Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Silk Appreciation Thread

Silk's story begins today, along with the new and improved CBR boards. TPTB promise a big role for her in the Spiderverse and I welcome you to express your appreciation of Silk, and her story, here.
    Last edited by billee0918; 05-01-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Fantastic Member

I like the idea and look of Silk. Curious to see her story unfold as things progress in Amazing.

Excited to see more buildup to her big unveiling in ASM #4. I think it's an interesting idea, I'm open to it! The design is neat, reminds me of a mummy, but wrapped in webs.

Fantastic Member

I just re-read ASM #1 and apparently keep missing Silk... I'm confused...

BANNED

One nitpicking question concerning Silk. In the opening of ASM #1, we see her being bit by the spider on her ankle. But on the cover for the Original Sin tie-in, it's biting her on her arm. I wonder if this discrepancy will be explained or if it'll just be waved off as the kind of inconsistencies that often occur on comic covers. If it's the latter, it's cool, but I am curious as to why it's portrayed in two different ways.

Fantastic Member

Ah, now I think I understand. I read the intro fairly quickly both times. Meh. The Kaine part was waaaaaay better.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    I just re-read ASM #1 and apparently keep missing Silk... I'm confused...
    The really didn't debut Silk , It's the 1st story in ASM 1 where Peter tell his origin.. the spider the bit Peter bit someone else as you can see .. but yeah the didn't show Silk yet

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I like the idea and look of Silk. Curious to see her story unfold as things progress in Amazing.
    This pretty much describes my thoughts exactly as well! Though a part of me thinks oh they are adding something else to someones origins...and usually those ideas do not work out and are super cheesy..I just find this one intriguing ! I kind of think the Spidy verse needs a female Spider powered character, I known Spider woman is Madam Web..but its just not the same!

In general, it makes me nervous when they add another character with roughly the same power set as I feel it typically diminishes the original character but I'm willing to give this one a shot because I just really want to read Spider-Man comics again. I hope Slott does well with the story/character.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I suppose the big question will be where the heck has she been for 13 years, and why reveal herself now? There's also the question of webbing - she's unlikely to have her own web shooters unless she's samrt enough or pinched some, or Mr Stone paid her a visit as well. I mean Morlun is coming back after all.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I suppose the big question will be where the heck has she been for 13 years, and why reveal herself now? There's also the question of webbing - she's unlikely to have her own web shooters unless she's samrt enough or pinched some, or Mr Stone paid her a visit as well. I mean Morlun is coming back after all.
    She's probably like Weapon X or Winter Soldier kind of a deal .. where only in the secret inner circle hear stories of her but not known to the general public,

Re: powers,I'm guessing she's going to have some new tricks and some in common with Peter. At least I hope so.

Extraordinary Member

I liked how it showed it happen, without throwing it into our faces. Awesome stuff.