda is a yet again aflame.
    That's not entirely accurate ... there was a panel stating how Wakanda was basicly fully up in running after the Phoinex flooded Wakanda. It was only a few days/weeks that it occurred in universe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I didn't mean the books. I mean on this forum.
    What were you expecting? I'm sure you know which fans are doing it. Same old, same old.

I would rather know where else could the Illuminati have stored their weapons and enemies? Without alerting everyone, where they could have easy access to the weapons?
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So Atlantis, Attilan, and Wakanda are all gone. Is Latveria still standing?

Also, can someone tell Black Bolt to stop allowing Maximus to do... Anything?

That didn't help matters at all.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    What were you expecting? I'm sure you know which fans are doing it. Same old, same old.

I would rather know where else could the Illuminati have stored their weapons and enemies? Without alerting everyone, where they could have easy access to the weapons?
    There are probably other options... though Necropolis is as logical one as any. Maybe the most logical one. It does place Wakanda at risk. But it is a secure location with resources and out of prying eyes. I'm sure if we brain stormed we could think of a few other options... but if nothing else Necropolis is probably the easiest and most secure.

He was arguably a pretty handy guy to have around in Infinity. But certainly there's always a risk in dealing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    once again Wakanda is made out to be the bad guy.
    none of the wakandans are to be blamed.
    although t'challa indirectly painted a target on it by having the illuminati club house there and the WMDs too.
    the cabal wanted those bombs and i dont think shuri would give them up willingly

althought namor's revenge solicits might suggest he had something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    the big problem that lingers over my head

how was the might of wakanda not able to defeat the cabal in the first place
    namor with no phoenix powers alone can wreck any city in the 616.
    add a herald of galactus, 2 cosmic hard asses, black swan and that purple guy
    wakanda was in bad shape, and didnt have t'challa who's a very important military asset

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    somehow...latveria has the least vendetta juice for any illuminati/cabal member

blackbolt telling him anything verbally will kill him :P
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Atlantis is kinda iffy. We know that some Atlanteans survived and their city has been completely destroyed before... but it's sort of hard to tell how much is left.

Attilan is still around in Inhumans. They're not exactly at 100% I wouldn't say they're gone just yet.

Either way, I still say 3 or so years from now all of the above will be around good as new. That's just how comics works.

idk..in the middle of the ocean at an atlantean arms base?
    some offshore stark industries plant? attilan? the baxter building? dr strange's astral plane?
    there's plenty of places but i guess wakanda/necropolis suit's hickman's narrative better as he's planning to wipe out as much cities before TRO
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    some offshore stark industries plant? attilan? the baxter building? dr strange's astral plane?
    there's plenty of places but i guess wakanda/necropolis suit's hickman's narrative better as he's planning to wipe out as much cities before TRO
    There are ups and downs to really any location you choose.

Baxter Building for example has the wife and kids around. In the same way you might argue it's placing Wakanda in danger, you can say the same for Reed placing Franklin and Val in danger by placing it in his home. And as we're seeing in FF these days, the Baxter Buildering didn't quite end up being the most secure place in the world either.

Attilan in Infinity didn't exactly end up being the most secure place in the world either... in addition to having similar issues as placing it in Wakanda. At least Necropolis is somewhat removed from the Golden City.

There's no one perfect location. Just several with potential pro's and con's. They picked one... arguably the easiest and most secure.

It fit his narrative yeah.

I disagree with all of those though, except maybe Atlantis.

Stark and Reed's places are too well known; they'd be caught really quick by the hero community, especially for the people they were capturing. At the very least, Valeria would have caught on real quick if it was in the Baxter Building, and Stark always has security leaks.

Attilan didn't have the same amount of security, and hindsight is 20/20, but Infinity would have ruined everything right then and there.

And the astral plane isn't accessible except for Strange. Again, hindsight is 20/20, but that would have left them totally reliant on him. And with what went down with the Great Society, that would have left them relying on Doom or the Cabal at best.

If Black Panther didn't get involved, I think the Atlantean arms base could have worked, though it would have been compromised by Shuri most likely.

Possibly Blue Marvel's place too. If Hickman gave a damn about the character.

i'm answering through my phone and usually when i'm on it i just solely use dolphin emojis
    it sucks typing here

i'd like to know how you'd fit blue marvel in this, as i'm not too familiar with the character.

i'm answering through my phone and usually when i'm on it i just solely use dolphin emojis
    it sucks typing here

i'd like to know how you'd fit blue marvel in this, as i'm not too familiar with the character.
    Intellectual peer, and he would have helped a bundle in that Great Society fight, for instance. Much like Captain Britain would have.

Really secluded base of operations too, especially since most heroes/villains don't really know about him.

Probably would have avoided Strange going Chtullu on TGS' asses.

BANNED

The Illuminiaiti never really had much of a problem before with bases. They had a few abandon facilities and abandon Avengers bases in the orginal version. Heck with the combined resources of the group involve they could of had a fucntional base design specifically for them up in running in days if not a couple weeks with Stranges Magics involved and the combine wealth of everyone else. Hard to say that they couldn't considering Stark built a satlitle death ray the size of what looks like a small building , if not bigger, in a couple weeks all by his lonesomes.

This was the first time a member willfully desided to hold meetings at their "central" location.
    Last edited by Trident; 02-12-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    The Illuminiaiti never really had much of a problem before with bases. They had a few abandon facilities and abandon Avengers bases in the orginal version. Heck with the combined resources of the group involve they could of had a fucntional base design specifically for them up in running in days if not a couple weeks with Stranges Magics involved and the combine wealth of everyone else. Hard to say that they couldn't considering Stark built a satlitle death ray the size of what looks like a small building , if not bigger, in a couple weeks all by his lonesomes.

This was the first time a member willfully desided to hold meetings at their "central" location.
    They've already shown the ability to do this during TRO (thanks Steve).

But they have been compromised before, even when they had separate facilities (The Hood situation).