Thread: X-Men and DC

Fantastic Member

Default X-Men and DC

I remember last summer there was talk of 20th Century Fox and Warner Brothers merging and maybe DC movies crossing over with X-Men movies. I thought that might even open the door to WB/FOX maybe buying the rights to the X-Men comics. But I knew that would never happen. Still, I wonder how X-Men fans would feel if the X-Men were hypothetically bought by DC. After reading the Multiversity: Guidebook recently I thought that instead of having a two marvel analogue worlds (7 - Ultimate Marvel, 8 - 616 Marvel) it would be interesting for the X-Men to have their own DC Earth in the 52 Earth structure. Yes, this is a ridiculous thing to think about because Marvel would never sell the X-Men but I've always thought the X-Men would be better in their own universe rather than sharing the same one as the Avengers. And they wouldn't really fit in the regular DC Universe with Superman and the Justice League. So, how would X-Men fans feel about having one of the 51 DC Earths to call their own.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

BANNED

No. Just. No. Horrible, horrible idea. Ugh. NO.

No thanks lol

I would like it, because i dont know how would be possible that DC treated worse them than Marvel.

Besides, i think that the X-men would be better off dealing with the Joker and Darkseid than dealing with Steve Rogers and Maria Hill.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Nope. And them being in the same universe with the Avengers is great for them: it's like when you're hot and in the eyes of horny men you're even hotter because of your standing by your not so hot kinda friend.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I thought of this idea a couple of times. With the present climate of hostility towards mutants, i think it would be great if the X-men could have their own world in the new 52. Writers and artists finally being able to produce comics in a environment that is not negative and stagnant would be so refreshing. I enjoyed the previous cross-overs the X-men have had with D.C.. I'd be cool to see them in the DCU.

It is even worse then crossover with F4

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I loved this when I was 11. It would be cool if Teen Titans meet X . I'm only OK with the FoX-Men, so it would not bother me If they tried.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 02-17-2015 at 08:19 AM.

BANNED

Absolutely do not want. The X-Men are more Marvel to me than any other property.

*vomits* DC ruins so many properties, I would NOT watch that. I like DC, but no way are they touching anything Marvel without me being SERIOUSLY pissed off.
    Favorite characters: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Ozymandias, The Riddler, Hellboy, Renee Montoya.

Incredible Member

closest thing I remember of anything similar was during superman TAS where their x-men analogue had programmed volcana into a living weapon.

not a good sign.

Fantastic Member

If DC could legally get away with it, I'd be somewhat interested in seeing more of the not!Marvel world shown in the Countdown tie-in Lord Havok and the Extremists, which had its own X-Men version. That world settled the question of "Y ppl luv superhumans but hate mutants??" with all metahumans being hated and registered equally. I think a 1:1 transplant of the X-Men with their own X-World could end up like Wildstorm as a part of DC, where it ended up sanitized or at best feeling a bit "off". Though if it was pulled off well somehow I wouldn't complain.
    Last edited by Rising7; 02-17-2015 at 11:10 AM.