Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People got paid to write, direct, and star in a scene where Peter Parker needed to watch a youtube video to understand how batteries worked. These were awful Spider-Man movies.
    Okay no need to go that far into territory but yet they write and pay money fir emo Peter. Look I do not want to fight in a thread. I just can't. I had enough of that by some guys in superherohype.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Okay no need to go that far into territory but yet they write and pay money fir emo Peter. Look I do not want to fight in a thread. I just can't. I had enough of that by some guys in superherohype.
    I understand that you like these movies. But you don't need to get into it with people on message boards because they want to forget about these movies and are excited for whatever the next film incarnation of Spider-Man is.

Amazing Member

I understand that you like these movies. But you don't need to get into it with people on message boards because they want to forget about these movies and are excited for whatever the next film incarnation of Spider-Man is.
    Sad but true, for every person or concept, usually, one of the biggest enemies is their fan(atic)s.

BANNED

But spiderman should not be in films. He should be in shows where they could do the mythos justice. I couldn't take Betty and Robbie being in the background and the romance abd tobey didn't help either

Garfield is getting a bad rap. His films were good with a few problems but he brought the best of his acting ability.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Garfield is getting a bad rap. His films were good with a few problems but he brought the best of his acting ability.
    Indeed. He doesn't deserve the blame

Peter needed to watch a youtube video to understand how batteries work.

Garfield's Peter was a terrible Peter.
    You are hung up on that one scene and that one scene alone. It'd be like judging Maguire and all of his moments as Peter Parker on the dance scene in Spider-Man 3. What about creating his own web-shooters? Own door lock? Understanding cross species genetics better than all the OsCorp interns? Writing equations all over his skateboard? Building his own police scanner?

Despite this one scene, Webb provides a Peter Parker that consistently and effectively shows Peter is a genius. Raimi over relied on the supporting characters saying how incredibly smart Peter is. There is only one scene I. the entire trilogy that shows Peter is a truly intelligent guy with his interaction with Doctor Octavius and his conversation with him and his wife. The rest is awkward and incredibly forced.

The scene is bad, yes. But it isn't the end all be all of the portrayal. And the fact that you rely on it shows how difficult it is to formulate an argument that Garfield's Peter is awful.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    You are hung up on that one scene and that one scene alone. It'd be like judging Maguire and all of his moments as Peter Parker on the dance scene in Spider-Man 3. What about creating his own web-shooters? Own door lock? Understanding cross species genetics better than all the OsCorp interns? Writing equations all over his skateboard? Building his own police scanner?

Despite this one scene, Webb provides a Peter Parker that consistently and effectively shows Peter is a genius. Raimi over relied on the supporting characters saying how incredibly smart Peter is. There is only one scene I. the entire trilogy that shows Peter is a truly intelligent guy with his interaction with Doctor Octavius and his conversation with him and his wife. The rest is awkward and incredibly forced.

The scene is bad, yes. But it isn't the end all be all of the portrayal. And the fact that you rely on it shows how difficult it is to formulate an argument that Garfield's Peter is awful.
    The dancing scene was fine. Peter was wearing the Venom symbiote at the time. Everyone is all hung up on those scenes when they didn't understand them. Peter Parker isn't cool. Venom was just making Peter act like how he thought a cool guy would act.

In Amazing, Peter's smarts were downplayed so we could all see how amazing Gwen Stacy was. She was the one who instantly developed an antidote for the Lizard's formula. She was the one who came up with a plan to take down Electro because she knew how to work the grid. Talking about how he built his own door lock doesn't change this.

Worst part of Marvel getting Spidey back is Garfield getting put out to pasture, and beyond that, being synonymous with Sony's bungling. Sony has an out now. Marvel swings in, fixes their mess, and they benefit by hitching their wagon to the Marvel Studios train. Almost seems unfair. I can totally see Garfield's Spidey sharing scenes with RDJ. While I'm sure Marvel will help find someone just as capable, it still blows. Even seeing Emma Stone being taken off the table is hard, as the introduction of Spider-Gwen has made me look at Emma's version of the character in a whole new light. Would've been amazing to see her suit up in a Spider-Man film someday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post

Indeed. Thank you darman. I like the fan edit you came up with. But sadly people are gonna ignore that and make the theatrical cut exist until a DC comes. I hope it comes and I hope it'll win people over.

BANNED

The dancing scene was fine. Peter was wearing the Venom symbiote at the time. Everyone is all hung up on those scenes when they didn't understand them. Peter Parker isn't cool. Venom was just making Peter act like how he thought a cool guy would act.

In Amazing, Peter's smarts were downplayed so we could all see how amazing Gwen Stacy was. She was the one who instantly developed an antidote for the Lizard's formula. She was the one who came up with a plan to take down Electro because she knew how to work the grid. Talking about how he built his own door lock doesn't change this.
    You ignored all the other stuff he made. And no the dance scene is bad. People defend this because Peter is suppose to be a dick which would be okay but 98 percent is just him being a douchey instead of him being a tortured a try person abd Peter may be a geek at heart but I don't imagine him doing that.

You ignored all the other stuff he made. And no the dance scene is bad. People defend this because Peter is suppose to be a dick which would be okay but 98 percent is just him being a douchey instead of him being a tortured a try person abd Peter may be a geek at heart but I don't imagine him doing that.
    He understood cross species genetics better than the interns? Really? Did he come up with the cure for the Lizard's formula? Nope.

Did he know how to work the grid to take down Electro? Nope.

Of all the things that mattered to the "plots" of those movies, Gwen was the hero. She overshadowed Peter. Saying "Peter built his own door lock" doesn't change that in the slightest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    Worst part of Marvel getting Spidey back is Garfield getting put out to pasture, and beyond that, being synonymous with Sony's bungling. Sony has an out now. Marvel swings in, fixes their mess, and they benefit by hitching their wagon to the Marvel Studios train. Almost seems unfair. I can totally see Garfield's Spidey sharing scenes with RDJ. While I'm sure Marvel will help find someone just as capable, it still blows. Even seeing Emma Stone being taken off the table is hard, as the introduction of Spider-Gwen has made me look at Emma's version of the character in a whole new light. Would've been amazing to see her suit up in a Spider-Man film someday.
    People would also call his role forgettable and bad and be compared to twilight fir no reason. And it's all thanks to Sony. I hope after all of this marvel will decide to release a directors cut of TASM 1and 2. The cast and crew deserve it

BANNED

He understood cross species genetics better than the interns? Really? Did he come up with the cure for the Lizard's formula? Nope.

Did he know how to work the grid to take down Electro? Nope.

Of all the things that mattered to the "plots" of those movies, Gwen was the hero. She overshadowed Peter. Saying "Peter built his own door lock" doesn't change that in the slightest.
    Peter was hunting the lizard. He was just way too busy trying to find him and get Connors.

Peter was hunting the lizard. He was just way too busy trying to find him and get Connors.
    That's the whole point. Peter is in over his head. But he still tries to make it all work. How successful he is at it depends on the story itself.

Having Gwen come in and be "the brains" was a terrible decision. They undercut how smart Peter is supposed to be.