Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    MC2 Spider-Girl and Earth-X Spider-Girl are pretty big names too...

Than there's Spiderverse Spider-Girls/Women...

Mattie is dead, sure...

And Julia is Madam Web.

There's also Black Widow as she's named after a Spider.
    I wouldn't really say those big names are around much anymore, though. And yes there will be Spider-Girl/Women in Spiderverse, but that's just an event. I'm talking just the mainstream universe.

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    One more Spider-person. Because there were apparently vacancies that needed filling.
    Well with Mattie dead and Julia's old Arachne spot empty, we've got vacancies for up to 2 Spider-Women these days.

Extraordinary Member

I liked how it showed it happen, without throwing it into our faces. Awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I like the idea and look of Silk. Curious to see her story unfold as things progress in Amazing.
    This pretty much describes my thoughts exactly as well! Though a part of me thinks oh they are adding something else to someones origins...and usually those ideas do not work out and are super cheesy..I just find this one intriguing ! I kind of think the Spidy verse needs a female Spider powered character, I known Spider woman is Madam Web..but its just not the same!

In general, it makes me nervous when they add another character with roughly the same power set as I feel it typically diminishes the original character but I'm willing to give this one a shot because I just really want to read Spider-Man comics again. I hope Slott does well with the story/character.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I suppose the big question will be where the heck has she been for 13 years, and why reveal herself now? There's also the question of webbing - she's unlikely to have her own web shooters unless she's samrt enough or pinched some, or Mr Stone paid her a visit as well. I mean Morlun is coming back after all.

Re: powers,I'm guessing she's going to have some new tricks and some in common with Peter. At least I hope so.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    I just re-read ASM #1 and apparently keep missing Silk... I'm confused...
    The really didn't debut Silk , It's the 1st story in ASM 1 where Peter tell his origin.. the spider the bit Peter bit someone else as you can see .. but yeah the didn't show Silk yet

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I suppose the big question will be where the heck has she been for 13 years, and why reveal herself now? There's also the question of webbing - she's unlikely to have her own web shooters unless she's samrt enough or pinched some, or Mr Stone paid her a visit as well. I mean Morlun is coming back after all.
    She's probably like Weapon X or Winter Soldier kind of a deal .. where only in the secret inner circle hear stories of her but not known to the general public,

Fantastic Member

There's no real other way to say... MEH.

Even though her origin is kind of a gray area, I'm open the the idea of a new Spider-like rogue.

All-New Member

just wanted to bump this thread to see what people are thinking so far??? i know not much has been shown but are you intrigued? hopeful?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm intrigued certainly and I am hopeful that they can make her an interesting character conquestcomics.

But as you yourself said we don't know much about her yet.

I am looking forward to the Silk story. I hope it lives up to its potential...you can't have enough spider-people.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

uh, so who is Silk, why should we care? How did she get her abilities from an already dead spider?