Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The best book currently being published. Monet, Rachel, and Betsy were dynamic as always. Makes me sad that Ms. Wilson won't be writing this book much longer. Both Guggenhein and she are absolutely amazing. I sincerely hope Rachel, Psylocke, and M are a team post SW and BW
    I liked Guggenhein's run too. Don't know why folks didn't like it, I thought the story telling was great. Sure, I get tired of seeing stories where the female character has to get pregnant for the plot, and Storms powers were dissed, but if the art was stronger on Gugg's run, as well as this one, those stories would have gone down in epic-ness history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    I liked Guggenhein's run too. Don't know why folks didn't like it, I thought the story telling was great. Sure, I get tired of seeing stories where the female character has to get pregnant for the plot, and Storms powers were dissed, but if the art was stronger on Gugg's run, as well as this one, those stories would have gone down in epic-ness history.
    As storm fan her being weakened and the lack of general understanding of her powers didn't bother me because that happens to storm all the time. What bothered me was the issues where kinda boring. I guess because Rachel isn't my favorite that's why but I felt like I was dragging through that entire run. This run one feels fun and exciting. I love how the individual issues are focusing on each character while not really down grading characters.I love the dynamic between each of the three psychics and how they use they're powers differently. I can't wait for Rachals part because I know it will be a homerun. The fact that I didn't really notice how bad the art says how much I love the writing. If there could be a book with just these four characters or one with just Monet, Rachel, and psylocke written by g. Willow wilson. I'd buy it and every variant cover in a heartbeat. Writers like her is what this book needed.

This is a great read.
    The character focus for each issue reminds me of Si Spurrier's first arc of X-Force which is great to know what's inside of each characters mind.
    Wilson also portrayed how different each psychic using their power. Never thought Psylocke-Monet-Rachel interaction would be this great. Kudos for that.
    But the art... Ugh.

Fantastic Member

Worst art team ever. Love the story though

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I feel like Rachel's part will be the best.
    Well, it is her rising as a Leader so she has to do good because any less isn't good enough and could get her team, that's trusting her despite her inexperience, killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    As storm fan her being weakened and the lack of general understanding of her powers didn't bother me because that happens to storm all the time. What bothered me was the issues where kinda boring. I guess because Rachel isn't my favorite that's why but I felt like I was dragging through that entire run. This run one feels fun and exciting. I love how the individual issues are focusing on each character while not really down grading characters.I love the dynamic between each of the three psychics and how they use they're powers differently. I can't wait for Rachals part because I know it will be a homerun. The fact that I didn't really notice how bad the art says how much I love the writing. If there could be a book with just these four characters or one with just Monet, Rachel, and psylocke written by g. Willow wilson. I'd buy it and every variant cover in a heartbeat. Writers like her is what this book needed.
    Her last arc really doesn't hit hard unless you read End of Greys, Rise and Fall of The Shi'ar Empire, and Emperor Vulcan. Her trip back to Earth in X-Men: Legacy isn't required. Personally I was satisfied that Rachel, even when she was justified for revenge, choose to spare the guy, and make him understand her pain she always feels, and is able to move on. Not a lot of characters get that kind of closure and character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The best book currently being published. Monet, Rachel, and Betsy were dynamic as always. Makes me sad that Ms. Wilson won't be writing this book much longer. Both Guggenhein and she are absolutely amazing. I sincerely hope Rachel, Psylocke, and M are a team post SW and BW
    Indeed, Wilson seems to be hitting it rather well lately. Don't think Wilson has been criticized for recent works either, generally people like what she's selling.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-13-2015 at 04:58 AM.

BANNED

Was Storm saved already on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Was Storm saved already on this issue?
    Storm wont be saved for a few more issues, I believe. She will be back for the finale though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Storm wont be saved for a few more issues, I believe. She will be back for the finale though.
    Waaaaa. So this is like the previous writer which had Storm sleeping for a while.

That's ok. I know Ms Wilson will give us something awesome for Storm. Hopefully.

Waaaaa. So this is like the previous writer which had Storm sleeping for a while.

That's ok. I know Ms Wilson will give us something awesome for Storm. Hopefully.
    Storm isn't KO'd, she'll have scenes in each issue leading to her getting over her issue and making it to the team which she put under Rachel's command. When Storm returns and **** hits the fan Rachel most likely, knowing she still has much to learn, will willingly let Storm, whose more experienced, take the lead against the big threat while giving back-up as her second and helping coordinate the team.

Rachel's gotten far as a Leader but she still has much more to go and any good Leader knows when to hand Leadership over - especially when she can still learn so much from Storm.

Incredible Member

Storm is going through her own thing i.e. She is not knocked out. She is just away from rest of team mates. However I would expect the narrating character to have larger roles in respective issue

Just got my copy...

First things first - the art looks rushed...very rushed. The only thing that saves it, is that loads of the sloppyness gets hidden by the shadows of the cavern. What a lucky break for the artist!

I like Jube's slight re-design (btw can we have a count for how many different looks she's had in this series?!).

The most pressing question of the hour though is...why does Hank look like a furry Abe Sapien?

As for the story: Enjoyable for the most part. Liked the focus on Psylocke and I appreciate Storm facing a problem she can't easily fix with her powers alone.

The old three telepath in a team problem crops up - why would two trained telepaths need a third to detect basic anger? (M seems to be getting used as the team brawler mostly) Wilson, though, isn't to blame for the weird, current power distribution in the team - at least she trying to find ways to work around it.

We're getting screwed by low page count, but what else is new? Maybe a bit more character interaction in the next issue, maybe build some relationships....all in all...an action romp and everyone mostly stayed in character.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 02-13-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I feel sorry for Krokoa throwing up like that, he's really not doing well.

I do miss Cece in this story though. She would have been a great addition to this squad of X-chicks.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Yeah Storm's not with the team but she's still getting some great scenes and character moments throughout the story. I'm not a storm fan but I like her voice in this. Her opening dialog in the last issue was still one of the most beautifully scripted lines Anyone's ever written for her.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    The old three telepath in a team problem crops up - why would two trained telepaths need a third to detect basic anger? (M seems to be getting used as the team brawler mostly) Wilson, though, isn't to blame for the weird, current power distribution in the team - at least she trying to find ways to work around it
    I'm not having a problem with 3 telepaths on one team in this instance. I think what Wilson's demonstrating that similar power sets have different nuances, based on the user. Karma's telepathy vs Emma's is very different for example. And how Jean can wield both telepathy and teke but Xavier was only limited to telepathy. Real world example is my profession: I'm a designer and my other friend is an animator while my third friend is a sculptor. We are all considered artists and all went to the same art school, but due to our focus of studies, we each specialize in different proficiencies. Telepathic combat proficiencies can follow the same principals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    I'm not having a problem with 3 telepaths on one team in this instance. I think what Wilson's demonstrating that similar power sets have different nuances, based on the user. Karma's telepathy vs Emma's is very different for example. And how Jean can wield both telepathy and teke but Xavier was only limited to telepathy. Real world example is my profession: I'm a designer and my other friend is an animator while my third friend is a sculptor. We are all considered artists and all went to the same art school, but due to our focus of studies, we each specialize in different proficiencies. Telepathic combat proficiencies can follow the same principals.
    Oh I get that - I just don't think Psylocke or M would defer to someone else to sense emotions - definitely not Betsy anyway. Maybe if it was something more complicated, like those things have weird alien minds Rachel is better at deciphering?