Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So anyone knows why Silk started to be so annoyed of Spidey? Originaly she was this fangirl of his with rape tendencies, and from what I read on her own solo she stills seems to respect Spider-Man and the fangirl crap is gone, and if this issue is written by the same guy who wrote her series, why's she annoyed at Spidey? Did I miss something?
    Spider-Fly Effect?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So anyone knows why Silk started to be so annoyed of Spidey? Originaly she was this fangirl of his with rape tendencies, and from what I read on her own solo she stills seems to respect Spider-Man and the fangirl crap is gone, and if this issue is written by the same guy who wrote her series, why's she annoyed at Spidey? Did I miss something?
    I don't even think she was a fangirl because she started off pretty ticked and dismissive of him after he pulled her out of the bunker.

It only marginally improved with Thompson's much-needed revamp. She wasn't completely dismissive or disrespectful to him, but she didn't seem all that crazy about him whenever she was around him (but then again, that's par for the course for Spidey at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Fly Effect?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they use something like that to explain that, if they bother to do it that is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't even think she was a fangirl because she started off pretty ticked and dismissive of him after he pulled her out of the bunker.
    Yeah, she did get annoyed with him releasing her because she was afraid of Morlun, but after that she was treating Peter better, hell, she even got jealous of Anna Maria at one point, though that may have been because of the pheromones.

But maybe it's something else, quite possible she was only into the sex too, she did seem interested in seeing if her pheromones were going to affect other Spider-Men in ASM#10 after all, creepy **** lol.

Now that makes me wonder where the hell the pheromones went, in ASM#14 Peter and Cindy mention it still exists, but I think in her own comics it's not mentioned anymore. Did Thompson decide to ignore its existance? Because I'm okay with that.

It only marginally improved with Thompson's much-needed revamp. She wasn't completely dismissive or disrespectful to him, but she didn't seem all that crazy about him whenever she was around him (but then again, that's par for the course for Spidey at this point).
    Can't wait for the day Marvel makes everyone disliking Spidey to the point the other heroes actualy try to attack him for no reason, constantly

Now that makes me wonder where the hell the pheromones went, in ASM#14 Peter and Cindy mention it still exists, but I think in her own comics it's not mentioned anymore. Did Thompson decide to ignore its existance? Because I'm okay with that.
    That was the presumed reason it was dropped once she got her solo. And it was certainly not missed .
    Can't wait for the day Marvel makes everyone disliking Spidey to the point the other heroes actualy try to attack him for no reason, constantly
    "He's a menace!"

I actually like their relationship in the beginning due to the pheromones it made it funny

Silk Squad 4 LIFE!

Like people said, once Thompson took over the book he pretty much immediately got rid of that pheromone business without ever mentioning it, for the better, and was able to craft Silk into such a great character.

In terms of her interaction with Spider-Man, she only had a couple fairly short interactions in her solo book, and they're all relegated to just them acting as good friends on their good terms. The most interaction we got was in The Spiderfly Effect, which did have them bickering for almost the whole thing, but since that's non-canon now I only half count it.

I think it's really just a running gag at this point, with everyone pointing out how annoying Spider-Man is, even though almost every single one of them would be quipping in their own way if he wasn't there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    In terms of her interaction with Spider-Man, she only had a couple fairly short interactions in her solo book, and they're all relegated to just them acting as good friends on their good terms. The most interaction we got was in The Spiderfly Effect, which did have them bickering for almost the whole thing, but since that's non-canon now I only half count it.
    They seemed decently friendly, although I remember quite a few instances where Peter tried to reach out to Cindy or give her some words of wisdom and she ignored him...

Although I guess that was in-character for Thompson's Cindy.
    I think it's really just a running gag at this point, with everyone pointing out how annoying Spider-Man is, even though almost every single one of them would be quipping in their own way if he wasn't there anyway.
    I feel like the only people who consistently show any respect to Spider-Man at this point are Flash Thompson and Miles Morales (who also is Spider-Man, so it's kind of a cheat).

Although I do think it just gets really ridiculous when his entire Avengers team treats him like a pest when he's been doing this longer then everyone on that team save Hercules.

They seemed decently friendly, although I remember quite a few instances where Peter tried to reach out to Cindy or give her some words of wisdom and she ignored him...
    In that case, which I believe was in the first issue, she was still feeling some anxiety and trauma over the bunker thing, so it was less about being dismissive about Peter, and more just feeling uncomfortable about everything. Plus, she asked for his help later in that book to fight Black Cat, and they showed friendliness towards each other during and after her time working with Black Cat.

Although I do think it just gets really ridiculous when his entire Avengers team treats him like a pest when he's been doing this longer then everyone on that team save Hercules.
    I think that's why one of my favourite Spider-Man moments is from that New Avengers tie-in to Avengers Vs. X-Men when Iron Fist's teacher tells Spider-Man to train Hope, and she completely dismisses and talks down to him, but then he tells the Uncle Ben story and she chases after him to get him to say more. Most heroes don't take him seriously because he jokes all the time, but when they actually know what's going on in his head, they realize he's so much smarter and knows what he's doing.

I feel like the only people who consistently show any respect to Spider-Man at this point are Flash Thompson and Miles Morales (who also is Spider-Man, so it's kind of a cheat).
    It'll be dark times for Spidey if Flash ever turns his back on him

Probably for the sake of getting that dumb nostlagia of older comics, which other heroes didn't care much for him, but even back then it was stupid/annoying anyways.

I don't think every hero should like

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think that's why one of my favourite Spider-Man moments is from that New Avengers tie-in to Avengers Vs. X-Men when Iron Fist's teacher tells Spider-Man to train Hope, and she completely dismisses and talks down to him, but then he tells the Uncle Ben story and she chases after him to get him to say more. Most heroes don't take him seriously because he jokes all the time, but when they actually know what's going on in his head, they realize he's so much smarter and knows what he's doing.
    To be fair, that moment with Hope made sense not because of her being annoyed at Spidey's usual antics, she actualy wasn't even annoyed at that, it was because she was being trained to be able to control the Phoenix Force, suddenly they say Spidey is supposed to train her, and Spidey is just some guy with spider powers, didn't help that Spidey himself didn't know what to do, unlike most times which characters treat Spidey like a pest, she had actual good reasons to be annoyed.

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Definitely missing Analog!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Definitely missing Analog!
    Likewise. Hope she gets a series of her own, or at least more regular appearances, again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, would be a shame if Hulk 717 was her last appearance. She's too old for the Champions (she's around the same age as Peter) despite counting three of it's members as friends, and there's no Avengers B team for her to join currently. So unless her solo comes back, where can she go?

Because I'm stupid - Toss her and Miles in a book with Jess Drew teaching them how to be spies :P Except Bobbi already taught Cindy that - but I think Cindy still wound up a t the SHIELD Academy at the end of her run?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast