Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I'm not sure I understand the relevance to the Spider-woman series nor the implication that anyone's feelings over that my be misplaced. I'm going to assume you attempted to headline and inadvertently botched it (just like FOX News *wokka wokka!*)

Yeah that's cruddy though and there's all there is to say about. Someone needs to have a sit down with someone and give them a slap on the wrist. Even if a slip up things like that shouldn't even get past the radar in this day's social climate. Most bigots are ignorant, this is pretty well known. They just for any reason haven't been illuminated to the facts and carry a subconscious tick with them. Because it may be folly doesn't mean they shouldn't be taught the truth either. Like a person could for example make a ghost costume out of sheets for their child on Halloween and it accidentally resembles a Clan uniform. Just because they boned it doesn't mean they get to escape reprimand if for any reason that no one would want them repeating past mistakes.

I don't think the case here but awhile back I read a Punisher comic where Frank was brainwashed by a neo-Nazi and did something real horrible as a result. The follow up was pretty weak to be honest. Frank finds out, Frank get's pissed, let the slaughter begin. They were trying to be topical. I could see that but they really just didn't have it down. Sometimes I think while people would like for comics to address important issues we face in real life, maybe they shouldn't as the creators might not be capable of relaying the message in the proper artistic context. Just tossing that off my head while we have the subject up.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 02-12-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreen View Post
    Everyone wants to talk about the Spider-Woman cover and how sexual it was but no one is talking about this racial artwork in Punisher #15. The way Mitch Gerads draws the character Sidewinder is typical of how Blacks where drawn in the early 40's.
    Honestly, it looks fine to me. Look at it closely. He didn't draw the character with big lips. The colorist colored the big lips. If the colorist had colored the lips the same as the rest of the face, they wouldn't have stuck out like that.

Edit: I should have read the entire thread before posting Going by the rest of the drawings, it was more a colorist error, not even done on purpose.
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 02-12-2015 at 12:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    If I wasn't a Punisher completist I would have dropped this book after I saw this last week.
    Where are your principles?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Where are your principles?
    What principles are you talking about?

Its an offensive mistake but that's not going to stop me from supporting a character that I've loved since I got into comics. If it was any other character besides my favorites I would drop the book but not the Punisher.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    What principles are you talking about?

Its an offensive mistake but that's not going to stop me from supporting a character that I've loved since I got into comics. If it was any other character besides my favorites I would drop the book but not the Punisher.
    You've actually answered my question without realizing it.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-12-2015 at 05:56 PM.

I don't get it.

Extraordinary Member

That's just really bad...

BANNED

God damn it, I let these last couple of issues pile up and now I don't even wanna read em now

And folks wonder why there's a demand for people of color in editorial jobs it's to catch stuff like this

I love Frank but I'm out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    God damn it, I let these last couple of issues pile up and now I don't even wanna read em now

And folks wonder why there's a demand for people of color in editorial jobs it's to catch stuff like this

I love Frank but I'm out
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

I'm glad someone else gets it.

BANNED

Everyone wants to talk about the Spider-Woman cover and how sexual it was but no one is talking about this racial artwork in Punisher #15. The way Mitch Gerads draws the character Sidewinder is typical of how Blacks where drawn in the early 40's.
    That's... wow. Take that Black History Month, huh?

Some people are blaming the colorist for this. Mitch Gerads is the colorist for his artwork. This really needs to be amended when its collected in trade.

Some people are blaming the colorist for this. Mitch Gerads is the colorist for his artwork. This really needs to be amended when its collected in trade.
    I was curious who it was. Do you happen to know who the editor is? Most of them have some sort of social media or contact information. I agree it needs to be fixed when it goes to trade.

Astonishing Member

I can't believe people aren't seeing how outrageous the size of his lips is, this guys lips is literally the biggest feature on the entire body. It's not just the coloring, this guys lips complete overkill in size.

Someone color corrected it and it still looks horrible. It's not an issue with the color. The issue is with drawing lips the size of almost half the face.

Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

... geez. tacky. Who is the Sidewinder?